Posts by kevinduren

I treat the Clean Sense with an "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" attitude: Unless you are having a problem that you KNOW is related to the Clean Sense, leave them at their original, factory setting. FWIW.

You can assign multiple stomps/effects to a single footswitch and you can assign some of them to turn one when others turn off. What you can't do, as far as I can tell, is assign a single stomp/effect to more than one footswitch.

I am away from my Kemper, so I can't try it, but I bet you can assign your freeze and your second reverb to turn on with one footswitch...just like Audiopilot suggested above.

If you use morph to do any of this, you can set how quickly the reverbs fade in or out. That sometimes makes those transitions much smoother. Depending on what you are going for, having the freeze not just suddenly end might sound more natural. Good luck and let us know what you come up with.

After a few years of collecting WAY too many profiles, I broke down last week, and rented a rehearsal room with a PA. I spent a few hours auditioning profiles through a full blown, relatively flat PA at gig volume. It really made a difference. I have heard these profiles through IEMs, headphones, and several different FRFR and guitar cabinets and they all sounded good or great. But hearing them through a PA at gig (read "LOUD") volume, and from the audience's perspective, I could really discern the difference between the profiles that I thought were good, great, outstanding, and not so good. I was pretty draconian about getting rid of profiles that weren't either great or outstanding, in my opinion. For instance, I REALLY want to like small Fender amps, like Deluxes. But after hearing the profiles I had, I nixed almost all of the profiles of Deluxes. Now, instead of having a couple of hundred rigs and 40+ performances in my Profiler, I have about 70 rigs and 20 performances that I feel very confident in. I was also pleasantly surprised that some profiles that I really didn't think were usable sounded very good through the PA.

Glad that I spent the money and time to do this. Just a suggestion FWIW. Oh, and wear a mask if you do this. Just sayin'. ;)

I have been reading in the manual about this but I cannot seem to figure it out. What is the difference between locked on the Profiler and locked on the Remote? Can you lock/unlock from the remote? I have been trying to understand, but would appreciate some clarification.

Thanks

I can't address the studio use questions but here is my 2 cents on the others:

The Kemper is a bargain as far as I can tell. I have less invested in the profiler, remote, two mission expression pedals, an FRFR cab, extra cables, profiles, and a Pelican case that holds all of it, than the cost of one of my pedalboards.

In addition to my use of my Kemper rig, I rented the whole thing out to a backline company for several month. It was used by God knows how many bands, road crews, etc. It came back with one of the TRS cables for the expression pedals bent (the metal part of the plug was actually bent!) and a slight yellowing of the store knob, which likely means folks with dirty fingers had used it. Other wise, no damage, and no failures of any kind. Oh, yeah, the case came back with a ridiculous amount of stickers on it (musicians, sheesh!) This seems to indicate that these things are quite roadworthy.

As far as holding value, a quick check on Reverb.com will answer that.

Similar. An expression pedal is a rocker pedal, like a wah wah or volume pedal, but is different. (Although, there are some units that can perform as a volume and/or expression pedal.) Check the manual and these forums for specifics and recommendations. I would recommend shopping around for the cheapest one you can find, unless you are really hard on your gear; then you might need a more substantial pedal. I've seen some in the $20-$30 range. I bought the Mission expression pedals made for the Kemper. I have also used the Roland EV 5 for years. I prefer the cheaper Roland EV 5s and they are still with me after thousands of gigs. New they are ~ $60, but you can find them used. Also, Beringer, and others, make inexpensive expression pedals.

Please double check in the manual, but I think you can do morphing with a momentary footswitch by plugging it directly into the Profiler. That will be cheaper than a Boss EQ (although Boss/Roland make good momentary switches) and the switch will not require power like the Boss EQ. Depending on price (if that is even a factor), you may find an expression pedal that is of comparable price to a footswitch and an expression pedal would allow you to have more control over the volume change as opposed to just a binary off/on.

If you simply want an increase in volume, you will want the increase to occur post-stack / after the amp. You could morph the amp volume or use the volume pedal settings in the Rig section; set the location to Post Stack. You could put a clean boost(Pure Boost) after the stack and either switch if on/off, or morph it between two values you set up.

Once you start doing this, even with one switch or expression pedal, you may find that there are many other parameters you want to morph.

Several of you beat me to it, but the first thing I heard was that it was played on a single coil neck pickup. Fantastic playing and tones. And the best looking non-Fender tele headstock I've seen, IMHO.

Bilinguitar, experiment with the compressor in the Amp section. That is probably your best way to get the sustain/feel that you are looking for.

I get a lot of mileage out of taking profiles that have more gain/are more distorted than I want, and turning the gain down. There is something that I really like about both the sound and the feel of those profiles with the gain reduced. Even with the gain all the way down, they are still fat. I've always guessed that this was a byproduct of how the profiling process works.

If you need to resort to driving the front end, try the pure boost.

Now, I'm going to go try Mats' HPD profiles and Tone Junkie's T Wreck Liverbird per digbob. :)

That's my point. Some of the rigs (those indicated with "Guitar") will NOT show up when you select "Just Bass" in the browser options...

Ah, I see. Well, like paults mentioned, you can change the instrument tag in RM, it's a drop down menu. I just tried it and the rigs that I changed to Bass, show up in the Profiler under Just Bass. You need a way to batch change that rig tag.

Edit: So I just tried this: in RM select all of the Bass profiles and change the instrument to Bass. That will change all of them at once.

Edit 2: I am fooling around with this. This is pretty powerful stuff. If you have a set of profiles that you want to keep in a category of their own, you can change their instrument to Bass and then they will show up in the Just Bass view. (that is assuming you are not using that specifically for Bass profiles) This really makes me want to ask the folks at Kemper to set up some Custom views where certain rigs could be tagged to show up in their own view. Then we could group profiles, in the Profiler, in other ways than just Favorites and Non-Favorites (and now Bass !).

This is very cool. Thank you FlyingSnowman & paults !!