Posts by Roeffel

I don't exactly understand, sorry. :)

What I'm referring to is that you want to morph a booster (inside the Profiler) and you experience that at some point instead of boosting further the level seems to drop slightly. If this does NOT happen on headphones on the Profiler, it has to do with your poweramp. But if it DOES happen on headphones, it's the intenal limit of boosting you run into.

I'll check it asap ! Keep you informed ! thx

Check with headphones directly on the Profiler!

There's a limit how much can be boosted inside the Profiler. Going even further leads to exactly this effect happening.

So reducing the start level would solve this ?

However I must say when I a/B'd with a fryette PS100 it did not happen ? And would this not cause the output to clip ?

Raf

Guys, I encouter an issue with my BAM200 poweramp ...

It's loud enough so no problem but when I add a boost few dB the level increases with morph but the last few % the volume drops.

I'm not clipping the BAMs input (signal leds stay green, as well as the output) ...

Why is this happening, can a signal be flattened while not saturating ? Is this the description of lack of headroom ?

I'm considering to keep it as backup and go for a powerstage 700 or a fryette PS2 ...

All insight is welcome !

thx

Raf

Just another point - for solo's, why not use a separate rig? I have a rhythm sound that I morph the volume for riffs and to emphasize parts, but for solo's I use a dedicated performance slot. It means I can use a different amp profile as well and voice it specifically for solo's.

I don't feel the need to change the overall sound, what I might do as well instead of using the boosters is to use a graphic EQ and morph some xtra mids together with the extra rig volume ... Tonight I can crank the setup again at rehearsal and will see if the "cut the mix" preset will do the job !

Raf

ps : leaving my foot on the expression without having to look down again to hit a button is golden for me :)

That is a known issue and fixed in the OS we are currently testing internally. Please watch out for OS 8.7.3.

However, we never understood the need for an S/PDIF output volume. Why wouldn't you control it at the receiving device? Could you provide practical examples?

I link this output to the master volume, that way I can easily level the guitar volume to the MP3's I play along with.

Raf

I went FRFR for a while (passive clr), I always thought I wanted these difference in sound. In the end we always use one cab anyway, so I completely abandoned the idea to mimic to sound of a cab when you can use the real deal. FOH gets the IR included sound, I did not need the urge to hear the same sound as the audience would.

They would hear or care anyway ... so traditional setup for me

Raf

I think you morph amp volume and/or pure booster. I recommend Rigvolume. What have you in the FX-Module?

booster, chorus,reverb and delay ... (chorus not needed for my main rig

Is it possible to morph rig volume as well ?

Raf

Hi guys, in the past I used some extra amp volume and a pure booster to increase the volume for my leads. I noticed that it sounded a bit too harsh and sounded like the sound saturated.

The output leds stay green so no red clipping leds.

What should I to to increase the volume without this phenoma ? lower the initial amp volume ? lets say i'm boosting the amp with 2 dB, same as the booster in the fx slot.

Thanks for the advice

Raf

Hi guys,

Since I abandoned my power rack and went full stage (more a luxury problem) I was looking for a nice option to mount the stage with 2 missions. I had one mounted on a HPL plate that I stored in a Headrush backpack but I really missed having the 2nd pedal available right away and not havin it put on the floor next to the board. There were 2 competitors, the pedaltrain Jr Max and the Thon FBV case. Both different options but decided to go with the mare rigid thon case, taking off the lid and ready to go.

As you can see on the pics, Iremoved the foam, cut my beloved HPL plate and mounted the stage and pedals on to it and fix it with 3M velcro. Also raised the top of the stage bit to get better clearance to the nput guitar jack.

Really happy with the result, not too heavy and nicely balanced to carry with the handle ...

Enjoy the pics !

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/zjYgW5x.jpg]

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/dFJ34ny.jpg]

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/5sj5oZY.jpg]

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/E2OXkqB.jpg]

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/ikSSjXq.jpg]

Raf

Hi guys, I'd like to have a small backup/rehearsal grab n go unit to complement my stage ...

I used to have a Hx stomp with 2 pedals that did the trick (one morph, one wah) when I had a powerrack.

After getting the stage I sold the rack so now look for a new "high end" backup ... tried the ampero one day but it felt more like a home solution and not really gig worthy. No idea why I felt that, it was not the case with the stomp. The stomp sounded great but not kemper league great ...

Also I want it to have to expression pedal capabilities to keep the morph and wah going as I have with the kemper.

I prefer a 220V EU plug to a seperate powerunit (but not on top of the list)

Is the FM3 my only option ? Neural to expensive and not to keen about it either due to all the things that I read about it since it launch. However it's probably a great device.

Should I wait for a new device to show up ? Something like a new Atomic amplifier 6 or so ?

Hit me up ! what would you do ?

Raf