Posts by kburks1230

So I've been living with an annoying issue that I don't remember being there in the beginning but may have come in from one of the updates down the line.

Here is the scenario that reproduces the problem:

• Volume pedal at 0 and Performance 1 selected
    • Select performance 2
    • Volume is still at 0, pedal is still at full heel position, and everything seems fine, no sound comes out yet when I noodle around on my guitar.
    • Swell in volume slowly...
    • AHHH! Volume jumps in all of the sudden in a not so nice way, like 0 to 20% all at once, audience is distracted and I am embarrassed! oops! Kemper! You set me up!

I am able to work around the issue by moving the volume pedal to 50% and then back to 0% before swelling in after switching from one performance to another. I use my performances like patches so this is annoying for me and is an extra step that I would rather not have to think about.

Has anyone else noticed this issue?

I have a GT1000FX and I have settled on 2 Xitone passive wedges in my studio. I had a stereo 2x12 cab which is what got me into the Matrix but there wasnt enough spread with the two speakers being so close together. I figured for my small space 2 separate wedges be the most fun. The FRFR speakers are amazing and I can also run crystal clear music or my Gibson J-45(LR Baggs Anthem + Session DI) into this rig and its better than any PA.

I have a Yamaha MG10XU mixer that I could run my Kemper through prior to going into my Matrix GT1000FX power amp and then my 212 Xitone Stereo cab. This would allow me to EQ and blend in a variety of things like music and other instruments.

My question is...

Will there be a degredation in the sound from going into the $150 mixer rather than going direct into my Matrix with Stereo XLR?

I run my Kemper into an amazing Matrix GT1000FX into a 2x12 Xitone cabinet. I use the the Aux In with my iPhone to play music through the Kemper for practice/listening purposes. It's a good all in one solution for live sound at home and It sounds amazing except that I'd like to do a little EQ tweaking on the iPhone Aux because music comes through kind of bass heavy.

Is there a way to throw an EQ on the Aux In in the Kemper?

Could you do this with one expression pedal? Set one effect at minimum and the other at maximum at heel position. Then do the reverse at toe position.

Of course, if you want both morphed parameters at maximum at some point of time, or to adjust them independently, this would not work.

Until this feature becomes available, you'll have to use different performances to accomplish this.

It's not as flexible having the two parameters linked together... A lot of times I want to increase reverb without the delay also. It would also be nice to be able to control other parameters with those little nose expression pedals. All rig independent! wow! I would love to be able to do more!

It would be nice to have multiple assignable morph expression pedals that could be independently assigned to different tasks. I used to use a separate pedal for delay wetness/time and reverb wetness/time when I had my Eventides and it was very useful.

It would be nice to plug in a Nose Knob or second expression pedal and have that be available for assignment to drive, treble, etc in addition to the morph pedal.

Line 6 and others have been doing this for years.

Well.... I went ahead and ordered a used Matrix GT1000FX despite being unbelievably turned off by their staff. I called the USA number to ask some questions and they guy kind of insulted me when I asked if they would be willing to do free shipping if I ordered a new one. The guy was very "British" and arrogant and I got the impression that they don't think very highly of Americans but have no problem taking our money. In fact, he kind of acted like he would be doing me a favor by selling me one in the first place. I was on the fence about going with a Matrix at all after that... A little humility would be nice. :)

Im not sure how much wattage I would really need. Probably not much. I would only need enough for on stage monitoring as I go FOH for the main mix with the band. I ordered a Rocktron Velocity 100 for $100 to try out. Its only 50w per channel. I will check out the ISP in the meantime. I have no expectations for the Rocktron :) We shall see!

I just got a screaming deal on a lightly used 2x12 stereo Xitone cabinet. I got it for $350 shipped but the seller took out the 1u rack Matrix 1000 and sold it separately. So I have a 2x12 cab that I could use passive with my Kemper Power Rack or I could find a 1u power amp to put in the rack space that is custom made into the Xitone Cab.

Any suggestions on a worthy power amp that can fill the 1u rack space on my Xitone cab? Im not really liking the price tag of the 1u Matrix 1000 and would like to find something cheaper in a 1u rack format that will do my rig justice.

Stereo would be nice but its not 100% required. But in that case I may as well just wire up the cab as passive since my Kemper is powered.

My Eventide H9 would display a 0-100 number on the screen as you were adjusting the expression pedal and it was incredibly useful. I use my expression pedals for reverb and delay all the time. When I want a wet sound it is nice to know I'm at 75% of expression rather than %55 which on some pedals is virtually the same position. The indicator should show when you move the volume or expression pedal and hide a second after the change is made.

Make it happen! :)

I just bought a Zoom Multistomp MS-70 pedal that is able to accept midi program change commands over USB. Does anyone know if the Kemper can send program changes over USB? The pedal only has a mini usb port and not the standard Midi pin port.

Thanks!