Posts by Wheresthedug

How does one remove the microphone from an IR? I mean, a microphone is the central piece of equipment that captures an IR signal, yes?

You are tight that the mic is integral to the IR. However, CK has already shown an incredible ability to think outside the box and solve problems in a unique way. Prior to merged profiles it was widely assumed that the only way to separate the amp and speaker portions of a profile was throught the KPA algorithm that tried to guess the part cntributed by each. CK and the team saw a different option by comparing two different profiles and subtrating one from the other. I would put money on it that the team have found a way to compare an IR/Cab with a real cab and subract the effect of the mic somehow. No idea how they coud do that but they have a great track record of producing radical solutions that nobody thought possible so I am really looking forward to seeing what they come out with.

Another vote for the Behringer Ultra-G. Very transparent and natural. I used one for 6 months before I "upgraded" to a Two Notes Torpedo Cab Captor reactive loadbox. If you don't mind having the speaker cab engaged, the Behringer is tops.

Not sure about the Captor but my Torpedo Reload definitely colours the sound compared to having a speaker attached. Some people prefer the sound that way though.

The fact that Burkhard (and everyone else I'm sure) was working last weekend to put up a new version of the beta highlights a bit of truth to your observation.

The fact that Burkhard and others were working the weekend and got the first bug fixes out on Sunday morning shows how hard they are working and how much they want to make their software as good as humanly possible. Although this update doesn't really do anything for me personally I absolutely salute the Kemper team for their hard work and dedication. You guys are amazing!

you can already do this. The location of the volume pedal is per rig and if you use the pedal links you can determine the behaviour for each rig independently.

I think the Global idea goes much further than just volume pedal position though. For my purposes I would like to be able to assign Looper Mode to a different function in some rigs. So for example, if a rig has a Rotary Loaded then configuring the Looper Mode FS as Rotary Speed would be great rather than adding an external switch. In another rig it might be used to toggle delay tails on/off i.e. have the volume pedal pre Delay/Rev but have an FS to kill the tails just at a certain point in the song.

The ability to reassign buttons would be helpful in some cases and seems a logical extension of the flip Up/Down request.

Thanks Paul. Is there no end to your knowledge of this great beast ;)

That might just be the "blindingly obvious" answer I needed. :S

I think I may have been creating the performances in RM, syncing them to my KPA and assuming that this automatically saved/stored them in the KPA too.

Given that the RM performance is automatically saved in RM I think I presumed that simply copying it to the My Profiler folder in RM also saved it in the KPA.

I'll give that a try tonight. Thanks again.

Love to help Chris but I gave up trying to use Rig Manager for Performances ages ago. I don't think you are being dense (either that or I'm equally dense) but rather that RM is the only real weak link in the Kemper workflow. Fortunately, the KPA itself is so intuitive and well laid out that it is relatively easy to build performances in the KPA itself but I am holding high hopes that the new Preset Management system that CK mentioned a while back will be with us soon and will include a massive overhaul of RM.

Long winded way of saying "following" :D

There is way too much to type here so check out the video tutorials

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That should get you started.

Also check out pages 88 - 103 of the main manual.

If you still have any questions let us know.

It could work with stomp buttons as well but the limitation is that it is max 2 FX.

You can assign all 8 stomps/FX to one button if you want. The limitation is only about which will be shown by LED. On the first 2 FX assigned get an LED but others can still be added.

If you set that switch to momentary I think you should be able to have it activate while pressed and deactivate when you lift your foot off - ie long press. I’m sure your idea would provide even more flexibility due to the ability to change amp too but you can probably achieve a lot of what you need just now.

Could you achieve the same thing by having the specialty sounds in the stomp sections of the main rig and just engage multiple FX linked to a single switch i -iv but set to momentary mode? Or are you changing amps and/or already have all the effect slots in use?

Even without any musical education I can’t see how the existing version is simple. If someone doesn’t know intervals they are presumably experimenting with the current system anyway. It shouldn’t make any difference whether they experiment with the current ridiculess 0 -11 numbering or intervals.

Thanks.

I’m inclined to just go totally in ear too at the moment.

I haven’t actually used an FRFR cab at all. In the studio I go Adam A7x and for live I make do with on of my Mesa Thiele EVM12L cabs from my power head. I’m currently torn between spending the cash on a decent FRFR and cheap IEM radio system (already have Shure SE435 in ears) or skipping the FRFR and spending the money on a good Sennheiser or Shure radio system.

I think the ability to toggle between musical intervals (maj 3rd/min 3rd etc) and note names would be the ultimate solution. Obviously noteames are key specific while intervals are key independent however if you are building unique user harmonies these may not conform to standard keys any way.

In my case I would be able to work easily enough with musical intervals (certainly mich better than the current se mi tones starting at 0) however I can also see benefits from not names too.