Posts by Randy Willcox

Thanks. I had considered the possibility, but having seen someone labeled "student", I thought perhaps it was a more personal label. I suppose it's fine for the time being, but it does tend to suck a little wind from the sails when interacting. Thank you for that though. Much appreciated.

The automatic update of Rig Manager 3 has been activated last week. Now Rig Manager 3 updates itself as well as the PROFILER OS. Our current RM version is 3.0.100 release and OS is 7.0.19 release. Since then the automatic update has been successfully practiced by thousands of users.

Well, I'm currently running 7.1.19 on my stage and the Rig Manager is 3.0.100. My Rig Manager gave me a popup saying 7.1.21 was available and asked if I wanted to update? I chose yes. The progress bar ran from 0 - 100% as always...and nothing happened. I clicked check for software updates again and got the same popup. Did the same thing. Installing via flash drive.

My profile describes me as "Beginner". Is this a default? I'm sure if I'd seen an option I'd have selected "professional" or something similar. I've tried changing this and it's not a filed that comes up under profile editing or settings. When I click "Account Management", I get: "Warning! You are editing your user account, careless changes might lock you out!" But then there is no option to proceed, so I feel as though the warning should just say, "you aren't allowed to edit your account settings. Sucks to be you!" Is there a way to edit this? I've been playing guitar for most of my life and doing it professionally for over 20 years. I got my first Kemper 4 years ago. I'd like to remove "Beginner" from my profile.

Hello everyone. Found this thread while searching for answers. I too have him noise. I am going out of the L main out to my Bose mixing board. It is driving me crazy. Sounds like this may be something that may require a new unit??

I swapped mine through AMS where I bought it and the new unit has been perfect ever since.

Same thing here. Lots of humming, RF noise and static pops. The unit will even lightly shock me sometimes when I touch it. Definitely not right, but submitted a support ticket so hoping Kemper can take care of me.

They should take care of it. Mine went through AMS where I bought it from and the new unit has been perfect ever since.

My Rig Manager Beta 3.0.94 tells me it will expire in 27 days and asks if I want to upgrade now. I click "upgrade". It supposedly downloads the update and then shuts down. There is no download and when I reopen Rig manager, it's still 3.0.94 and I'm again prompted to upgrade. I have done this several times. Now I'm just going to the downloads page to do it manually. Just like every OS update that NEVER actually updates through Rig Manager, it just behaves the same way. How is a company capable of creating such brilliant equipment and software so incapable of making something this simple work?

So, This issue used to happen with my profiler head. I thought when I got my new Stage (now on my 2nd Stage as the first failed at 20 days) that the issue would be fixed. It isn't.

When Rig Manager (which is the newest version) tells me there is an OS update and asks if I'd like to update my Kemper, I click "install update". The download window appears and the progress bar quickly fills to 100% and then disappears. And the Kemper remains unchanged. Every Time. I still have to update via the USB stick. Any ideas?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Funny, I just got a response from Kemper.

Man, sometimes I want to smack service people. I know they have to deal with idiots all the time, but sometimes I feel like they don't read anything you send them. This was the response:

@ Kemper Amps Support

Dear Randy Willcox,

sorry for the delay.

Grounding issues can be caused by the environment of the customer.

Have you tried to use the device in another environment, your rehearsal room or another house?

Have you tried to use another power outlet and tried the Ground Lift function in the output menu?

Do you receive the same noise when nothing is connected to the Stage except your headphones to the appropriate output and your guitar?

I assumed you'd exchange your device, already?

Do you need assistance?

Where did you purchase your device?

I can forward you to the American-based team when you purchased directly from our online store.

If a new device does not solve the problem, then I suspect the problem is not at the device but in your environment or other equipment.

Keep me informed

Peter

????‍♂️

timowens I just checked your current ticket and our support staff has responded to each of your emails. Please check your spam folder.

We have forwarded your case to the service team in Denver. They will contact you on Monday.

My Spam folder has nothing from Kemper.

I got my replacement from American Musical Supply today. After Kemper responded to my email last Tuesday October 8th, a week after I sent it, because of a "long weekend", I responded twice that evening and sent links to my videos. They have still not responded since. Anyway, the new unit is quiet, but so was the last one for the first 20 days. I just got this pop-up on my computer and it seems a little vague:

"Something went wrong. Some items in PROFILER are damaged. To resolve this issue, turn PROFILER off. Wait for 10 seconds and choose Browse mode while holding the Rig button for at least 30 seconds. PROFILER will boot and attempt to repair the items in question."

This is exactly what it says. By leaving out where to power it up again, it leaves it a guessing game. So I've tried everything. Holding the buttons for over 30 seconds to see if it boots up. Holding the buttons WHILE I turn it on. Pressing them AFTER I turn it on. Holding down rig THEN pressing browse. I'm not getting any reboot/repair process happening. My patience is growing thin.

