Posts by d0ntbelievethetruth

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the help. I was just about to factory reset it but i thought i'd play around with the settings first just in case theres something i've overlooked.
    It turns out that somehow, the noise gate was on 10.00 and that was the culprit of the buzz / distortion.
    I'm not sure how the noise gate got to that level, I have been having issues with the gain sometimes adjusting itself but it must be happening with the noise gate as well i think. Regarding that issue, I was advised by someone at Kemper to factory reset it so it looks like i'll still be doing the factory reset anyway but I just thought i'd update you guys.

Either way, this issue is solved!! I couldn't be happier (even though i feel stupid as something as simple as a noise gate was causing it).

Thank's again for the advice, there is a great community with the Kemper.

Peace :thumbup:

Is the buzz still there when using headphones?
    I may be wrong, but it sounds like whatever speaker (or cables?) you are using is causing the buzz.

Yeah, i can hear it through headphones and when i'm listening through my laptop whilst recording :/ never had this before but it's just started happening today.
    nothing in my setup has changed but i've used different cables and it's still doing it. It seems to be that the issue is with the Kemper itself.

Hey guys, i hope someone can help me here. Just today, my Kemper has started producing a slight buzzing noise when playing. It's only noticeable when playing cleans but it's really annoying now that i've noticed it. I've tried different clean profiles, different leads, different guitars and the buzzing is still there. You have to listen carefully to hear it but now that it's come along its driving me insane!
    Does anyone have any idea what can sort this or has anyone experienced this before.

I'll put a link to a video i've done.

Youtube Video of Kemper Buzz

any help appreciated.

I used to be (and still are to a certain extent) a massive gamer. I started playing guitar hero and It went on from there really. I never cared about music until I played that game. From there, I started finding lots of cool bands then asked for a guitar (for a BDAY present I think).
    The song that I most enjoyed back then was Before I Forget by Slipknot.
    I don't necessarily listen to a lot of metal / heavier music these days but that always brings back good memories! It was also the first song I ever learnt on guitar too!

Yes! I would pay good money for these too!
    The holy grail of Vox amps / Beatle Amps. I've had a few AC30's that have come close but like you said, they're never quite close enough. They have a distinct & unique tone

Hey guys,

So i'm wanting to get a decent Mesa Dual / Triple rectifier profile to nail the pop punk tones from the late 90s and early 2000s.
    I mainly want to replicate Tom Delonge's live tone from the 2002-2004 period.

I've tried countless rectifier profiles on the rig exchange but they just haven't been that great in my opinion.
    So are there any commercial profiles that would fit that description? I'm a bit hesitant to drop cash on profiles seen as though i can't try before i buy. A lot of Mesa profiles are made with the metal players in mind. Which is cool but I've found that I can't get them to where I'd like them to sound.

Thanks!

Hey guys,

So i'm wanting to get a decent Mesa Dual / Triple rectifier profile to nail the pop punk tones from the late 90s and early 2000s.
    I mainly want to replicate Tom Delonge's live tone from the 2002-2004 period.

I've tried countless rectifier profiles on the rig exchange but they just haven't been that great in my opinion.
    So are there any commercial profiles that would fit that description? I'm a bit hesitant to drop cash on profiles seen as though i can't try before i buy. A lot of Mesa profiles are made with the metal players in mind. Which is cool but I've found that I can't get them to where I'd like them to sound.

Thanks!

I've only ever had an Axe FX ultra and not even tried a Axe FX 2 let alone a 3 but I would still go with the Kemper all day long. Not that the Axe doesn't sound good because it does. But I found there was too much tweaking to do on an Axe FX and it is definitely more complicated than Kemper in my opinion. But the big one for me would be resale value (Especially because you're not sure). At the minute, Axe FX units seem to be a lot harder to sell and they seem to depreciate in value a lot more than Kempers (in England at least).

And as mentioned above, for the price of the Axe 3, you can buy a Kemper and have change to buy a guitar or even something else.

Ultimately, I have felt more inspired playing a Kemper.
    Both are good units, It's amazing to see how far technology has come, there has never been a better time for guitarists!

It's still doing it. It's probably something i'll just have to live with i suppose! Also, sometimes when i adjust the gain on a profile, there will be a big jump "from 3 to 6 for example" rather than it adjusting smoothly as it should. Again, this is not all the time, just sometimes.
    Annoying but there doesn't seem to be much i can do!

Do you have jacks plugged to your Kemper or remote in the SWITCH/PEDAL-inputs?

When you plug in just a jack plug in the SWITCH/PEDAL-input and there's nothing connected to this jack, and you program this input as volume for example, than the volume goes up and down.

So try removing the jacks from the SWITCH/PEDAL-inputs and see if everything stays stable.

The only jack going into the Kemper is the guitar input on the front, nothing going into the remote apart from the lead connecting it to the Kemper. Maybe i'll just disconnect the remote and see if anything changes?

Hey guys,

My Kemper has been acting a bit weird. Sometimes after I have adjusted the gain on a profile, the Kemper will start to turn the gain up or down by itself very slowly. This also happened with the master volume as well. It starting moving by itself very slowly.
    Is this a known software bug or is it the actual hardware that's the problem? I really don't want to have to be messing around by sending it back then waiting ages for it to be fixed.
    Is there a quick fix to this?

Thanks!

Had fun going through all the factory presets and keeping the ones i like. I've been getting some more profiles from the rig exchange also. There is so much exploring to do, just trying different profiles will keep me entertained for weeks! Some people dislike the whole spoilt for choice approach but i love it!

I've also just bought this enclosure for the Kemper, looks like a little amp head and i love the green look! looking forward for it to arrive.
    [Blocked Image: https://images.static-thomann.de/pics/bdb/413047/12272232_800.jpg]

Hi,

I think it comes with the rig manager. I have this message too. When I start the Kemper without connected to the rig manager there is no error message. Maybe this message isn`t correct and it isn`t a profile in the profiler but in the rig manager?

Maybe yes. I certainly haven't found a profile that has been corrupted or sounds different