Posts by thegman

Hey there! I know quite a few users have got the Pelican 1610 case. I use one and I have been quite happy with it since it also fits my remote and expression pedal although I do like the idea of the cab enclosure as far as looks go.

I'm not looking to transport it. I just like the look of the finished Tolex enclosure. I assume you are using the Pelican for transport?

Anyone have a good line on a case for the Toaster other than the soft case?

I'm thinking of making a wooden case for mine, with foam padding, but if there is one out there already, I'm interested.

I thought about a flight case that has padding inside.

I thought about the Rack version, but the toaster looks so much like an instrument panel from an old Cessna, I couldn't resist :)

I ordered my Kemper Powered yesterday. Along with the footswitch, and a HeadRush FRFR-112, and a couple of XLR cables.

They cut me a pretty good deal, with 2-year warranty. Since they have a 30-day return policy, I delayed the actual order shipment/billing until early November, as I won't have time to devote to it until then with LIFE going on right now :)

When I told my wife I was ordering it, she said, "Well There's your Christmas Present" Hell, I was just going to pay for it, but what the heck :thumbup:

I even got a heavy duty speaker stand for the Headrush, on the MF Stupid Deal for like $15.

Kemper Powerhead with Footswitch (Toaster) $2399

Headrush FRFR-112 $269

Two Pro 10' XLRF Cables $33.98

Well, I think I have a pretty good deal lined up.

Kemper Powerhead with Footswitch (Toaster) $2399

Headrush FRFR-112 $269

Two Pro 10' XLRF Cables $33.98

No Shipping, No Tax, Two year warranty.

I'll probably go Sweetwater, since no sales tax in VA and that's about $100+ in savings :)

I'll go toaster. I don't use a rack.

So after all these great answers, I am narrowing down my purchase choices.

I am assuming there is no disadvantage to getting the Powered version over the non-powered Kemper. It can still be used Non-Powered, right?

I think I will order the Powerhead and a HeadRush FRFR 112 to start with. Can you use the Powered Kemper, and put the speaker in passive? Or the other way around, non-powered Kemper, and use the HR as active? If it's either/or, which would you do?

Thanks for all the help guys.

I'm thinking of getting the Profiler. I have a few questions before purchase:

I have a few amps. I only play for my enjoyment now, I want to downsize a little. I think I will keep my Deluxe Reverb, and get rid of my '65 reissue Super Reverb, Carvin 16, Fender G-Dec., and others.

I'd love to have this just to play around with and emulate other amps.

I will probably want to plug in to a cabinet. I'd love to have that matching green one shown on the website, but not available.

• I assume I need the Powerhead for a cab?
    • What is the smallest cabinet recommendations? I have a Carvin cab, with a 12' in it. Not looking to blow the neighborhood out :evil:
    • Any advantage to the Profiler Remote other than using it on the floor?
    • Can you get Acoustic Amp Profiles? I have a Fishman Loudbox Mini, can it replace this for my Acoustic needs?
    • When an Amp is profiled, is it pretty much flat settings, and you adjust after the profile is created?
    • Is the Reverb profiled? I mean, is it something that is just in the Profiler, and can it sound like the Spring reverb tanks?
    • If anyone has ever had a hardware issue, how hard is it to get resolved, since this is manufactured overseas?

I'm in the USA, so will probably order from Sweetwater, or somewhere like that.

Thanks for ANY help before I order this.

[Blocked Image: http://www.gwfweb.com/guitars/images/4981.jpg]