Posts by cantemir

Man...for many months I thought I had my Kemper/Profiles/Rigs sorted.
    I bought the Blackjack Pack yesterday and it's back down the rabbit hole...

(Thanks Mike!)

When I took several weeks ago the Grammatico and the Morgan packs and so completed my MBritt Kemper collection I said: Ok, it's enough, these are the last ones, I'll never have the time to test all of Michael profiles. And yesterday listening to the Blackjack I forgot what I've said and took also this one.

And of course it sounds great. No more promises. Wait for the next ones

You can call it GAS, better would be MBAS ( M.Britt Acquisition Syndrome) :)

Hi,

I connected a Shure SM 58 microphone to the Return input of my Kemper trying to mix the voice with the guitar. I used the Return because it has an XLR input matching my mic cable.

Anyhow I could not hear anythingexcept the guitar. Probably the level of the Mic is too low and I need a pre amp?

I have not tried the AUX input yet. With an MP3 player connected to the Return and AUX everything wss fine. Of course the level of the MP3 player is higher than my microphone.

Do you have any experience with this kind of setup? Will it work?

Thank you in advance.

If this happens even with a current operating system revision, please open a support ticket.

This happenes when you press simultaneously two switches next and previous. You need to point better and wear slim shoes.

My last funny problem happened during a gig. I have programmed the last button on the right for an effect switch, and instead I pressed the button above ( the tuner).

Suddenly there was no sound anymore, we were playing Are you gonna go my way and I was for 30 seconds trying all sorts of things till I realised the real cause. Unforgettable...

For Merged profiles you just have to hope whoever made the profile labels them somehow. For instance, a lot of of the one's I have seen have an M somewhere in the name (usually at the end), like "69 Plexi Bright M". Direct files usually have a D or DI in the same fashion, but also you can typically sort direct files by cab as it will say NA, none, or simply be blank.

Thank you for replying. I thought that since the Profiler handles these profiles according to their type (at least this is what I understood), there is a possibility to tag them automatically with a S, D or M code and display this on the profiler.

The naming conventions are not consistent, folder storage separation is only on the librarian possible but not on the profiler.

As you mentioned, for the direct profiles there is no cabinet available, but I think this is not enough to filter out the direct profiles.

Storing a studio profile with the disabled cabinet under a different profile name would not make the last one a direct profile.

So IMHO except naming conventions or storage on different folders on your local library I don't see a way to sort them out.

It would be nice to have the availability to show only Direct, Merged or Studio profiles in the profiler( with the Type knob in the profiler) but this is tricky because you might want to filter on more categories. A multi level filtering with the type knob ( Favorite -> direct->bass ...) would be quite challenging.

But an additional tag in the librarian and a display code on the profiler would be nice to have.

Hi, maybe I should look better in the forum but I haven't found an answer till now. Is there a way to identify in Rig Manager or in the profiler which rigs are Studio, Direct or Merged except the Rig Name which is not a very consistent method?

Thank you!

I tested the new ( at least new to me ) IPAd rig editor and everything worked well. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Anyhow I have two suggestions for improving the graphical interface:

• In Performance mode add a dropdown list of all performances on the profiler to choose from. At the moment you can only go to next or previous interface like with the remote.
    • Same for the Rigs when in Rig Browser mode.

Best Regards,

Cantemir

With this solution you don't need to use your 'big' home router, and can go to a gig and have remote and IPad control for the kemper by only carrying with you the switch and the nano router, along with the kemper gear, the guitars rack and who knows what else:-). That looks good. Thank you!

Dave,

can you please tell me, if you want, how many rigs and performances do you keep on your kemper ?

I have 640 rigs and 66 not empty performances and it takes 40 minutes to sync.

Maybe it's time to clean up my profiler and reduce the number of rigs. :)

Arne Last tests:

he 3.1.60 installation has finished and the Rig Manager is reactive as it has finished syncing the rigs presets and performances. On my Kemper I still have the message "Syncing Performance 55 of 125" and it was stucked there. No Sysncing message in Windows anyhow.