Any suggestions for how this reboot is supposed to work?

I got my replacement from American Musical Supply today. After Kemper responded to my email last Tuesday, October 8th, a week after I sent it, because of a "long weekend", I responded and sent links to my videos. They have still not responded since. Anyway, the new unit is quiet, but so was the last one for the first 20 days. I just got this pop-up on my computer and it seems a little vague.

"Something went wrong. Some items in PROFILER are damaged. To resolve this issue, turn PROFILER off. Wait for 10 seconds and choose Browse mode while holding the Rig button for at least 30 seconds. PROFILER will boot and attempt to repair the items in question."

This is exactly what it says. By leaving out where to power it up again, it leaves it a guessing game. So I've tried everything. Holding the buttons for over 30 seconds to see if it boots up. Holding the buttons WHILE I turn it on. Pressing them AFTER I turn it on. Holding down rig THEN pressing browse. I'm not getting any reboot/repair process happening. My patience is growing thin.

I also experienced email issues with support but once we got that sorted out Kemper US sent me a replacement unit overnight and it has worked perfectly ever since.

You should also double check that the ground lifts are not enabled, it's in the menu somewhere, I don't have my Stage handy so I can't tell you where the setting is but engaging the ground lift will also cause this issue.

Oh, the first thing I did was go into the outputs menu and try the ground lifts to see if they helped. They didn't. I let Kemper and AMS know that also.

Glad you guys in the US seems to be getting replacement units.
    I have been dealing with Kemper support in Europe since I bought my Stage on the first week of release.
    I have multiple ground problems. Just endless emails backwards and forwards and no resolution. Sent videos too.
    Tried and successfully replicated in different studio with exactly the same results.

Can’t even profile anything without using a Lehle A/B box acting as a ground lift before the amp input I want to profile as the ground switches on the Stage do nothing but make any ground loop noise louder and weirder.
    My Stage even has a buzz when no cable is plugged into the input that goes when a guitar and cable are inserted.
    Have stayed off the forum with most of this and have just been dealing with support but this has gone on far too long now.

So, when do the people in Europe get replacement units without weird grounding problems? I was encouraged by support to work with them through the problems being told it was software related when I could have just returned the unit for a working one through the retailer within that timeframe. That timeframe is gone.

I'm so sorry to hear this! That's awful. My fear is that my new one will possess the same problem. If that happens, I'll return it and get another head like I had before. I'm really sorry I sold it. But I didn't want to have all that money tied up in Kempers. If this one is or goes bad, I will wait until Kemper gets this figured out. What irritated me the most is that when Kemper replied to my email, they acted as if they had never heard of this issue. That really bothers me. I'd have been much more confident in a resolution if they said they were working on the solution.

I had enough slack in the 1/4" monitor out cable that was plugged into my active DXR speaker, that I could pick the cable up and wave it near the front of the speaker cabinet and could get variations in the noise almost like a theremin.

I'll try the test lead procedure as in the videos here soon.

Funny you should say that...

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If you have a clip lead (or even a piece of wire) try what I did in this video to see if it clears up your issue. If that's the case then I think you need to exchange that unit for another one.

EDIT: In this example it really is a worse case scenario because the lead from the Stage output to my monitor is quite long, in fact, in runs through the attic of my man cave to the other wall so it's probably about 40ft or more. If I used a shorter cable (like 12ft) the noise was much less but still there, kind of like yours.

So, I got an email from Kemper this morning (Tuesday, 10/8). They apologized for the delay because of a long weekend for a banking holiday in Germany. Although my first email went last Tuesday the 1st and then Thursday the 3rd. Anyway, he asked for a video reproducing the issue as if he hasn't heard of this. :rolleyes: So I sent the videos I posted here. I also emailed American Musical Supply where I purchased the unit. They responded and at least said they'd like to call and troubleshoot the issue if it doesn't seem redundant. I replied with the same videos I sent Kemper (haven't heard back from Kemper, btw) but I also made this new one based on yours. I used a clip lead to attain the same result. I sent this video to AMS and am sending it to Kemper as well. I REALLY want a Kemper Stage...but I REALLY want it AFTER they address whatever this production issue is. I'd be afraid to bring this to a gig now.

If you have a clip lead (or even a piece of wire) try what I did in this video to see if it clears up your issue. If that's the case then I think you need to exchange that unit for another one.

EDIT: In this example it really is a worse case scenario because the lead from the Stage output to my monitor is quite long, in fact, in runs through the attic of my man cave to the other wall so it's probably about 40ft or more. If I used a shorter cable (like 12ft) the noise was much less but still there, kind of like yours.

Wow! Thanks Tim, I'll try that today.