Posts by Wheresthedug

the standard visual for an opening window is to have the arrow point in the direction which things will move when you press it. I.e. if you want to open the window press the down arrow. If you want to close it press the up arrow. The way it is just now clearly suggests that if you press the arrow it will close something that isn’t even open. I can’t see any other way to read that I’m afraid. I was definitely co fused when I opened RM 3.0 for the first time and there was no editor visible.

I’m not a real country guru but, in my opinion the idea that the compressor creates the snap in chicken pickin’ is a little misleading. I would try setting the Compressor to have a lot of intensity but a slightly slower attack. This lets the pick transient (snap) come through before the compressor kicks in. The compressor then fills the note out adding sustain and levelling the overall volume

It is my understanding from others that have posted, that the speaker emulations in the KPA sound awful through PA full range speakers. You really need the Kone or the Kabinet for this to sound good.

i tried the imprints through my A7x monitors to get an idea of how they would sound through a PA. In my opinion they sounded OK but definitely very different from the Kabinet with the Kone speaker.

I believe that when editing on RM you are working in a temporary edit buffer in the KPA but the actual changes are being saved in RM Local Library unless you save to the MyProfiler folder in RM

it doesn’t need a sync disable option as the Sync ONLY tales place if you are working on a rig IN the MyProfiler folder or on the KPA

if you are editing a rig that is Stored in Local Library it will never sync with the profiler - unless you copy it to the MyProfiler folder.

there are two completely separate folders in RM Performances (and rig browser too) for the KPA and RM.

if you save a profile in the “Local Library” folder it will be saved permanently no matter what you do on the KPA. However, if the file is n the “MyProfiler” folder it will sync automatically to the most recent version.

it is common to have the master version saved in Local Library and a copy in the MyProfiler. You can now edit either without affecting the other. Once you are happy that you want to keep the changes you can manually ensure you have the correct one in both locations or have both versions in the Local Library in case you want a previous version again in future.

And when I engage "Kemper Kone" (Monitor Cab OFF unselected), this is Kemper's specific FR? But still with Cab Preset/IR?

the Kone speaker isn’t flat response. The Kone software contains correction to make it flat.

with Kone unselected and Cab Off unselected you get the Cab Section fro the rig in FR mode but without the DSP correcting the Kone speaker to make it truly flat.

I have just tried both the TAF - MeBO and AS - Diesel profiles through my Kabinet and my Adam A7z monitors. Of course they sound different even with the Kabinet in Full Range mode but I have to confess I don't hear anything muffled about the Kabinet. In fact I actually think I prefer it to the Adams which I was definitely not expecting to be the case.

rig manager and OS are up to date but I still do not see an editor!

This is frustrating~

I don't have any special character in my user name.

What am I doing wrong??????

Does it look like this? With the up arrow in the bottom left corner?

If it does the editor is just minimised. It is confusing as the arrow points the opposite way from you would expet i.e. the up arrow shows it is ALREADY closed rather than push this to close it. A down arrow says it is ALREADY open. This just feels backwards to me but that's the way it is.

most expression pedals don’t have any complicated pedal settings. In fact the Mission is about as complicated as it gets with the added foot switch ?

the main difference between them is the length of pedal travel and the taper of the pot. They should all be a linear taper pot but as with all electrical components there is variance/tolerance so some might not be as linear as they should be.

the Mission has a Dunlop branded wah pot in it. As they buy the pots from Dunlop, I wouldn’t be surprised if they also buy the CryBaby casing from Dunlop or directly from their supplier.

the Mission travel is very short as it is a modified wah pedal. For some things this is perfect, for others less so. It’s main strength can also be its biggest weakness depending on the players needs.

I find my mission has the same problem as my crybaby (hardly surprising ?) in that the pedal eventually won’t stay in the heel position as the footplate is so heavy. You can retighten it a few times but eventually it just won’t tighten enough to stay in the heel position. This can be a problem if you like to use the ByPass at Heel option for you wah presets.

IMHO the amp is as 'relevant' as any other power amp and the tubes/glass add a dimension that solid state amps simply don't offer. More accurately, as a power soak/attenuator they are irrelevant for unpowered Kempers but as a transparent amp they are perfect and to my ears work amazingly well with Kabinets/Kones.

but Burkhard’s comment wasn’t referring to the amp itself only the use on the “amp in” input. The “amp in” is only relevant when using it as a power soak with a loud valve amp or as a power boost for a small valve amp.

Input Noise gate is a general noise reduction on the input signal for removing guitar noise rather than a traditional noise gate. I would set it as low as you can get away with. I am not a super high gain player so mine is rarely about 2 or 3 but others may use it differently.

There isn't a dedicated input gain to control what hits the AD converters but Clean Sense has an effect on this. Fortunately, the KPA input is quite forgiving so you don't need to get too obsessive about input level.

The main use of Clean Sense is as a global balance between clean and distorted sounds. If clean sounds are all too loud compared to distorted sounds reduce Clean Sense. If too quiet increase Clean Sense. Kemper say that most situations it should be set at 0 however, all of my guitars seem to sound way too loud on clean profiles so I usually run mine around -7db. The correct setting for one person won't be the correct one for someone else. In fact the correct setting may vary from guitar to guitar. You can set it once and lock it or set a different value for each rig/performance if you change guitars a lot.

Distortion sense is a global adjustment for distrotion. It doesn't affect level but compensates the gain within a profile for guitars with unsually loud or quiet pickups. This is usually set to 0 but can be adjusted to taste if required. It is intended as a means of matching a guitar to the profiler so is really a global setting not a something you would adjust on a rig by rig basis (unless you are changing guitars and they have wildly different output pickups).

I really is a suck it and see menu that is best set with your ears rather than logic or preconcieved "correct" V "wrong".