Posts by Wheresthedug

I don’t use different guitars but have a somewhat similar problem using guitars with both magnetic and Piezo pickups (PRS P22 and Parker Fly). It would be great for me to be able to run both outputs to alternative inputs and be able to run both simultaneously through different Amp/FX paths.

At the moment the best I can do is use the Mono Fx loop return in Stomp A for the Piezo pickup and the Main Input for the Electric. This unfortunately means that if I want to run them both simultaneously using Parallel Path, I only have one other FX available for the acoustic signal. It would be nice to be able to use something like the Alternative input for the Piezo and still have 2 stomps available for Compressor and EQ in the Parallel Path. Even better would be the ability to mix the Parallel Path back into the signal chain later in the Rig to be able to share Delay and/or Reverb too.

In your case If you just want to use acoustic OR electric at any given time than I think an external A/B/Y pedal would be the best answer (but it would be nice to be able to de everything inside the KPA itself rather than add additional pedals).

I haven’t used an acoustic with the KPA but have two electrics with Piezo pickups (PRS P22 and Parker Fly Deluxe) which let me get both electric and acoustic sounds from the same guitar.

As for profiles, disable the Stack section and add some reverb and EQ should get you in the right ball park. However, adding a profile of a good DI or acoustic preamp can really make it come to life. i use the Bert Meulendjik acoustic pack which is great and not expensive.

The answer to your question is Digitech The Drop.

I use it for my dropped songs (drop B and drop C) as 1st position stomp (before distorsion and overdrive) and it sounds awesome: 0 latency and very natural tone.

It is probably the best pedal of the market for this purpose.

The Whammy DT is just a Whammy and a Drop in the same pedal. Or to put it another way the Drop is just the DT part of the Whammy DT sold as a stand alone unit.

I’m not totally sure if I understand your scenario exactly.

Did you still have the Lock function enabled (the lock light would be lit up)? In this case the footswitch would remain locked to the effect so even if you didn’t have the effect saved in the new slot it would still be active due to the lock.

If you had already turned off the lock function it may be that you had saved the full performance including the footswitches but I can’t be totally sure of all the steps you carried out.

Basically, if an effect is locked and assigned to a footswitch then both the effect and the assigned footswitch should override anything already saved in the Rig being loaded.

You’re right Don. Just checked the manual. I thought they had changed this on the new lower end versions but obviously not.

My old Saffire Pro doesn’t have any switches for Mic/Line though. It needs to be changed in the Mix Control software.

I think the Focusrite has the multi function XLR/jack inputs. I think using the XLR automatically engages the mic pre. However, if you use the TS output for the main outs into the TS input on the Focusrite it doesn’t engage the mic pre and accepts line levels. Try connecting to the interface with a pair of regular guitar cables and see if that solves it.

If its only happening on playback from the DAW (and it happens with all plugins too) that would suggest the DW is the problem.

As Don says, the first thing is to check you aren’t overloading the DAW and causing clipping. Most engineers say to aim for a signal of between -18 to -12db when recording. There is no need or advantage in running a hot signal and getting the input meters close to the red. It is worth switching you meters to Pre Fader monitoring to check the real level going in. Also make sure you aren’t overloading the Interface inputs either.

The next thing to check is that you don’t have ANYTHING running on your Master Bus. Lots of people lock a limiter/multi band compressor/eq etc in the output bus then forget about it. This can often seriously affect the sound and make it hard to find the source of any problem. If you have any plugins running disable them all then add them back one at a time to find the culprit.

The lock button isn’t saved as part of the Rig or Performance. It is either active or not.

Think of it as an override option for what is saved in a profile. It basically tells the Kemper to ignore what the Rig being load contains (in its saved form) and instead just leave the locked FX or Block that is currently locked in place.

I think I misunderstood the OP. Are you wanting to run the stage on batteries?

No I understood it to mean that he wants a 9v output to power other pedals on the board without the need for a power brick.

Instead of a DC input I think it would be far simpler for Kemper to come up with a power cord that can be routed through a pedal board. I know that would be something that many of us stage users would go for. I have mine mounted on a temple audio board and I for one would love a way to route my power cord through the board without cutting up my board or cutting and rewiring the power cord.

Sounds sensible.

Mesa did something similar with the Triaxis preamp. It had an input on the pack for an external power adapter which it then passed through on a 7 pin midi cable that could then be sent onwards to other pedals next to your midi controller.

Yes, you can profile through the Torpedo Live. It should give decent results. The load box in the Torpedo will have a slightly different impedance curve than the real speaker cabinet it is emulating so will sound slightly different too. However, this difference isn’t necessarily better or worse, just different. It might be the exact sound you are after.