Posts by Wheresthedug

I think you might be missing the the fact that the Output Settings take up more space than the default window size can display. Therefore, you can either drag the top of the editor pane upwards to resize it or scroll down to see the other parameters.

You can profile pedals. However, the profile would be run in the Amp Block of the Stack section not in an Stomp or FX slot. Therefore, you could only run either a pedal or and amp at the any given point. You couldn’t run a Pedal Profile and Amp profile simultaneously as the KPA hardware can’t do dual profiles.

The other option is to profile a signal chain with the Drive Pedal in front of the Amp and capture the full chain as a single profile.

Another factor that might contribute is string gauge. I no CK has said that he has a Strat (I think) with light strings (which I assumed meant 9’s or even 8’s) so his settings would be quote different from mine which are either 10’s or 11’s. Hitting 11’s hard with a Jazz iii will give a very different output than tickling a set of 8’s with a pick shaped Rizzla paper ?

I think I'm unfortunately too old for that major label to send someone over,

nonsense ! As someone once said “you’re never too old to rock’n’roll ???

As for your question about the beam effect, the FoH and on stage are two separate issues.

The whole idea of imprints was designed to allow the best of both worlds rather than trying to make the onstage sound match the FOH sound or the FOH sound as dull as off axis on stage from a traditional cabinet.

If you are using imprints it is presumably because you want to capture that traditional amp on stage sound that you love (which is typically off axis / outside the beam) therefore you would want to do the same thing with the Kabinet. Will that sound closest to the FOH sound? No - but you will enjoy it and have fun which will probably make you play better.

If you want to sound most like the FOH then use Full Range mode and accept it won’t sound and feel like you are used to with a traditional amp and cabinet but it will be close to what the audience are hearing.

To a certain extent, the live in the room sound and feel of imprints and the studio miced clarity of FOH are mutually exclusive so trying to get imprints to work this way is going to be a battle you never win.

I know this isn’t really helpful but I can count on one hand the number of time where I have had any sort of problem updating. Everything seems to locate and sync properly first time (or occasionally second time). Are you on Windows or Mac? I’m a Mac user with Powered Toaster so maybe the issues are related to OS or Kemper model?

Been there - a few days of suiting up, spraying and swearing and then a month or two of curing, then hours and hours of finish sanding. more swearing and buffing. Solder electronics and put it back together without scratching it (more swearing). Then stand motionless and stare at it for a couple weeks to admire your work. Priceless!

sounds like my experience too but I did a lot more swearing ?

so, what is "correctly set"? Ok, you are relativizing "for me".
    Anyway: the manual states the Clean Sense is a controlling the loudness between clean sounds and distorted sounds. That's not: pick ups.

I am saying set correctly for each user. What is correct for me may not be correct for you and vice versa.

I am simply saying that once a user has found a a setting that balances clean and dirty for them they will probably not need to tweak it much (if at all) between guitars.

I believe (and this is purely my personal experience not a fact) that a player’s choice of pick (hard V soft) and the way they play (light picking or heavy attack) make more difference than pickups and therefore changing guitars doesn’t make a big enough difference to get hung up on.

I use Jazz iii picks and hit the strings pretty hard. All my guitars from low output Strats to heavy humbucker setting on my PRS 513, Seymour Duncan P-Rails, Hot Humbucker Set, JB etc work fine with a clean sense setting around -5. CK said that my guitars must have super hot pickups to need this setting but they verifiably do not so the the output difference must be related to playing style which doesn’t change that much from guitar to guitar for the same person. Hence the reason I think many people are over thinking the need to set clean sense differently for each guitar.

Unlatch mode sounds similar to Momentary Mode on the Remote.

Latched / Momentary

Every Effect Button on the PROFILER Remote supports an automatic latched / momentary detection: A quick press of the button will latch the assigned function - in other words, the assigned effect modules will change their on/off state permanently, until you press the button again.

However, if you hold the Effect Button for a second or more, it will automatically change to momentary operation. Momentary operation means that as soon as you release this Effect Button, it will immediately revert to the initial state. This behavior applies to on/off switching as well as to “Action & Freeze” functions.

from page 58 of the manual:

LOOPER (25)

The Looper is a device for recording up to 60 seconds of stereo audio. It allows for an unlimited number of overdubs. That means you can layer unlimited recordings on top of each other. The functionality of the Looper is identical to the PROFILER Remote.

✓The functionality of all the foot buttons of the Stage is identical to those of the PROFILER Remote. A detailed description can be found in chapter PROFILER Remote.

Hey All,

I have seen posts on here about people having issues with their volumes being drastically different when switching guitars. I was concerned that I would have that issue. I have a Kemper Stage. I play a wide variety of guitars but one that I play a lot is a Suhr custom build that has a humbucker in the bridge and two single coils in it. I have an EP booster on my pedal board that I use when I go to the in between settings (2 and 4) as well as when I go to a single coil. I have been very pleasantly surprised that when running the Kemper I do not have this issue. I can switch between my different pickup selections and the only volume drop I notice is the in between settings and they are not much of a drop at all. This is a huge bonus for me for a live rig. I don't know what I am doing different than others that have posted about this on here but I am very happy with the way this is working.

me too. I use a range of guitars with single coils and hum buckers but never need to change anything to compensate. Once Clean Sense it correctly set the KPA is just plug’n’play for me too.

I also adjust the effects they put on them to my liking. To me the TJ profiles just have way too many effects on them for my taste and use. They are easy to dial back though. I have been able to find pretty much every tone I have been looking for in the DS pack and other free profiles I have found.

Ain’t that the truth ?

I usually lock all FX to something useable before auditioning any of Jonathan’s profiles otherwise I can’t here the amp for all the Delay and Reverb that he drowns them in. Fortunately, it is pretty easy to kill all that mush and the the basic profiles are always really good so it isn’t too much of a b%%l ache ?

as Ruefus said, the 600w is really intended for bass players. I spent over 10 years on bass (the dark side ?) before returning to the light. My bass amp was a 500w Ashdown with an Ampeg 808 cabinet. That beast was LOUD but even that could still struggle to keep up with a 100w and 412 guitar amp. Bass frequencies just need so muh more power.