Posts by Ruefus

What if the amp doesn't have a gain knob. My Bassman, AC30, DR, and Marshall, don't have a "Gain" knob. They have volume knobs. I like turning up the "Volume" to overdrive those amps. My Bassman sounds amazing cranked up. The amp goes crazy, It sags more, the louder you crank it up. That's what I would want. I don't like fake gain that acts like a distortion pedal. Is that what it's going to do? I don't know how, because of the way all of the components and speakers react to the volume change is part of it. That would be awesome.

Nothing can be all things to all people. I would expect a liquid profile to be closer out of the box. With controls like Definition, tube shape, power sagging, compression (amp), clarity....... you'll probably get there. I preach my love for the back-end control on the Profiler all the time, but I know of no other digital solution that gives you this sort of fine control over a sound.

$3.50?:huh: Here a set string costs about $9 and 10 pack set, just checked and the price for them has gone up at least $20. :rolleyes: So a 10 set daddario 10-46 now is $70.20:pinch:

This is what I'm saying. :)

I had the all-in cost slightly off. With tax and shipping included, it works out to $3.68 per set. All in....to my door. 12 sets (and you pick the gauges if you're into that).

I asked and was told these strings are made in the United States by a major manufacturer and are top-quality. After 5+ years of using them, I completely agree.

Below is what my cart looks like before tax and shipping, which adds about $9.00/us:

Bulk sets from juststrings.com

Works out to less than $3.50 per set…..custom gauged if you want….and I can’t tell the difference between them or a set of EB Slinkys.

I’m no expert, but I found a definition that helps me:

Machine Learning is an AI technique that teaches computers to learn from experience. Machine learning algorithms use computational methods to “learn” information directly from data without relying on a predetermined equation as a model.

In the video I saw and if I remember correctly, CK said they used the amp schematics to model the tone stack. I took that to mean that no tone stacks were actually "profiled".

Yeah - he was pretty clear that these tone stacks are models applied to a profile. I was curious if he'd said "sound exactly like...." or similar.

I don't think he did.

When I use a Fender HR Deluxe I just connect the Kemper Monitor Out to Power Amp In on the HR Deluxe. Cabinet Off is enabled on the Monitor Out settings and the level is set from the Monitor Out volume.

Works fine for me.

^ This. I also tie the Monitor out to the Master Volume knob on the front (Output settings).

Are you using this to just monitor - or is the cab being mic'd as in the picture?

......But the claim that knowing the knob positions when the profile was made will lead to the Kemper tonestack to providing the exact behavior .....

I'm asking because I don't know. Not to be difficult (<- give it time. 8o)

Has anyone at Kemper said these modeled tone stacks will have the "exact behavior"?

I would also think that when modeling specific stacks, they'd select prime examples. The 'special' ones, so to speak. No sense using an off-the-shelf AC30 at Guitar Center when you can choose the best sounding one and base things off that, or even multiple good ones to develop an 'ideal'.

Okay….I don’t know why I was under the impression, that some of it already was included in a possible current beta version. I haven’t clicked the beta-option. Can someone confirm or deny that?

Nothing in beta as of yet.

I marked the Announcements from Kemper board so I get a notification of updates. Burkhard is really good about updating that board when new stuff drops.

..... more effects and more detailed effects please.

The parameters and algorithms for delay and reverb are stunning as-is. Drives and Fuzz have been addressed. Modulation - which isn't thin on options, could do with a facelift. Other than that.....what's the thing missing?

As for power - that's been discussed a million times. Kemper's standard reply is "we've got plenty left under the hood as-is."

Oh my... wow, the stuff we read on here once in a while is entertaining. I invite you to learn a bit about Apple's business practices and then reassess. :D

Every corporation is going to have skeletons in their closet. You can pick any of them, be critical, and be right.

They act in their own self interests.

If that happens to coincide with whoever the ‘good guys’ happen to be on that day, that’s called an opportunity. 🤷‍♂️

Well your goin to love my new post. Its not about sounding exact but when kemper distorts the A string area when the amp is cleanish thats a big bummer. When all the refining, playing soft an your just squeezing to get the note to play clean yea thats a elephant in the room that needs to be addressed. Listen to what larry says about the kemper here.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Meh.....it really makes no difference to me. That hasn't been my experience, so it doesn't much matter.

This unwavering mission to sound *exactly* like the real amp drives me nuts.

Alter a profile's settings even 1/10th of a value.....it's no longer the 'real amp'. Does it sound good? Yes? Isn't that the goal? To sound good?

I thought that was the point. EVH gets trotted out a lot, but he's a great example. He wasn't trying to recreate Clapton's sound or anyone else's. He had a sound in his head he kept chasing. Of all the players I know - he was the least precious about what came before....and couldn't have cared less whether someone else thought he was 'violating' some oath to authenticity.