Can we please get some kind of Kemper Editor Software for your computer

• You're joking that there is a consensus and that the Axe-FX doesn't fit into a mix well. The suggestion can't be taken seriously, especially when you base your argument off of one clip from YouTube squished audio.

I talk here and there with Cooper Carter, who is the guy Fractal calls upon when big acts switch to the Axe-FX and he helps them set up their tones. Some of the names would stagger you. We are talking arena playing acts and I've seen footage of their using the Axe. It's beyond a joke to suggest it doesn't fit in a mix. Scores of bands use the device with no issue whatsoever.

There is no cut and dry consensus unless that consensus is arrived to by participating in an echo chamber.

Anyway, back on topic: an editor is a great idea.

• I think there's definitely a consensus that Kemper fits much better in a mix

Generally speaking, I think the KPA sits in a mix as good or better than anything else out there. The Axe can definitely sit in a mix great, though per usual it really comes down to the person who's doing the mixing. The Axe has so much depth that it's easy to make it sound less than stellar if you start tweaking advanced parameters and don't know what you're doing.

In the studio, if someone has a lot professional studio experience, i'm sure they'll make the AXE sound good, but what I've seen from Metallica who use the AXE FX, the sound is unbelievably terrible.

The recording you posted is terrible, but that has a lot to do with the quality of the recording itself. Check out this video from their 2017 tour.

• In the studio, if someone has a lot professional studio experience, i'm sure they'll make the AXE sound good, but what I've seen from Metallica who use the AXE FX, the sound is unbelievably terrible.

The AXE editor is not enough IMHO to justify using it considering the results from Metallica in this video and many other videos that shows how thin and lifeless the AXE II really is in a mix and how much skills someone would have to have to get decent tones out of it. This is a Grammy performance in 2014 and I can't imagine the sound can get any worse even when the players are delivering an amazing performance the sound is simply terrible when you can discern it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7b74XtSBsM

Like I said, it’s easy to find a video where a band sounds bad, with kemper or axe. This doesn’t show the axe sounds thin or bad. A lot of it has to do with the recording/mix in the particular video. Pretty easy to find the same kind of bad tone in video of band A or B using kemper. But even if the unit In the video were to blame, which we can claim for both kpa and axe, that could be due to a bad profile/setting up of axe tone. Neither unit needs some studio trickery to sound great either in my experience. Yes, if someone just takes an axe model and dials it in the wrong way for the wrong context, it can sound bad, much like a real amplifier would, set up similarly. But that’s not really to blame the axe’s capabilities. It can be used to varying levels of complexity, including just loading some tone match of real amp.

The editor there has been a must because of such deep editing. Kemper of course doesn’t have deep editing to this level, hence less need of an editor. But still there’s need. Not that you disagree with that.

• I know that in the recent Slate release of FG-Stress, the company was very vocal, keeping the Slate users updated with the development process.

I would love to hear an update, I would love to hear how the Editor is going.

• yeah... The Top Secret cryptic crap is my biggest gripe with this... Even line 6 gives a few clues. Yes, I own Helix, too...

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love:

• I know that in the recent Slate release of FG-Stress, the company was very vocal, keeping the Slate users updated with the development process.

I would love to hear an update, I would love to hear how the Editor is going.

To be fair, Tommy, Steven said earlier this year (on GearSlutz) that he'd finally learned his lesson WRT leaking information about forthcoming products.

He'd been criticised so much over the years for not being able to deliver within the timeframes he projected that it became a running joke a long time ago at GearSlutz. My guess is he couldn't live with the ongoing embarrassment of it all, and more power to him, I say, for having the "courage" (doesn't seem to be easy to hold back, given his enthusiastic and sales-suited nature) to backpedal on his M.O.

That said, he sat at the other extreme, that of constantly updating promises of release times. The point I made earlier was that if you don't promise, you can deliver unhindered by timeframe pressures, and I'm certain Kemper would've taken this into account when developing its policy.

• I think there's definitely a consensus that Kemper fits much better in a mix, the AXE II in a band setup isn't what I personally consider even usable, in live situations, when using the AXE II, the sound completely gets washed out and doesn't have enough body to coexist with bass or drums, even when the biggest names in the business attempt.

I don't believe that believe has anything to do with knowing, even if you declare it as a fact.

In any case, I think it's counterproductive to make useless comparisons to another product in a discussion about Kemper's behavior to a request.

Very close to a definitive consensus I hold the desire for an editor. ;)

• First things first: why not have a RigExchange for Effect Presets? There are so many great Wahs for example (see particular thread) - it is a pity that we have to use an USB stick for that ... and then: let me save my effects / stomps as a preset in RigManager.

I like this thread. Every day I can get some philosophic input. 8o

• Sorry if offtop, but why we cant even add cabs through rig manager?

This request, including presets and effects management, has often been made.
    Some of us (including myself) would like this instead of an editor if the creation of an editor is not planned or too complex at the moment.

• This request, including presets and effects management, has often been made.Some of us (including myself) would like this instead of an editor if the creation of an editor is not planned or too complex at the moment.

Sorry if offtop, but why we cant even add cabs through rig manager?

This request, including presets and effects management, has often been made.Some of us (including myself) would like this instead of an editor if the creation of an editor is not planned or too complex at the moment.

I would love the option in RM to test IR cabinets before loading them onto the Kemper. Right now, I create a recording of the DI profile, use an IR loader, and scroll through my IRs until something hits me as a good fit. Then I convert it to kipr file, load my Kemper thumb drive, and put that file on the drive. Eject the drive, plug it into the Kemper, and load it into the IR list. Then I have to select it from the existing IRs on the Kemper, only to realize that it sounds different from the IR loader used. So, the process goes on and on, until a combination of DI and IR sounds great on the Kemper.

I would take that over a full editor any day.

• Sorry if offtop, but why we cant even add cabs through rig manager?

I would love the option in RM to test IR cabinets before loading them onto the Kemper. Right now, I create a recording of the DI profile, use an IR loader, and scroll through my IRs until something hits me as a good fit. Then I convert it to kipr file, load my Kemper thumb drive, and put that file on the drive. Eject the drive, plug it into the Kemper, and load it into the IR list. Then I have to select it from the existing IRs on the Kemper, only to realize that it sounds different from the IR loader used. So, the process goes on and on, until a combination of DI and IR sounds great on the Kemper.

I would take that over a full editor any day.

Same stuff man haha. I use IR a lot. But after doing some tests I stopped converting to kpa format. So ok, using with ir loader in daw at least does make life easier to some level, for switching cabs. I also used an external hardware IR loader after kemper, for that matter.

• Same stuff man haha. I use IR a lot. But after doing some tests I stopped converting to kpa format. So ok, using with ir loader in saw at least does make life easier to some level, for switching cabs.

You can use IR live ?

I confess with IR technique I never got in touch.

• Largely because 1) i like Direct profiles and make Many of them 2) I have IRs that sound great 3) I love the ability to be able to mix and match and 4) converting ir to kemper format I often loose "something" from the ir.

That said I have experimented with having an IR sound like I want it to after the conversion to kemper. haven't gone fsr enough yet on that end because, due to lack of editor or Some editor-like app, The workflow is just not quick, convenient enough.

• As I stated earlier, for those of us who use the Kemper for performance purposes, a deep parameter editor isn't that critical (but would be nice).

It would probably be better if you spoke to your own preferences and not imply that you speak for others.

I use the Kemper almost strictly for live performance purposes. A deep parameter editor that allows me to effectively manage presets is, in fact, critical for what I would like to do in setting up my Kemper for live performance.