Posts by SaculGuitar

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone could assist me with making IR files out of about 3 cabs I have absolutely adored throughout my 7 years of using a Kemper, to bring into my DAW and other IR loaders for recording and future use across projects.

I've been frequenting the prior discussions about this topic all week and attempted the steps to the point of trying out my exported IR with no luck in getting close.

I understand the accuracy will never be 100% but from where I'm living and with the tools I have available, dirty power is pretty inescapable not matter how I try isolate it seems (Old apartment rental, no SPDIF)

Any Kemper Cab to IR.wav whizzes willing to flex their skills ^^?

Hey all!

I've been trying to figure out how to FULLY wipe my kemper so that it's untouched like day one, no input/output, noise gate parameters or anything in the way. I've done factory resets before in hopes of this and restored the rigs I had backed up but even then a lot of the Kemper's parameters remained the same such as input settings or midi settings, clean sens. etc.

I'm dumbfounded as to how I can actually do this since I'm not looking to bring all the rigs backed up back besides the factory ones I get the option to restore, and to also upload a select few to import on the USB again.

I'd imagine I'd also have to reintroduce the latest firmware, which I'm also looking to do!

Help is greatly appreciated!

Hey guys,

Just looking for some help as to why whenever I import tones (Really just 'heavy' distortion tones) to my Kemper they sound like a wet blanket was thrown over them or they are super saturated and unlistenable. Mainly it's the weak and dull tones I seem to be getting from even "Diezel VH4 High Gain Bright" and "JCM800 High Gain Bright" profiles where there seems to be no distortion whatsoever and sounds caught between clean and distorted.

My clean sens. and distortion sens. is set to 0.0 at the moment and that doesn't seem to be the issue here as the pack of profiles I bought and downloaded was sampled and created with the exact same model of guitar I have and it sounds super weak when I use any of them! The clean profiles I download, even ones from the same packs as distorted bundles, don't seem to ever suffer at all, besides peaking red on the input or output (which can be adjusted with the clean sens. and volume parameters I'm guessing of course?) And yes the EQ, AMP, and CAB are all on in the Stack area.

I thought at first I may had just been cheated on the first pack I bought, but almost over a year and a half later and purchasing another pack from an irrefutable provider, I get completely bogus results again.

What should I do? Export it all onto a USB and then factory reset and import it all back after? I'm really beat down by thinking there may be something wrong with my Kemper and how it handles anything external brought to it. Appreciate the help!

Hey all,

I have finally hooked up my pedals, pbc and kemper and I was just looking for some help as to how It's been done.
    For starters this is how I am connecting the pbc to the kemper.

PBC Output 5-6 > KPA Alternative Input
    KPA Output/Send > PBC in 7-10
    PBC Output A (Left) > KPA Return
    (Is that right?)

Between those connections is a free the tone signal junction box to tidy it up moreso as well, with the midi also going into the signal box and coming out to an RJM phantom power box that sits next to the kemper with the midi out and in connected.

I am having trouble with hearing no sound from my strymon effects in loop 7-10 and hear only very lacking effects from the OD/ect pedals from 1-4.
    All while this is happening, the signal from the guitar/pbc only comes through a straight clean signal and ignores any kemper preset I am on wether it be clean, dirty, etc.
    And yes, the "Mono > Stereo" and "Mono Output" buttons on the back of the PBC are out.

I have the X effect set to stereo loop since that's the only way I get sound of course, although it seems to not acknowledge the actual preset or play these strymons effects at all, what could be done wrong?

There's also an issue with the kemper going from its main outputs into my Scarlett 2i2 and only really showing a consistent signal from the right input and is barely flashing not indicating for the left.

Any ideas? Been going through this with Ron at RJM but he's directed it to being to do with kemper configuration, at least as this point I am at.

Help is much appreciated as I am a massive noob who still needs to tackle setting up presets and being able to change effects in syncopation with kemper presets with the PBC.

I have attached an image of the board currently, don't mind the power supply mess as its yet to be secured under the board! :D