Posts by vjau75

OK, thanks for the response. So is the general consensus that, due to anti-aliasing, digital signals are already as smooth as analog ones and so the question is rendered invalid?

The general consensus is that when you are removing high frequency content from the digital curve, it becomes as "smooth" as the other curve.
    The thing is, if you can't hear above 20khz (which you can't do if you are a human and not a bat), you will never be able to hear those "stairsteps".

I havn't seen any official confirmation that the ODs would be updated.
    However, reading between the lines, i guess SOMEDAY (i would be very surprised this would come with the new reverbs), we will have new ODs, with a generic engine (like they did with the delays) that would try to recreate known ODs through settings and presets, instead of the actual system where you have a discrete stomp for each existing OD that is being replicated. IMHO.

Those guys do a great job, but surely we can't forget that they're salesmen right? Grains of salt all around. :)

I may be naive but i think they are genuine when doing these blinfolded video. They have a lot of fun and it's the main reason they are #1 on youtube.
    Many time they have bashed their own/friend brands when doing those blinfold tests (Victory, Mjolnir comes to mind...).

Hi everyone.
    When you are creating a direct amp profile (amp recorded with a di box between amp and cabinet), it's said that the kemper records the behaviour of the amp according to the real cab impedance curve.
    Does this mean that if i use this direct amp profile on the kemper with a different cab, i won't get the true behaviour the profiled amp would have had with this cab ?
    To be clear, does this mean that a direct amp profile is only accurate when played through the same cab it was created with ?

Thank you.

Here is my use case for a metronome : i am a hobbyist, playing electric guitar exclusively at home in my bedroom through headphones. I'm using the Kemper mostly to practice guitar, and a metronome is one of the base tools for guitare practice.
    Could i use an external metronome ? Yes, like i could use an external tuner, external effects, external OD.... But if one use the Kemper as a self contained do it all guitar tool, like it is becoming for most of us, the metronome is useful. Is it a must, a deal braker for the decision to buy a Kemper ? Certainly not, but that would be good to have.

How could it be done ?
    I see two ways to implement such feature
    - Minimalistic way would be to just add a "play tic" on the next line of the code that is lightning the tap tempo led ;) with just an option in the rig menu on page 2 (tempo page), right to "tempo enable" like "click enable". Done (i know it's a bit harder than that).
    - Hard way : a true full featured metronome that could be implemented like a stomp loadable in the stomp or effects slots. Hence you are not modifying the interface for those people that are not interested by the metronome, and you can do a separate menu with a few pages of settings.

Thank you for reading.

Hi everyone.
    Rig manager allow you to organize your rigs with folders (directories). This is the natural way of doing things on a computer.
    But what i find disturbing is that the folders RM is showing you don't reflect at all the actual folders on the computer hard drive. I don't really see the benefit of this.
    Here are the steps i do when i just downloaded (bought) some new profiles :
    1°) Go to my profiles folders. Find the vendor folder. Create a new folder with amp or pack name.
    2°) Unzip the profiles in this folder
    3°) Open RM. Find the vendor "virtual" folder. Create again a new folder with amp or pack name.
    4°) Go to actual folder on the hard drive, and drag & drop profiles to the virtual folder inside RM

For me there is really no point in having a virtual folder inside RM. I would like to have an option for RM to just replicate the files tree of some base folder i would point it to, and automatically import new folders. I understand some users probably need to have the profiles in multiple places on the computer, having RM consolidate those in one place inside his database.

What do you think ?

I clearly understand why they would keep their future developments secrets, related to competitive strategy.
    However i don't see the problem with a company saying it will not develop something in the short term for technical reasons or lack of interest.
    That's their call, and they do whatever they choose, but sometimes too much secret can be detrimental to a company, like we have seen with the NAMM2018, IMHO.

Speaking about Line6, they are very active on the TGP forum, communicating interesting information about their line of products (and upcoming, announced one), and as a consumer i find this very reassuring.