Posts by Sweetmilk

Guys!

I fixed it. Unbelievable...

It was another power distributor that caused the noise. It was plugged I to the same one the Kemper is in, but that’s not the only problem. It doesn’t matter where I plug it in! As soon as I unplug it the noise is gone, I plugged it in somewhere else, it’s back. So it seems that this, somehow faulty, power distributor fucks up the whole electricity net in the apartment.

Thanks a lot for your help guys, much appreciated!

It sounds to me like it could be a bad earth wire on your guitar itself. Then you touch metal you are completing the grounding. That would also be consistent with it miraculously fixing itself then returning. Are you able to try the guitar with a different amp?

That’s what I thought...but on a different amp it’s gone, same noise on the Kemper with my bass and acoustic

Did you run the test I suggested where you turn off the Kemper and completely disconnect every cord of every kind from it, then listen to your DAW / audio setup to see if you hear any noise there (you may need to turn up the volume higher than usual to confirm / deny the presence of the noise)?

I would do this first before contacting support.

If you get the noise in your other audio stuff, it's probably electrical line noise. If you don't, then as stratdude suggested, it's likely a problem with the unit and time for support. Best to isolate where the problem is before taking the next step.

1. Noise stops when touching metal - noise is back(not as loud) when I hit a string, although I continue to touch metal

2. Sounds like very high gain amp on 11, while playing not as loud

3. nope no noises, as soon as I unplug the guitar it's gone. Has been the same noise with the bass tho

4. plugged into one powerstrip. But the noise was there in the other room, too, where it was just the Kemper.

Noise stops when I plug in my Takamine acoustic, and starts when I hit a string...

I'm glad the problem is resolved. My guess is that it was temporary dirty power (utility companies aren't always consistent).

Just the same, don't forget to burn incense, sacrifice a couple of chickens and give thanks to the appropriate technical deities. Better safe than sorry. :)

Is it possible that it was water inside the Kemper?

Theres a plant nearby that I sprayed a little and it’s next to a window...maybe it dried off over night in the other place?!

The weirdest thing just happened...

Yesterday I plugged the Kemper into another outlet in another room, different cable from guitar to Kemper even different power cable to the Kemper. same problem.
    Since it was late and I was too frustrated to move everything back I just left it there.
    This morning I put it back on my desk, plugged everything in(interface, usb, remote) plugged the tele in and...

It's back to normal?!?! I have absolutely no idea what the problem is/was, but now its gone?! I hope it won't come back...

Thanks a lot for your help everyone !

Changing the outlet didn't help and neither did the ground lifts... ? But thanks

Edit: nothing you named worked, tried it all. Noise is also there when I plug the Kemper via a Scarlett into my mac and plug the headphones into the mac.

;(Hey guys, problem...

I don't think my Kemper has always been this noisy, but a couple of days ago I wanted to record something clean and it was just, too noisy.

I tried different profiles by different people mbritt, tonejunkie,... always the same. I tried with my Fender USA Tele (noiseless PUs) and with a SUB Bass...always noisy.

I tried the ground lifts and a different cable, even unplugging all other cables, nothing helped.
    I get that that there is always an amp noise, but its way too loud for clean sound.

When I don't touch metal its the loudest.
    When I touch metal (macbook, bridge...) the noise stops, but even while touching metal, as soon as I start playing the noise is 80% back compared to not touching anything. Disappears when I turn the volume off.

Hope that's enough information, please help guys, I need to record!

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys,
    since I sometimes change RIGs in Looper Mode, I thought it would be awesome if you could see which RIG you're using atm, while in Looper Mode. Would be very helpful and you wouldn't have to leave the Looper Mode to see the RIG's names.

Best regards, and thanks for this amazing product!
    Benjamin