Posts by lionelframpton

ok I have a sound through this speaker. Let’s mic it then. Or send the profile sound direct through the pa. Wait... We can’t mic it or send the sound direct we only get one preset sound? Lol. use your brain.

Don’t worry guys the beginners figured it out. Imprints aren’t realistically usable yet. Can’t record them. Can’t put them through front of house. Maybe someday.

I’ve owned a Kemper for over 4 years but I’m still a beginner lol.

It does change your FOH sound but not via imprints. You can select different cabs for each rig but yes this is the point - there is a disconnect.

There definitely is a disconnect. It doesn’t make any sense to me but thanks for trying to explain.

I think you are missing the point of the Kabinet and what it's there to resolve.

I understand it’s more for the sound in the room. But you think changing speakers shouldn’t change your sound at all FOH? Interesting. What would be the point of different speakers then? Going in circles here maybe. Haha.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone.

Personally I find the sound of guitar speakers more inspiring than full range speakers.

That's the beauty of the imprints.

I'm all about the imprints but I can't understand why...

"The Kemper Kab is all about the speaker-in-the-room experience - that is - your experience as you are playing. It does not provide that experience in a way that is intended to be shared with the audience (unless it's a very small audience), or for recording."

It's not intended to be shared with an audience or for recording? What? Why are we doing this then lol.

If you send the sound of a conventional amp through FOH with a microphone, the audience hears a different sound than you hear onstage. But, it is possible to use Kone to hear that sound, if you want to hear it.

Using the Profiler, you can send a Studio or Merged Profile to FOH, and use Kone with an Imprint onstage (if you don't want to hear the sound of the microphone in the Kone), or, you can use Kone in Full Range mode to hear the same sound you are sending to the PA.

Ok I understand the audience hears a different sound from a mic'd speaker than I hear on stage but apparently using different speaker imprints doesn't change the sound foh? How does that make any sense? If I used different speakers in a normal cab it would change the sound foh. Otherwise what would be the point of having different speakers? Come on man.

Ok thanks I'll check it out but not quite sure why I would want to hear something different than the audience. The "speaker imprints " change the sound but not the sound the audience hears. Doesn't make much sense to me so I probably wont use it.

Just purchased the Kemper Cab. Am I understanding this correctly? The IR's only work on the monitor output using a kemper cab and we're told not to mic that cab? How do you record the different speaker IR's then? No stereo option?

I tried the pure cab setting already also. It was on 6 and I moved it to 3. My eq is set to flat. Didn't help much in my opinion. It was very obvious to 2 other people when I played the new profile through the same cab that I had just profiled a head through that it was much darker. It wasn't just my opinion. I appreciate the feedback and suggestions keep them coming. Thank you.

I'm noticing when I profile amps now, I'm losing presence compared to the original amp sound. The profiles sound darker. I've tried different mic placement as well as mics and cables and speakers. Did something change in version 7? Last time I profiled with the previous major release they sounded more identical. Curious if something changed in the software to cause this?

I updated to 7.4.1 now my power amp stopped working. Works with headphones or to a DAW but will not work with my cab. I tested the cab and the speaker cable. Both work. Am I missing something here? F.Y.I I have the kemper profiler with built in power amp.

Thanks. I've tried that before also but probably the best option :thumbup:

This seems to be my biggest issue using the Kemper. My clean sounds are louder than my distortion sounds. I've tried setting the clean sense. It only seems to work setting it at about -9. Do I have to set every clean sound to that value to match my distorted sounds? Seems like a lot. There's also a big difference between playing it in your room and playing on stage also. You actually want your distortion louder than your clean in a live situation. You will perceive it completely different on stage with a band playing. Bottom line, I do not want my volume to decrease when I hit the distortion that's for sure. Any tips? Thanks.