Posts by axcelkun

Hello! So I had the idea of profiling a virtual amp sim I use into my kemper for live use but unfortunately I have the unpowered version. So instead of going out and buying a power amp or selling my Kemper for the powered version, I had the idea of using my Darkglass M900V2 head and slaving the power for that as a power amp. Any idea if this is possible/how to go about doing this? I'm a bit noobish when it comes to this just wanted to get some thoughts on it. Thanks!

What speaker cabinet are you using? What is the Ohms load of the cabinet, and RMS wattage rating for the cabinet?

How many watts RMS does this “3200 Watts” Amplifier produce into the cabinet Ohms load?

To be honest I didn't even realize power amps produce power into ohms I guess I should of realized this, would definitely explain why the DJ poweramp isn't working that well. I looked into the above suggestions and found this https://www.thomannmusic.com/harley_benton_gpa_400.htm, definitley considering it.

Cab I'm using is a Blackmarket Custom cab (independent company from MA) it's an 8x10 that I believe is 12ohms no idea about the RMS.

Hey guys! So I'm getting an awesome bass tone out of my kemper that I'd like to use live. I've been using this Musysic DJ power amp (I know is unconventional but was cheap and my guitarist uses it for his POD live) and for some reason I can't get my tone loud enough through my cab without the Musysic clipping at a certain point. At the point right before it starts to clip it sounds great but not enough volume, when I try to turn up either the kempers rig volume/monitor volume/etc or the gain on the power amp it just starts to distort and not sound good. I'm sure this has something to do with the fact that the power amp I have has too many watts/is technically a DJ amp but I don't see why it's doing this. Any ideas? Also I've been looking into crown power amps as as cheap solution to this, I have a budget of $300 anyone have experience using those?

This is the power amp:

https://www.ebay.com/i/161356652545?chn=ps

So I have two dry DI's I took from the Direct Output of the Kemper I want to reamp through Logic Pro x. I figured out how to reamp them, however both of them ONLY pan right or stay center. The more I pan left the weaker the signal gets until there's no sound at all. I'm using a UA Apollo 2 rack as an interface, I have a cable going from the Line Output 4 to the Return Input of the Kemper. I have the Input Source set to Return Input Reamp. I've tried everything and I'm very lost and out of ideas as to how to correct this. (the audio files are MONO)

Edit: I have the output of the two DI channels both set to Output 3/4. whenever I try to go mono Output 4 I have no way to pan so that's out of the question.

Edit 2: When I pan right the track stays center

I have a new issue now. So I figured out how to track the processed AND DI signals no problem. However now when I go to reamp I can get the DI's to reamp through OUTPUT 4 of my apollo UA into the RETURN INPUT, however both DI tracks I can only pan to the right in logic, when I try to pan them to the left it cuts out. Everything is set correctly on my kemper (I have the input source set to Return Input Reamp).

I'd prefer to keep my method of tracking as is without adding in extra factors, if using a DI box truly does help things then I will but since the Kemper is capable of tracking DI and processed signals at once I see no need too. (really cause buying this is quite expensive I don't have the $$ for a DI box at the moment)

Hey all! First post here just got my Kemper in the mail yesterday.

Basically I want to be able to track guitars as a processed signal, and one track as a DI signal at the same time through my UA Apollo 2 in case I want to reamp later. I completely understand that to do this I need to plug in from either the L or R Main Output (not worried about stereo effects for the time being) to one of the UA's channels and then a cable from the Direct Output/Send into another channel of the UA. I have it working correctly however I have three major questions (and will probably have more) up to this point.

1. Should I keep my UA's preamp at 0db and rely fully on the output of the Kemper?

2. In the OUTPUT section, should I have my Main Output set to Master Stereo or Master Mono? Same question with my Direct Output source.

3. How do I go about setting the correct Clean/Distortion Sensitive settings in the INPUT section?

Thanks in advance for any help :) Excited to be part of this community.

EDIT: I don't know if this will help at all but I'm tracking into Logic Pro X via two channels (processed signal into the first track, sending the Direct Output into the second track)