Posts by Ibot39

Niiiiiice! And as always, every pack that is demoed by Dave Chamberlin will go straight into the cart ;)
    Seriously, this man does a superb job representing your profiles!

I always get decent quality cables (Sommer cables or Cordial), but not the voodoo stuff.
    Works.

Same here. But want to add, that I really care for flexibility of the material in home(-studio) use.

The cables have to be easy to handle (unroll, roll up), not twisting, be flexible! The music has to be rebellious, not the cables ;)

why use pedels when you can have amp gain,,,?????

you are right...somehow... but on the other hand many guitarist use pedals to further sculpture their sound. Be it John Mayer and his Marshall Bluesbreaker pedal, scott henderson with SD9 and boosters, zakk wylde with his signature pedal or think of Fender Landau Hot Rod Deville amp, that is a pedal platform monster to fullfill the needs of his master.

Pedals just add a different flavour to an amp (profile). And some pedals became characteristic for genres like Boss HM2 - swedish death metal or the (more recent) precision drive is connected to djent.

Elixir plain strings cause a lot more fretwear than regular tin plated strings - cause of the harder "anti-rust" treatment, I guess. That's why I avoid them.

Fender nickel-plated sound the same as D'Addario XL (same factory?), but are cheaper. Also cheap and good (if you have many guitars) are Darco strings - I learnt about them from a statement of Gregor Hilden. All these are in the same ballpark soundwise.

The studio Henosis' owner plays in ORAKLE, a vert good french Black-Metal band and mixes a lot of albums in that style. So that could be very interesting. About which bands are you thinking ?

Will check this band out for sure!

I especially like guitar sound of Enslaved and from melodic Black-Death Metal Bands like Necrophobic, Sacramentum, Dissection (also the more modern Reinkaos has a reference sound for me; maybe Boss MT-2 involved here?). But also trebly, classic Norwegian style profiles are very "underrepresented" ;) Some shoe gaze / blackgaze bands mix the grim and icy tone from the past with ambient clean sounds. The band Alcest is a favourite :thumbup:

Thanks for even checking around for me lbot39! Those D'Andrea Ultra-Plecs played backwards have been a big part of getting my sound. Guenterhaas was right when he mentioned the importance of the pick. Some players get their sound with "cheap" picks and others go the expensive route, but for me it's been the Ultra Plecs. For jazz they give a ton of warmth (akin to Wes playing with his thumb) and they can even make a cheap acoustic guitar have some "richness and body". lbot39 if you're in the US, PM me your address and i'll send you one. I figure what i've got now won't last for but so long and based on the thread comments maybe you'd enjoy trying one of my few remaining ones out.

Thanks, but I live in Germany. And please guard your treasure picks :thumbup:
    Be sure, if ever a remaining stock shows up here in Europe, you will hear from me!

For all the guys here making jokes about this thread I just can say, that the pick is much more important than you may think. It's THE connection between the player and his instrument and the difference between the cheap industrial-made picks like Dunlop and handmade "boutique"-picks (Dawman, V-Picks) is immense. Because the Dawman-picks last much longer they are not more expensive in the end.

Who is making jokes? At least my post was not ironic at all, I seriously enjoy this thread!! I read about stone picks and googled the D'Andrea Ultra-Plec @Meomy Itzme mentioned (but they are definitely not availabe anywhere; sorry) and so on.

The "cheap" Dunlop Max Grip Jazz III Carbon picks last months (!) for me - but I definitely let myself inspire and will try out other picks in the future too (for fun!).

Just a few thoughts - maybe some "some" tricks do work for you too? If you multitrack, play the riffs that you pan left in another position of fretboard then the riffs on the right. And maybe don't play EXACTLY the same riff on each side. Sometimes adding takes with only single notes, "octave chords" or just pedal tones builds up to a wall of sound. Also adding a looser guitar tone (on both sides, but with reduced volume) to some tight takes will often work to thicken it up - you have to find the right place for this, not hard panned left / right, but more 50-70%.

I LOVE those threads! I'd buy a whole book "Which picks do you use? - 1200 guitarists tell their story" :thumbup:

And I can read here again and again - it just relaxes me! That girl hitting the strings with polished stones, the guy hunting for picks no longer manufactured, others going into detail why they choose what they use... as said, I would buy the book :D

Cool! And don't be afraid to further explore extreme metal tones. You already gave us some of the best! But a few profiles that are tailored for Funeral Doom or Black Metal for example would be much appreciated :saint:

thanks for listening to your customers and doing a just play bundle :)

If one bought the every thing bundle 2 years ago would the producer pack have updated amps ? If so how could I get them with out buying them twice, will get the just play regardless

Ash

Great deals here ...but it seems only for new customers. I have bought the last "everything bundle" plus spend more money on studio packs, as the new Ultimate bundle costs. I asked them, if they can make an offer to upgrade to the full experience, but they "only" offered a discount code for buying new single packs (but do the maths - it's no way an alternative compared to the bundle).

So the only way to complete the collection is to buy the Ultimate Bundle?! Which IS a great deal on it's own...but only for new customers. Damned... ;(

If everything is erased, that:
    - is satire
    - is not satire, but someone letting of steam
    - someone does not find funny, reasonable...
    - is hurting anyones world view
    - was created in anger
    - is provoking your moral point of view
    - is stupid to the bone (for anyone)

at least we would not have a lot lyrics in rock history anymore - and only instrumental black metal ;)

@Gforce guitar you don't get it? Really? It's a satire page!!

Please... don't make Kemper users look like fools without humor, coolness and intellect (I don't wanna be confused with ANY amp nerd, cause they will never get, that profiled tube amps sound MORE authentic, ya know? Blind test proofed it again and again...and again ;) )

"Sexually explicit"? Even my wife is laughing now (and then was aking, which one was the satire - the Facebook page or this thread :thumbup: )