Posts by dmatthews

Always start with a rig that sounds good or close right off the bat. Adding a little more gain or EQ to that will be better than trying to modify a clean rig by adding a pile of gain.

Yes, you'll find many rigs with certain/various effects already applied. Change them at will.

Also, what are you listening with? Headphones? Studio monitors? Guitar cab? FRFR?

I still don't understand why people need 1 performance per song but....

I think you're suggestion makes sense although you'd still need to switch up and down. You would hope it's relatively straight forward as its essentially a performance organiser - a layer above performances to order them...which I think makes sense ;)

Can't necessarily say I "need" it, that's for sure. But in my cover band I've been using certain rigs to sound just a little closer to what I "think" works a bit better.

Hell... I used to run a PRS Custom 50 combo with no pedals. Just the two channels, reverb, and boost. Lol!

Toys...^^

So far I've had:

Small old Fender PA

Yamaha DXR10

XiTone MBritt 1x12 powered

Bose L1 MII

Kemper Kabinet and a Kabinet Klone I had made locally

They are all good. The DXR10 is amazing for power and coverage. The XiTone is a step up for amp in the room. The Bose is awesome for coverage and the ability to simultaneously do vocals.

The Kabinet is awesome. Got the amp in the room back and it projects very well. The kicker is you get to try different speaker imprints per rig or globally. It is the most versatile and my current favourite.

In a normal year, we do around 70 shows. Almost all of our summer shows were rescheduled to the summer of 2021. We played our first gig in five months on Thursday. It was an outdoors parking lot concert, with cars parked “every other space”, in alternating rows. The parking lot Lines mapped out social distancing, and people were allowed to be outside of their car, as long as they stayed within arms length. It was not the same as what we are used to, but, having a couple hundred cars was nice :) And, as a bonus, the Kabinet sounded great on stage.

We have another outdoor gig next weekend, if current regulations remain the same. Our September gigs Have been postponed, who knows what October will be like.

We did a parking lot gig on Friday night. Smaller than yours, but fun nonetheless.

Everybody thanked us for playing after. I had no idea how hungry people are for live music.

We had a table set up for people to sign up for tracking, and had marked out places in the lot for groups that came together to occupy.

One couple drove almost 4 hours to be there!8|

If you play large enough stages to have your Kabinet 20' to 40' away as an option, you could do that, and turn it down. But, if you are aiming it at the audience, you aren't in the PA at all.

If you are using it in Full Range Mode, try tilting it toward your head. You'll be ready to turn it down at that point :)

If you are using imprints, try raising the Kabinet. You may want to enable Bass Boost at that point, to offset for the lack of floor reflection.

This was the parking lot outside our regular practice studio. Pretty bleak.:D

Was using Creamback imprint globally as I haven't gone through the rigs to choose individuals yet.

Might try stacking the two Kabinets next time, or raising a single.

Our band has been practicing outside for the past month.

Last night we invited a few people for fun.

I used my Kemper, SD700, and the Kabinet Klone I had made.

Although standing 4 - 5' away from the speaker sounded like the right volume for me, 20 to 40' out I sounded too loud.

I play better when I hear myself properly, so...

1) Raise the Kabinet?

2) Move it farther behind me?

3) Tilt the Kabinet back?

4)?

So I run my powered Kemper through an EVM 12L in an open back cabinet that I built, and I'm very happy with the tone (and the BALLS) of the setup. What I'm wondering is if anyone has any experience switching speakers from a guitar cabinet to the Kone, and if I would still get the great tone that I have (with all the balls) but just with more diversity and if it would be worth the switch? What do you guys think?

Cheers!

And by the way, big shout out, and thanks to Kemper for, what is by far, my favorite musical purchase of.... way to many :)

THANKS GUYS!!

Well that's why the Kone is available separately. And there's a EVM 12L imprint. You know what my vote is... :love:

In north America you can have the fm3 and the fc6 for 1500$..actually I believe that this is a very fair price for this combination.

But again..2000€ is to much.

Actually this is all what I wanted to say.How much is the stage in the United states?

$1700 USD