Posts by Ruefus

Hmmm no, I'm not your opinion on that. I already built multi-platform software, apps and frameworks which cross compile for iOs, Android and Windows. Multi platform support is always an overhead of course but if you're doing it right from the beginning it is in most cases a matter of good organization. Just my opinion and experience with developing for those platforms.

I'm no expert - nor am I a developer - so I'll always defer to experience. Mine is 'booksmart' (and that's being exceedingly kind).

At the same time - you can find multiple sources citing the difficulties of developing for iOS an Android. "Doing it right from the beginning" is the operative word.

I'm having the same problem! I assumed I was doing something wrong, but now it looks like it's just the software not working the way we were led to believe that it would, based eg on the beta manual.

Its a bug. The manual is correct.

The unfortunate thing (from our perspective) is that not everyone is having this issue.

Mine seems intermittent now. Saturday, it wouldn't save. I restarted everything....and it works as expected.

This irrelevant for gig size as you should go via PA anyway and any back line should be used for just that...IMO.

This.

The Kabinet can reach ear-bleeding volume, but that's not the intended purpose. Amp-in-the-room sound & feel for the player is what its about.

As V8guitar above has said, you want to use the main outs to go into the PA for sound reinforcement. You can use it for rehearsal where a PA may not be needed for volume...but putting a little guitar through the PA at rehearsals helps lower the required volume for everyone to hear everyone else.

It also makes your guitar sound yuge, with lots of bigness. :)

In rehearsal, I'll sometimes want to adjust sounds for any number of reasons. I can do that on the Toaster, and even though it's on a stand it still isn't remotely close to eye-level. It can be done....but kneeling down to get the screen in view kinda sucks.

Some ideas....

An iPad (or tablet) on a mic stand to see things more easily
    Select a performance or without scrolling
    Not having RM tied to my computer at home (biggie for me)

Hmm maybe. My X32 digital mixer is connected just like that, and it works perfectly.

RJ45 is common totally common in music applications. All kinds of stuff uses it. Mixers, in-ear systems…you name it.

But for this application, (I *think*) it’d be kind of an oddball solution.

Solely based on its commonality and nothing else, if wireless will work for the Rack and Toaster I’d guess it’s be a usb-B dongle plugged into where the USB stick for updates fits.

Why should it be exclusive? The remote speaks standard TCP/IP. You could always add a PoE switch if you need both at the same time.

It’d work, but it’d be a rather clumsy and non-standard way to do it. Especially given the fact that the there are two very common USB ports right next to it.

yeah, it is broken for many people: see this thread for example. I filed a few tickets as well (included video showing the problem), last answer from support was: "we haven't been able to reproduce this so far. It doesn't seem to be a very common issue but we've filed a bug report for it." Which is very strange judging by amount of people in this forum who are having issues with this feature. Performance management from RM never worked for me reliably - I do it directly on device.

Could be people haven't been filing tickets. People love to complain, but often don't report.

I haven't complained about this problem, but I get the same results. I figured enough people here had made noise that it wasn't needed.

So...I'll be submitting one now. :)

It would be nice if the delete function applied to factory presets. I don’t see why it shouldn’t.

The number of people who said "I can't find the presets they said they had!!!!" when the new system was introduced was quite large.

A soft-button to 'hide' factory presets might be nice, with the default being on.

To do this, use a filter for user preferences, just as you can mark profiles as favorites.
    A standard tagging and filtering philosophy would be helpful here.

Tagging works, but you need to be diligent and consistent. And remember what tags you used.. Hard to do (I suck at it) in most applications. I don’t believe I’m alone on this.

I like the idea of having factory presets appear after user presets.

Perhaps even italicize or otherwise alter the factory font so they’re even easier to pick out.

I'm certainly a bit of a fanboy for the KPA. So keep that in mind.

I do not understand having to ‘find’ a grab and go setting. As if each time you have to hunt for a sound, so taking another amp becomes preferable.

Not trying to be combative in the slightest. I just don’t get that.

Thanks..!

But I thought I heard (somewhere) that you "can't" just put a pedal to your Kemper, like you can with a standard amp.

Regardless if it is before or after front amp :)

I've seen something in a youtube video, but can't find it anymore.

Where ever you heard that, they gave some bad info.

I've been using the loop for my favorite dirt pedals for as long as I've had my KPA. I have several friends who also use outboard pedals.

It not only works, but reacts just as you would expect any amp. Either in front of the input or in a loop....it works and works well.

As for output, cab and amp presets.....those have no factory settings. There are no factory presets to contend with.

At least with Amp and Cab - you can save your own presets and those will be the ONLY ones that appear when you right click on the amp or cab icon in RM. You can still see them in the left folder tree and use them the old way as well.

As for updates - *every* software update on any system you care to name fixes some problems and introduces others. Nothing ever ships bug free. No matter how good the developers are or how much they test. Especially with varying OS versions...PC, Mac....hardware configurations. You cannot test for every combination. So...yeah....bugs.

I'm sorry you're not happy with the further development of the KPA. I really am.

But I suppose someone has to be annoyed for the rest of us to be happy.....Your turn in the box. ;)