Posts by dfdfan

It looks like a side profile of a cartoon dog. At least the dog snout looks flat enough to hold a beer on it though. Eh. Pretty sure their target audience for this is going to be assholes.

again, you must play this against a metronome or a drumloop or the off-set 16th notes will shift your tempo to sound like an 8th or 16th note.

This is where wet/dry setups come in real handy. So you can punch the wet out of your monitor and just hear your own dry signal

They did by not doing it. You can decide to do (or buy) something else.

+1 There needs to be a leveled distinction between product tiers. If you only need seating for 4 people you can do with a small sedan but if you need room for 8 you need to get the suv. It doesn't make sense to purchase something designed for a specific role and then expect it to do all that the next tier provides. And being that this purpose is pedal board use, a looper doesn't make sense as it nullifies any pedals post player. That said, based on past experiences, I would not be suprised if CK and team find a way to stuff it in there at some point. Already the toaster does way more than I ever expected.

Being that the player is meant to be in a pedal board chain, you're best option will always be a separate headphone amp on the board to allow pedals (like a looper) after the player. Check out the nuenaber iconoclast.

I feel like it makes sense to have hi/lo shelving on the output section for live monitor use since its not being mic'd, but when running into a deck it makes more sense to me to use the board/daw for that instead so for me the current way is backwards. I should add that i pretty much never use the 4 band eq on either output though, I would just prefer that the h/l shelving be on the monitor/stage output only.

no power switch = one less point of failure.

I dont own the player so can anyone tell me, does it have to be properly shut-down, like the rack?

Nope. It is designed to be pedal board specific. I have my entire board plugged to a wall-switched outlet when at home and I just flip the wall-switch for on-off. No issues. Works the same as everything else on the board.

If you only play LP guitars and don't want to split or add an EQ before the fuzz then that's your tonal limit. Great sounds, but unlikely to get you authentic Strat sounds.

Additionally, hums in a strat will never sound like a paul. Always close but not really there. Reminder to all kemper users though - you're saving alot of money by not needing to buy a roomful of amps anymore, so you can spend that money on more guitars. At least until the variax is as close to the real thing as kemper has gotten us.

This is really cool gizmo that I have installed on most of my H-H guitars. You can experiment with switching caps on the fly. I really dig the .0047, gives a soft cocked wah sound and keeps everything from getting too dark.

Selectable Tone Cap
    The ever illusive tone knob, some people love it others never touch it. Well, we aim to fix that! This simple tone cap replacement gives you 5 capacitor values…
    mythospedals.com

Feeling the same. I really hope they will add it soon. Another question: in the other Profilers is it possible to control it directly by means of an expression pedal, or do we need midi?

You can use an expression pedal for the pedal pitch without additional midi. I use the mission springy one and it operates exactly the same as the digitech whammy.

When I bought my profiler, all we had was legacy reverb fixed into the last position. It was either on or off. That was your choice. I still purchased it knowing these restrictions compared to other tech at the time because the sound of the profiles were so inspiring that it didn't sour the experience at all. Since then we have had the reverb unleashed from its end slot prison and set free right across all eight slots and complimented with some of the finest examples of reverb I have ever heard. Of course this came AFTER the fantastic delays that added crazy experimental effects that could only come from the Doc Brown of the music tech world with this green coloured DeLorean with constant upgrades that take us beyond back to the future. And he's still not finished. Genius seldom is...

I do miss having the 2 delay slot lights alternate to the tempo like it did when that slot was locked as well. Wish that still happened. I never really use fx live but damn if they aren't fun to mess around with at home.