Posts by Ruefus

For me it’s learning something new. Watching a Danny Gatton video and figuring out (as best one can) something that grabs me.

Or something Alex Lifeson did in some obscure Rush track. His stuff is never boring.

As for sounds….I find Profiles I like and tend to stick with them.

I like to find a Profile that requires little in the way of EQ for the sound I’m after. I’ll twiddle with the Bass, Middle, Treble and Presence. But not much.

I spend more time with Definition, Clarity (for dirty sounds) and Direct Mix.

I almost never use an EQ stomp. For guitar, I look at them as problem solvers. Or a way to make an amp sound like something it isn’t.

Off-topic? When I get my Tele for Xmas I am going to go sacrilegious with it just like this for you... :P

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Actually.....that's a tune the band I'm in was planning to work on next.

I may have shared this in the past, but to me it bears repeating. It isn't 'new' music......but I've been watching this video on and off for years, stealing what I can.

Danny Gatton was ridiculous. He plays lines without looking that'd have me bent over and my tongue sticking out trying to nail.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It looks like a single speaker - but in essence there are actually two there. Close mic'ing won't sound right at all. Likely due to phase issues that can't be corrected.

The point of the Kone - and the ONLY real point of a Kone is for personal monitoring. To get the amp-in-the-room sound guitarists hear from a regular amplifier. A sound that FOH never hears.

To me - matching the FOH sound is pointless. Standing in front of an amp is a very different sound compared to FOH. No one I've ever heard of complains about that difference with a tube amp present.

FOH gets a mic'd sound one way or the other. With a KPA, it's totally consistent and not dependent on the mic used, the room or the skill of the person placing the mic.

I'd like to hear it without the bends. That high up on the neck, a guitar's intonation will sometimes become an issue. Two notes that sound good lower down often do not. Gain can make this difference even worse.

Do you have a different amplifier you can test to see if the same thing happens there?

Due to its design, you can't close-mic a Kone and achieve good results.

Smartphone displays automatically vary their brightness. Computers will as well. You can disable it, but all sorts of displays vary their brightness settings.

I’ve never seen a television with an automatic brightness adjustment.

Kemper 2.0 speculation is rather constant. Like this: What would be your killer feature for a Kemper 2 ?

Threads like this pop up once a month or more it seems.

Rig Manager saw an update recently with what sounds like a lot of backend cleanup and a few cosmetic things.

My money says there won't be a 2.0 version. Not unless Christophe finds a way to improve the Profiling process, which he's said he's already taken as far as he can.

Less frequent firmware updates mean nothing.

It proves that wealthy people are not smart. They are only lucky.

Nah.

There are certainly wealthy people that got lucky. But an overnight success to others was actually a person working for a decade or two and slogging it out.

The wealthy people I've been around made their own luck by working hard, knowing what they were passionate about and were prepared to recognize when a true opportunity presented itself. They also had the stones to take the risk and cope with inevitable failure.