Posts by Randy Willcox

My fault, I am not implying that you open your brand new kemper, but what I mean, is that in any case it should be doable to fix easily. You can try to ground it by yourself without openning by coonecting the shield of one of your cables to maybe one screw, but of course, you should just send it back to kemper. It looks like a quality issue, that most likely will be adressed in future revisions of the Stage. It is strange but ground connections in electronics can go wild for almost any reason.

Yeah, that's basically my feeling. If it were a couple years old, sure. But 3 weeks? They need to address this. Thank you!

What happens if you use the monitor outs to the speakers instead of using the 1/4" mains?

No idea. Not particularly interested in rerouting outputs to find out. It worked flawlessly for 20 days including a gig. The fact it spontaneously lost a ground somewhere has me waiting on service to respond or I'll just return it. I'm not going to try using alternate connections as a workaround. I want it fixed/replaced. Losing those outputs would completely mess up how I record with the Kemper. It amazes me that they would release the Stage before it was ready, yet they had a functioning version of the editor at NAMM last January. Right now, I'm pretty disappointed in Kemper.

Looking into the videos, it seems the 1/4" TRS connector shield ring is not properly grounded to the case of the kemper, but most likely they are grounded together to all the other in/outs. That would explain why when you connect one of the TRS (non balanced) outputs, you create a floating ground in your out, so the case of the Kemper becomes an anthenna, but if you connect your USB to the computer for example, the in/outs would get grounded from the USB cable through the computer (all usb are shielded and grounded by standard). This design might be on order to how this version has no balanced inputs or outputs, but then again, which grounding connection between the in/outs is failing, its out of my reach to say as I do not own a STAGE. But it should be quite easy to fix, just one cable from the shielding of the In/Outs to the case of the Kemper (preferably inside the unit) and that should do it.

Although I appreciate that, (and the USB cable doesn't affect the noice in my case), I am not opening my brand new unit and voiding the warranty to perform such a task. The unit worked flawlessly for 20 days, including a gig on day 4, and all of a sudden some sort of ground decided to go rogue. I'm still waiting to hear back from service about the issue. But yeah, I'd send it back before I opened it up and began making ground connections.

Having a similar issue. Just emailed support.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'm not sure if this is related to your issue but it kind of sounds the same, check out this thread Kemper Stage Electrical Noise Issue

This is very similar. The noise actually gets a lot quieter if I unplug the 1/4" cable from the monitor out that I'm using as the Stack out for recording dry guitar half way, but if I unplug it all the way, it's just as noisy, albeit a slightly different frequency. If I unplug the 1/4" Mains outs that go to my FR cabs and use just the XLR to the interface into my DAW, it's quiet. Again, I find it most odd that everything was literally sitting dormant when all of a sudden, this happened.

I've had my Kemper Stage for 3 weeks as of today, 10/01/19. I have 2 Laney IRT-X cabs plugged in as monitors in my studio. about 20 minutes ago, I was sitting in front of my computer, Kemper on, Cabs on, guitar on the stand, volume off...when suddenly a noise like power switching on, came through the Laneys followed by radio interference. I couldn't make it out, but there was talking as well as a lot of hiss. It goes away with the cables removed from the Monitor Outputs. I plugged in my HX Stomp and plugged the Laneys into it and no hiss or interference. Any ideas what caused this sudden phenomenon?

So, with all the latest updates, my Rig manager is choosing when it wants to communicate with my KPA. I ordered a few Top Jimi rigs (Brown sound pack...amazing!) and had to make some room on the Kemper (I was at 999). If I deleted more than one at a time in Rig Manager, the Kemper would crash. I'd hit "exit" and it would reboot. So I continued to delete unused profiles one at a time. Well, they delete from the rig manager, but apparently not from the Kemper. I'm down to 961 according to the Rig Manager, but every time I turn on the Kemper, it tells me I have 1,002 profiles on the Kemper and need to delete at least 2. This makes no sense. And yes, I made sure I'm deleting them from the Kemper location in the Rig Manager and not just some other folder. But now matter how many times I reboot the Kemper or the Rig Manager, it insists I still have 1,002 profiles on the Kemper. I know it seems silly, but it is so irritating having to scroll profile by profile on the Kemper to find which profiles I want to delete that losing the ease of doing it via Rig Manager might make me launch my beloved toaster box off the roof of my building. Anyone have a similar issue? Any solutions? It seems like such a basic function that I can't imagine the brilliant minds at Kemper missed this issue before releasing it.

I watched tons of video demos and thought I was prepared, but I wasn't! After talking to Andy from The Amp Factory about the possibility of more presets being available for the Atomic Amplifire (there aren't), he suggested I look into the KPA. Now, I'd seen and heard some stuff and Pete Thorn has talked about it and demoed it, but after seeing so many of the videos and hearing demonstrations, I had to order one. I received it yesterday and right out of the box the tones absolutely blew my mind! I thought about it all day! I haven't even scratched the surface and I already can't imagine life without it! I'm in love! <3

Randy Willcox

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/randywillcoxmusic
    Twitter: @randywillcox
    Instagram: @randywillcoxmusic
    Soundcloud: randywillcox
    Tumblr: @randywillcox
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/c/randywillcox