After a while I switched the kemper off and restarted it. It was not recognized by the Rig Manager.

I closed and restarted Rig Manager and got the same error mesage as before, "Rig Manager will quit now due to software conditikon that can not be recovered."

I then restarted my PC and Rig Manager started again with no problem and has recognized the Kemper and finished the Performances sync.

After that:

1.Close-restart Rig Manager with a running Kemper - Kemper not recognized.

2.Leave Rig Manager running and stop - Restart the Kemper - Rig manager does not see it.

3. On the third try, Close-restart Rig Manager - a messages pops up saying that "Rig Manager needs to be updated".

4. Next Try ( close - restart Rig Manager comes with the error above:"Rig Manager will quit due to ...'

5. Next time Rig Manager starts but still does not see my Kemper. The wheel that usually pops up when it is syncing with the Kemper comes but for a very short period of time.

So on my PC I still have problems.

I have installed the 3.1.59 with the profiler running. The installation worked, it recognized the profiler than performed updates of the rigs, presets and performances for 40 minutes!

Restarting the Rig Manager brings out a fatal error and the Rig Manager does not start anymore. Tried it twice same error, see attachment.

Uninstalled the 3.1.59 using the Kemper driver removal tool and control panel to uninstall Rig Manager, then reinstalled 3.0.45.

Even this one hasn't recognized the profiler, the trick here was to go to the driver manager under other devices, and with a right click on the Profiler device choose update driver. Afterwards everything worked as usual with the 3.0.45.

The Debuglog has 2 MB, I have compressed it witz 7zip and renamed the file txt to allow uploading it.

Hope this helps the developers to identify the problem.

I think I will try again and apply the trick with the device manager even with the 3.1.59 version and hope that it solves the problem. I'll have to spend another hour for this.

PC running Window 10 with the latest updates. No USB hubs, connected directly to an USB port on the Motherboard.

I Installed today the beta 3.1.58. It took 20 min. to sync all the rigs and performances and the Profiler was recognised.

Then I restarted the Rig Manager and the profiler was not recognised anymore. Surprise I thought.

I powered Off-On the Profiler and the Rig Mannager recognised it. Wow , looks good.

So it seemed the Rig Manager would not see an aready running profiler. To confirm this I switched off-on the profiler and now it was not recognised anymore.

I need to mention that before installing the beta I removed all Kemper Windows drivers using the tool available on the Kemper site.

Conclusion: The Rig Manager on my Desktop PC randomly will recognize the Kemper or not. So not usable for me.

With the official Rig Manager 3.0.145 everything works fine.

I read some of the articles in the forum because I had simillar problems with the 3.1.55, 3.1.56 and 3.1.57.

Hopefully the problems will be solved.

Anyhow any working solution would be appreciated.

Hi,

I have a problem with the output signals sent by my Kemper.

I am running the last Beta Version 7.5.3.1856B on a Powerhead toaster Kemper.

The two main outputs from the rear of the Kemper go into two xlr inputs of my audio interface.

Today I noticed that only the right channel sends output to my audio interface. The left channel send no signal.

I checked the Output Settings and they seem correct Main Output is set to Master Stereo.

The "good news" is that when I change the Main Output mode to Mod Stereo I got the signal from both channels. So it seems the channels are both working, the signal routing seem to be wrong.

The XLR cables are Ok, I switched them and both are OK.

My Audio interface also receives both signals because I see them when in Mod Stereo Mode.

I checked the Delay and Reverb, they don't seem to have a Stereo panning set to full right anywhere.

Can this be a bug in the Beta Version, or I am missing something?

Any hint will be appreciated.

Regards,

Cantemir

This.

The main benefit of the Kabinet/Kone will be its ability to provide AITR for different speakers, even on a per rig basis.

And in the end (when this gap of FRFR vs AITR will be finally closed) this will lead to a much wider acceptance of the Profiler compared to today.

What is AITR - an abbreviation for "As In The Room" ? I know what's the FRFR :)