Posts by Ruefus

I've always gone with the old school, but trusted method of creating a separate rig for my solos. I create a lead tone that I like and then just store it in the last slot of each rig so my solos are always in the same spot. I like having them as separate rigs because I can then add different effects and parameters that may not have been in my rhythm tones. For most of my leads, I have the rig set around 3dB higher than my rhythm to give me the boost I need, but the volume may be lower on something that I don't need to be as "in the face" as others.

I am quite similar here as well. Over time, I've settled primarily on one amp (H&K TubeMeister from Guidorist), with whichever cab sounds right. Right now that's usually a Marshall 1960 412 with greenbacks for rhythm/cleans and most often a 212 with V30s for lead or "out front" sounds.

Some performances are identical except for tempo and or mix parameters. Others use the same basic starting point, but have specific tweaks to suit a certain tune.

I use AnyTune, but there are any number of apps - Song Surgeon, Transcribe! etc.

With AnyTune - you can modify the pitch in as little as .01 cent increments.

I use it for a LOT more than just that, but when something isn't quite at 440....this does the trick for me.

I will say - I do wish there was an option in browse mode in RM to add a rig to a performance slot. The way it works now feels more like a hack than a genuine workflow.

We can save performance slots to the browse pool.....but not the other way around?

That one change would make most of this dual RM screen stuff unnecessary.

I spend 99% of my time in performance mode.

I sample sounds in browse, then move what I like and want to tweak into a performance slot. Then I can tweak to my heart’s content without worrying that I’ve destroyed the original rig in browse.

At a gig, it’s 100% performance mode.

As for the idea of overhauling it so you can ‘delete’…..right click in RM on a performance. Initialize……that memory slot is clear.

That is as empty as you’ll get.

The Ugly American.

Still a thing.

I give up guys , thx for your interest & back to music & notes on the wall, with quick ref open tunings next to my cycle of fiths

Pretty much how my space is set up.

Guys you're probably missing my point or maybe I cannot express myself clearly :

trying new open tunings open some very creative possibilities , and why would one limit the curiosity spirit ?

The point is to have more creative ressources , ie new tunings that I would probably not try if I had to gather the theory before, beyond the open G & D I already know.

I agree that different tunings foster creativity. You don't need technology to help with trying new things. The way you're describing it is that you want a list of alternate tunings referenced in the Kemper. Why? So you don't have to seek them out?

I mean no disrespect, but have to ask....Why would you need the Kemper to hold your hand like that? 2 minutes on the internet and a post-it note does the same thing AND probably give you some context as to how a certain tuning can be applied.

If you saw a C6 tuning with no explanation, how would you use it? When you learn that tuning to a C6 chord is a common way to tune pedal and lap steel guitars....it starts making sense. The same with scales....who cares about Hawaiian Hexatonic if you don't have a clue about the music its found in?

The tuner doesn't tell you E A D G B E now. What would you do about 7 or 8 (or whatever) string guitars? Bass guitars, baritone guitars.....drop tunings, flatted etc. The chromatic tuner is open ended, which gives it all that flexibility.

A few decades ago you had tuners where you had to flip a switch to change the pitch it was looking for. That sucked.

IMO - it's better to remember what tuning you're in/going to than ask the unit to tell you.

Come on , it's all relative to a certain pitch / frequency , I'm asking for a new feature not a broken tuner of course :

the tuner would be set to a dadgad preset ( or OPEN D on the preset list ) before, vs standard tuning. I don't know all open tuning by heart , I'm asking for a list of usual open tunings. that's why it would mainly be a visual aid & reminder

A feature for what? The relative pitch is A 440. That doesn't change based on the guitar's tuning scheme.

If you want the low E tune to D.....pick the string, loosen the string.....tuner says "D"...you're done.

Its a chromatic tuner. What's the preset for?

it's just a visual aid while tuning , setup the tuner in dadgad and the tuner would read the strings just like now, that's it : play the 6th E string and the tuner would wait and display a D , etc

But it already does that. The tuner isn't looking for a specific pitch for any string, it listens and then as you adjust it changes.

It's never 'looking' for a specific pitch.

I wish kemper give us more option in the tuner at least DADGAD and common open tuning should be available

I don't understand. The tuner in the Kemper is chromatic. You can tune any string to any pitch you like. There are no 'tunings' in the Kemper.

A pity that they didn't think of that since a lot of bluesplayers have to carry at least 2 guitars with them: one in open tuning to play and one in standard tuning.

Does any one know if there's such a device on the market which can be put between guitar en the Profiler's input?

It cannot be done without a specific pickup as Kellerblues points out.

Horsepower has nothing to do with it. Otherwise, someone would have already done it.