Posts by WalkerBass

OK, I had a go yesterday and after a couple of tries, I managed to get a DI profile using the '64 circuit path that to my ears, was resonably similar to Andy's (Amp Factory) B-15 Heritage profile (I did use his cab profile).

It was surprisingly easy to get a decent profile. I'm going to experiment more to try and improve it. Andy's is the benchmark :)

Funnily enough, I d/loaded your Valvedrive profiles and played them last week and they sound great! Thank you.

I'll try some experimenting with other pre's. I have a VT Bass DI that I can use with the QSC.

I also have some PJB headphones, so I'll run the offending profiles through those too.

Hi all,

Hope you can give me a bit of guidance as I'm really struggling to get usable bass tones from my setup.
    I've read through the manuals (twice!), but I'm sure another bass player must have been through a similar thing.

My Kemper goes into a QSC K12.2 FRFR powered speaker via the monitor output. The QSC has many factory preset EQ's and I've tried all the settings as well as it's flat 'natural' setting. I keep it in my practice room / study. I play passive Fenders, with flats and rounds. I've owned lots of amps and pre's and I've played them in this room for a number of years.

On 'most' of the stock bass profiles I try, there is so much undefined, muddy, boomy low end, it's literally rattling my windows and furniture. If I turn volume down, it's stull undefined and overly bassy, just quiter.

I have an Ampeg Heritage B-15 in the same room and nomatter what I do, I can't reproduce this behaviour unless I have a ridiculous EQ setting and and the volume cranked up.

I've only every experienced this once before and put it down to the room and had to radically EQ my way out of trouble to get through the gig.

Are the bass profiles generally playable 'out of the box' or do you have to heavily EQ them to make them usable? Perhaps I've got something fundamental wrong.

The guitar profiles I use sound awesome!

Thank you,

Walker