Posts by lespauled

This request, including presets and effects management, has often been made.Some of us (including myself) would like this instead of an editor if the creation of an editor is not planned or too complex at the moment.

Sorry if offtop, but why we cant even add cabs through rig manager?

This request, including presets and effects management, has often been made.Some of us (including myself) would like this instead of an editor if the creation of an editor is not planned or too complex at the moment.

I would love the option in RM to test IR cabinets before loading them onto the Kemper. Right now, I create a recording of the DI profile, use an IR loader, and scroll through my IRs until something hits me as a good fit. Then I convert it to kipr file, load my Kemper thumb drive, and put that file on the drive. Eject the drive, plug it into the Kemper, and load it into the IR list. Then I have to select it from the existing IRs on the Kemper, only to realize that it sounds different from the IR loader used. So, the process goes on and on, until a combination of DI and IR sounds great on the Kemper.

I would take that over a full editor any day.

Welcome back

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

... and as the one castigated for paraphrasing you some months later, MM, I'll keep mine shut too, other than to paraphrase both you and me again from this thread by saying, "be patient...". :D

As others have said many times in the various threads, LP'd, those with studio-style setups, especially where the KPA is racked-up, could really use an editor for ergonomic / work-flow reasons. The anticipated preset and Cab-handling features would be icing on the cake, and help speed things up even more.

Please don't get me wrong. I am talking about my own experience. Of course, it could benefit others that need to be away from the unit, like studios, etc. From my (non studio) perspective, the Kemper replaces an amp head, and I use it as such. All the controls are right there for me, in a very intuitive manner, just like an amp head.

My point was that the Kemper settings can be easily changed in the existing interface. But of course, there are exceptions, like the studio setup.

Two points:

I've stated this in the past. The Kemper is intuitively laid out, so that anyone who has ever used an amp head will be up to speed on basic controls out of the box. None of the basic controls need a computer interface. The only possible gripe I can see is the in using the effects. But in reality, even those are laid out intuitively. If you've used real pedals, you have the same controls that are on the pedal it models. In some cases, you have more options than the pedal it models.

I personally do not find a need for software. Everything I need is on the unit itself. To me, it is, at best, a "nice to have" feature. The argument that other modelers have software, then Kemper should simply doesn't work. In fact, they are probably doing you a favor.

I have had several modelers in the past, and have used their software, before I bought a Kemper.. Those units pretty much needed the software to enable the users to tweak patches, etc. The problem with software is that you never really dive in deep on the unit itself. You become beholden to the software to complete simple tasks.

Second point: What do you think an online petition will do? There are numerous threads here, on their own forum, asking for the same thing. Strong arm the company to create software?

Just my 2 cents.

My setup is pretty straightforward.

Kemper => Focusrite <=> Computer
    |
    Monitors

In Mixcontrol, make sure you're getting a signal from your DAW (usually the 2nd to the right fader). In the routing preset, set Mix 1 (L) in Monitor Output 1 and Mix 1 (R) in Monitor output 2.

That's all there is to it.
    I attached a couple of mixcontrol profiles that I use to switch between everything coming through and guitar only.

Hope this helps
    Scarlett MixControl Profiles.zip

Welcome. I've had mine for a few months. You are entering a world of wonder and joy. If you came from a modeler, or real amp heads, and have experience with tweaking those units, you will find the Kemper to be incredibly intuitive. Any problems that I have had, have been overcome, thanks to the wonderfully helpful people on this forum.

At first I was a little tentative about spending the money on the unit. I came from many modelers in the past. Now, all I keep asking myself is why didn't I buy one sooner?

Enjoy.

Shot in the dark. Could it be a level issue? Is the output light changing colors when you play? Are you checking your level in the device you're recording into?

A guitar made from parts that I had laying around. I painted a Kramer Pacer body. Attached a Charvel USA neck with a Charvel MIM neck plate, passive EMGs. I thought I had a mini pickup selector, but I guess I have to buy one to complete the build....then finish the wiring.