Posts by Roeffel

Hey guys , I'm just wondering how many of you settled with profiles free or commercial and never looked back ? There are so many sellers , so many great profiles , but hot water doesn't need to be invented anymore ...
    Has it all been done ? do we need more profiles and people who want a slice of the pie ? Didn't they miss the boat ?

Just things I've been thinking about lately ...

In my case I bought only a handful of profiles and i'm perfectly happy !

The first days of owning the kemper (about 2 months) I was scrolling thru the rig exchange , reading all posts in the profiles sections , hunting on youtube ...

The I realized it was just madness , so looked for the things I needed (which was , clean , classic , crunch , rock and heavy sounds to play the variety of songs we play in our coverband)

Do you guys share the same feeling ?

grtz

Raf

Hi guys , anyone tried to use the big hairy ADA profiles live yet ? poweramp and cab instead of whole profile itself?

Could use some big beefy hair metal sounds (scorpions,alice cooper,...) to use with my coverband !

thx

Raf

It makes sense because you tinkered with the rig and the 'E' is to remind you that any tweaks will be lost if you don't save.When you load the rig again the 'E' will be gone.

I'd say deactivating the effect should make the "E" disappear on the fly , because the state is back to normal ... so I noticed remaining in the performance , the E stays , moving to another and back , and it's gone.

Is there a sort of undo all option ? to revert to the original state instead of undoing each move ?

Raf

Ok just noticed activating an effect by pushing fx buttons causes the E to appear , deactivating the effect does not cause the E to dissapear ... makes no sense at all to me !

Raf

Hey all , strange thing happened ... I messed up assigning FX button IIII ... I cleared the fx assigned to it and they arent lit anymore on the kemper itself. The fx button seems to be connected to 2 parameters but hey aren't anymore

Pushing the button , nothing happens , I can assign a 3th fx and it switches without the leds on the buttons are lit ... not the upper nor the lower ?

Is there a way to reset this state ?

Maybe a bug ?

thx

Raf

Ok Guys , what are you guys bringing along as a backup rig ?

I use the almighty powered kemper rack incl remote ... so basicely i'm screwed if somethings going wrong :)

I've been thinking of getting a low budget solution to grab as a backup

The best way to go is to use a floormodeller and a small SS poweramp ala ISP stealth/quilter

What do you guys use ?

Thx

Raf

Where is the Transpose effect in your signal chain? With high-gain sounds, especially, it's best to run it in the stomps section, before the amp.

(On the other hand, pitch shifting effects where the shifted notes are combined with the original signal to create a chord usually work better after the amp.)

It's in the "X" spot , great idea , it's to pure transpose the sound ... give it a try and let you know if that was the problem !

Raf

Hey guys , when using the transpose function , the effect emphasizes a nasty sound (suppose , fretbuzz or palm mute , or maybe something I have no control about) ... Sound can be described a metalscrape sqeal (hard to explain)

A studio eq can probably reduce this ...

Anyone else notices this problem , I detune a higher gain sound by 1 whole step

Is there software (free) that can analyse the spectrum so I can visualize the problem ?

thanks a lot

Raf

It would be nice if the wah is disengaged the effect itself is being greyed out (or even on the remote the white led underneath the stomp) is disabled as well (same as pushing the button on/off) , no there's no way to tell if it is enabled or not

thx

Raf

hmmm , i'm going to suggest this in future updates ...in the meanwhile I connected the switch from the mission pedal to turn on the wah ...

I would rather disable the wah instead of bypassing it so it can be seen on the screen and led form the fx buttons

R

OK quick update , the wah seems to stop but i thought it would be visible on the screen that it was being disabled ?

When using the switch as wel you can see that the wah effect is being enabled/disabled

So is it correct that bypassing the wah is not visible ? Only switching on/off the effect ?

Raf

Hey guys , super excited got my remote and EP-1 today :thumbup:

I'm trying to set up the pedal to act as wah (no volume needed)

So got the pedal working (goes only to 117 instead of 127 ?)

Anyway , I can't get the wah to disable in bypass at toe (or even every other option) ? I have no clue what else is needed ?

I did program button I as wah , but don't see any changes ?

Also what are the second row leds for (1 to 5) .... morphing it is :)

Thx a lot for helping me out !

Raf