Posts by chanredfield

Hi everyone, I really want to try some liquid profile packs but I can't seem to find any. Do you know of any packs for sale? Or with the new update, are any of the native profiles liquid? Would love to find some vintage Marshall, Orange or Matamp or anything really just to try.

Thanks.

Be aware of the difference between a Profiler backup and a Rig Manager backup.

If you want to backup your Profiler - Rigs, Presets, Performances, and all global settings - this needs to be done via USB flash drive. The steps are described in the Main Manual.

Ok, so I'm an idiot. The real difference to be aware of (that I had no idea about) is the book the Kemper comes with is NOT the reference manual. Not by a long shot. And even though I read through the book thoroughly, I neglected to read that small type on the cover that says "The Basics". And since it's only the basics, no wonder why I felt I didn't learn all that much.

I decided to do a search for Kemper Reference manual and came across 243 pages of awesome and much needed information, I will read this instead, before posting my next question. Hahah. And Bukhard was right, all the info needed is there. I'm attaching a screenshot for those that still want the answer but don't read.

Hi guys, I'm new to Kemper, just got mine a few days ago and loving it.

Quick question about the rig manager. Is there a quick way to backup everything that is on my Kemper, it would be cool if every time it's plugged in to my mac it just syncs to my local library folder. Are the only/best options...

• Copy and paste everything in the My Profiler folder to my Local Library
    • Copy and paste everything in the My Profile folder to a folder on my computer
    • Copy and paste everything in the My Profile folder to a USB

How are you guys backing up your rigs and how often?

Thanks!

I’m not aware of any specific way.

I would start with the Kemper volume totally off and raise it to a level no louder than you are used to with the Fender itself. As you will have the Fender amp with you at the time you could set a room level that sounds good with the Fender (which should be well within limits) then switch over tho the KPA and rais the level gradually until you reach a similar percieved loudness. I would expect you to be safe enough with that. The only thing to be aware of is that double the power isn’t double the volume. It actually takes 10 times the power to double the perceived volume so I wouldn’t want to push 60w of speakers to anything that sounds louder than the Fender itself.

Awesome, the fender has always been plenty loud with room to spare, so I don't anticipate needing to go any louder than I have previously. Thanks for the tip!

May I ask, rather than risking an amp malfunction why don't you just unload the Vibro and get a good FRFR or cab that you can use without worry? You could totally use the Vibro but @35 watts as others said, just be careful.

That's a great suggestion, I am brand new to the Kemper, In fact I just ordered it and it's not even here yet. I will definitely consider unloading the vibro once I spend some time with Kemper.

Hi guys, I've seen a lot of posts about speaker cabs, ohms, FRFR speakers etc. But what I"m looking for is an answer to something a little more specific.

I just got a powerhead, I'm going to be using it 90% for recording. However, I would like to every once in a while to go play with friends or maybe a live performance.

I noticed on the back of my Fender 68 reissue Vibrolux combo amp, I can unplug the built in head and run something else into the speakers.

Would this be safe to do? Ive read a lot of conflicting info about ohms and watts.

I've also read all about how this might not be ideal for the pure sound of the profile, etc. I'm ok with that, as this would be just have the feeling of an amp in the room the few times I do play with people.

All in all, I'm just trying to avoid buying another cab if I only play with others a handful of times a year.

I've attached a screenshot of the back of my vibrolux showing the 35 watts and 4 ohms.