Posts by Alienator

I am torn between getting the cab plus a pedal power amp or waiting for a powered cabinet from Kemper. No, not another board, I have enough that I don't want and I enjoy the ease of a stage in a backpack. So, I'm gonna wait, I think. Today I thought, what if we are just about to see the perfect match for the new cabinet: a powered stage! :P

What a nice thought.

But then I somehow remember Christoph in some interview replying "yes" to the question if there would be a powered monitor/cabinet some day. So... I'm gonna wait another week.:/

I am waiting for a powered cabinet for my live setup. I don't see why this should take years. Isn't it "just" combining something like the existing Kemper power amp from the toaster with the existing new cabinet or could there be more to it?

Or, guys, are we waiting for a powered stage without even having one clue...=O

Damn, that was it. I use the lock function quite a lot, so I was only focused on those signal flow buttons from input to output in my performances. But it was the rig button on the left that was locked. Problem was that nothing about what was locked appeared on the screen and I did not even know that the rig button on the left (not the amp and cab block in the chain) can be locked.

Thanks guys.

This happened quite regularly to both my stages out of the blue while playing. I contacted support and they said it could be due to an error in the database. They recommended to make a backup and reset all the settings to factory state. I´ve done this to both stages yesterday. I hope this freezes will not appear any more...

Click on "Local Library" and load a new rig? ^^ Or use BROWSE to navigate through your rigs on the Profiler. That works over here, just tried :)

No, the question was how you just use the painfully long awaited RM3 to do the job, not the hardware.

Here is why it was confusing: if you lock all he pre and post fx as I described and choose a new amp as you stated, RM3 will still display the old amp in the lower right corner and not that new one you chose although it seems to load correctly - as I just realized. The amp name will change on the display of the profiler itself.

Maybe this is something to be corrected in an update? RM3 is still a beta, right? The name of the newly chosen amp should be visible below the amp picture and in the lower right corner to get confusion out of the way.

Hm, typically you cannot lock single parameters, so this is not supposed to work if you are talking about only locking the EQ Position parameter

To put it in other words: I have performances with say 5 slots each and I am happy with my settings for drives and FX etc. and I want only a different amp (rig). If you right click the amp you can choose to lock everything but the amp... but what then? How do you choose a different amp for your different slots from within the RM from any of the RMs rigs/amp lists on the left? Seems it does not work...???

Trevor Rabin & Billy Gibbons use 7's

Didn't even know 7's exist. Didn't even think about changing from 10' I've been using for decades. I tried 9's on one Strat after I saw the video from Rick Beato for the first time in my life and I like how it feels.

But AXE-FX designer says: "our toy can sound like Marshall JCM800". And they try for write software for their CPU's to sound like this Marshall JCM800. Remember that, when firmware changes this new updated Marshall, which was supposed to sound like this Marshall, now sounds different ;)

Yes. As I said: take two JCM800s and they will sound slightly different. Which of them is the "correct" sound of a JCM800? Maybe it's the same with fractal: each day Mr. Fractal wakes up, he maybe picks a different JCM800 from his arsenal of 20 JCM800s to be the right one. Show me two Kemper profiles of two different JCM800s, profiled exactly the same way from the same person, that sound and feel the same.

They sound as AXE-FX designer has decided, that particular amp sounds. It changed through different firmwares.

Does not every single amp in world sound like the engineer decided for it to sound? Name one that sounds like "itself" ;).

More: find two exact same amps of the same brand that sound and feel exactly the same. Good luck.

Why would you need to use an approximate model of an amp if you could simply profile the real thing?

For a variety of reasons if you ask users of an Axe FX, for example. First because they sound almost the same like a real amp (at least near to indistinguishable), second because it is easier, they would say, to load an amp and tweak and eq the amp itself to liking like a real amp instead of searching for single and rigid profiles. Then the much superior drives, gain stacking and FX? The superior UI? Not my words, I prefer my Kempers but these are only a few reasons among a ton more, I guess. Then there is another reason: "good tone" does not have to mean for everybody "exactly like a tube amp". Good tone is good tone. If it sounds good, it IS good. Good can also be solid state (JC100) or flute-like or whatever. Taste is also a big point. I know a lot of modern guitarists who don't always compare their "amp sound" to a real amp like I do, for example. And that's totally legitimate. Who says that you MUST sound like you play through a tube amp? Well, ok, I do, in my understanding and in my own taste but that's not a rule but coincidence. That's because tubes were around first and not dsps. If guitar rock history would have been written with digital means nobody would ever like tube sound but you would seek to recreate that digital sound, I bet.

If it could profile as good as or better than the Kemper, they wouldn't need to fill it full of models of amps.

There are millions of players who prefer modellers over a Kemper. If they could have both features, I bet they would take them both in the same unit. Having more and more options has become a big marketing instrument - no matter how stupid as an argument this is and if a lifetime is enough to explore them all or if there is a need of them all in one unit at the first place.

I preordered because I am curious on the multi rig option. Saying this, I haven't heard any good representation of the tones with any of the released vids out there. So I am hoping it sounds better when they release it.

Everything boils down to whether it can profile or not. I don't think the world needs more high priced modellers and certainly not crappy ones (like the new Pod Go, what a waste of... everything!) but high end units with the best of both worlds. If the QC can profile the way a Kemper can - and only then - there are chances that Kemper will lose many (all?) new customers. I hope next year Christoph will talk about his vision about the features of a Kemper 2. That's it, only this. At least this would be enough for me to wait for one or two more years after this before I even think of ever buying a QC, even if it CAN profile like a Kemper. I expect Christoph will say something about this next winter Namm, the latest. If not.. I don't know. "Silence is a love killer" will be the title of my new song about Kemper after that, I think.

I didn't know Caps Lock was a problem in the context of a thread title. My apologies

No offense meant or anything^^

It can cause health issues that´s why the moderators take such care of this. I felt some dizziness and pain in my chest. It immediately went away when the letters changed to small. Just went well again.

Anyway, yes, more drives are important after so many years and the rise of new modellers and profilers generations of other brands (I bet we will see profiling / capturing become a standard in all the brands even BEFORE a Kemper2). I can´t think of another wish than "more drives" beeing repeated that often since I changed to Kemper three years ago. Kemper always need a little bit more time to release new stuff but when they do it is ground shaking good imo. I can live with what I have until then. And I must say, so far I have been always making good experiences with that really quite usable green scream in the Kemper...

And please stay away from that Caps lock! I immediately felt some dizziness again while I typed the word "before", I don´t know why.