Recording a processed AND DI signal at once

• Hey all! First post here just got my Kemper in the mail yesterday.

Basically I want to be able to track guitars as a processed signal, and one track as a DI signal at the same time through my UA Apollo 2 in case I want to reamp later. I completely understand that to do this I need to plug in from either the L or R Main Output (not worried about stereo effects for the time being) to one of the UA's channels and then a cable from the Direct Output/Send into another channel of the UA. I have it working correctly however I have three major questions (and will probably have more) up to this point.

1. Should I keep my UA's preamp at 0db and rely fully on the output of the Kemper?

2. In the OUTPUT section, should I have my Main Output set to Master Stereo or Master Mono? Same question with my Direct Output source.

3. How do I go about setting the correct Clean/Distortion Sensitive settings in the INPUT section?

Thanks in advance for any help :) Excited to be part of this community.

EDIT: I don't know if this will help at all but I'm tracking into Logic Pro X via two channels (processed signal into the first track, sending the Direct Output into the second track)

Edited once, last by axcelkun ().

• I’d split the signal BEFORE a The KPA

A DI box will let you just take the XLR out to the preamp of one channel of your interface while you send the ‘through’ output to the front of the Kemper and then the Kemper to another interface channel.

That’s what I’d do, rather than trying to take the ‘clean’ signal through the Kemper.

• I'd prefer to keep my method of tracking as is without adding in extra factors, if using a DI box truly does help things then I will but since the Kemper is capable of tracking DI and processed signals at once I see no need too. (really cause buying this is quite expensive I don't have the $$ for a DI box at the moment)

• There is no benefit in using an external DI box. The Direct Output of the Profiler was designed to do that job.
    If you want the unaltered sound level of your guitar to be recorded use the Git/Analog output source setting for the direct out.
    Use Master Mono for the main out if you are only sending a mono signal to your interface.
    Make sure that the signal coming from the Profiler is a s hot as possible without clipping the input of your audio interface.
    The correct settings for clean and distorted sense are explained in this video:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Use the Reamp sens parameter to adjust the level of the direct recording signal when you send it back into the Profiler for reamping.

• Did anybody mention that the Main Manual (used to be the Reference Manual in the past) includes a chapter named "Reamping", which describes all this in detail and in a step by step approach? This is in addition to the video tutorial about Reamping.

• I have a new issue now. So I figured out how to track the processed AND DI signals no problem. However now when I go to reamp I can get the DI's to reamp through OUTPUT 4 of my apollo UA into the RETURN INPUT, however both DI tracks I can only pan to the right in logic, when I try to pan them to the left it cuts out. Everything is set correctly on my kemper (I have the input source set to Return Input Reamp).