Posts by TheSystem

CK also says something that I am not 100% clear on later in this video around 8:20 mark.

What he says makes me think that if you know or have not changed the original Gain value of a Kemper profile, it can be easily converted to a Liquid Profile. He says 'reference amp' though but then later he says it is possible for a 'model' that does not exist yet. So when he says 'reference amp,' I think he MIGHT mean profile? Dunno I sure hope so. If this is true as well then the # of amp profiles needed just went down.

I can 100% clearly see why 3rd party profilers would not be so gung ho about it. No market to sell LPs of existing profiles. Or new LPs might only be on profile per amp like I think Michael_dk mentioned.

Am I the only one who sees it this way or should I put down the crack pipe :)

Ok so here is what I remember.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Around around 7:20 mark.

So I am with Ruefus when said he was looking forward to "the gain knob sounding better when increasing gain" based on what CK says in this video.

I hope this is true cuz if so then that effin' (and every other version of that word) ROCKS!

In my humble opinion.

I recommend watching what he says leading up to the timestamp I noted to get more context.

That's just guessing. ;)

But you bring up another point that was omitted in the HW/Britt video. Did they adjust the gain to show how much better the gain knob will sound when increasing it? Maybe they just forgot the significant stuff? ^^

I will have to go to back re-watch CKs video but I seem to recall that he said something to the effect that with LPs, the gain knob will react more like the real gain knob of the amp.

I hope my memory has not failed me here because that is what has me hoping that LP will be worth the wait.

the reference manual refers to the actual hardware.

I was looking in the USB Audio Section starting at p. 131 of the Main Manual 9.0.

"In the Rig Manager software Amp recording is active as long as Reamping is inactive. "

I see the change you describe on my Kemper display when I toggle Reampingbetween Actve/Inactive.

Thanks

Brian

This is all good but where the heck is this?

"Select “Amp Recording” on the “USB Audio” page in the Output Section and select “Profiler” as the audio destination

in your PC settings"

I do not see a "USB Audio" page in RM or under System on my Rack. I figure it should be in RM since the sentence before it says:

"If you have already been using Rig Manager for Windows® or macOS®, just use the USB cable connecting the USB

type B socket of the PROFILER with your PC. Rig Manager can communicate simultaneously, but it is not a
    prerequisite for USB audio."

I see USB Reamping in the Output section in RM not Amp Recording.

Thanks

Brian

Since you have access to this recording maybe this will work.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I know it is YT and compressed but maybe this will get close?

Brian

This helps immensely. I have tried some Fender and Marshall profiles. I will try the ones you noted from RE.

I have been using a late 80s Strat Ultra Plus and an early 90s Tele Plus. Both have Lace Sensor which may be an issue. I have also a 90s MIM Tele with stock PuPs that I will try when I string it up. We are moving and I packed up my strings. Ooops! So I am awaiting for some to arrive.

I also tried my late 80s RG-770. The real amps I tried (most are packed now) are an early 80s JCM 4210 Combo. I can get a great edge of breakup sound on it. Peavey VTM60. It might boil down the the PuPs. Oh I tried my 85 MIJ Fernandes too.

I gotta say that the fuzz I built on a Carvin Legacy profile I got from RE and my Ibanez sound amazing together.

Thanks for the help

Brian

Kaschko

Congrats on the tone. What profiles would you recommend to achieve this sound? I am playing with a Fuzz I built with Silicone. I am getting some decent sounds but my real amps are more on the high gain side.

Thanks

Brian

maybe for this reason? dunno though.

Hi Pre-Amp,

Right now I am using a USB to MIDI interface only because ATM I do not have an audio interface with a fully functioning MIDI interface. Yeah my $2k+ Lynx Aurora has MIDI ports but they do not support MIDI but are there for file updates and such.

I plan to buy a cheap Focusrite and use it when I am ready to get back out there.

What I have is similar to this.

https://www.amazon.com/VicTsin…ard-Adapter/dp/B00ACGMOA6

It is finnicky but at least allows me to experiment.

Yes MidiMonitor is a plugin.

I guess the ease depends on how complicated you want to make it :)

But for what I plan to do, it is pretty easy.

Brian

"Boy I am kicking myself. I was seeing the Wah Manual in Rig Manager move when I press play in Reaper as it should move. Like a dummy I made the huge mistake of assuming that all works correctly. That is when I send CC messages from Reaper that Rig Manager would update to reflect the changes. Not good. Since it doesn't."

Well this seems to be working now. Not sure why it was not updating initially but now RM shows the changes.

Boy I am kicking myself. I was seeing the Wah Manual in Rig Manager move when I press play in Reaper as it should move. Like a dummy I made the huge mistake of assuming that all works correctly. That is when I send CC messages from Reaper that Rig Manager would update to reflect the changes. Not good. Since it doesn't.

I finally got the bright idea to look over my shoulder at the actual Kemper 3 feet away from me to see it changing like it should.

I wonder if this is a bug or WAD? Working as designed. I do not know if what I am trying is officially supported by Kemper or not.

Does anyone know?

Also one thing you want to do in Reaper is load midiMonitor 1.3 on the MIDI track. I was using JS MIDI logger prior and it is not so great.

midiMonitor displays the data beautifully. You can see the Hex as well as the CC info.

This is from midiMonitor 1.3.

B0 2F 00 Ch.1 CC #47 (), Value: 0

B0 63 00 Ch.1 CC #99 (Non-registered Parameter (coarse)), Value: 0

B0 62 00 Ch.1 CC #98 (Non-registered Parameter (fine)), Value: 0

B0 2F 03 Ch.1 CC #47 (), Value: 3

B0 31 00 Ch.1 CC #49 (), Value: 0

B0 2F 00 Ch.1 CC #47 (), Value: 0

B0 63 00 Ch.1 CC #99 (Non-registered Parameter (coarse)), Value: 0

B0 62 00 Ch.1 CC #98 (Non-registered Parameter (fine)), Value: 0

B0 2F 03 Ch.1 CC #47 (), Value: 3

B0 31 00 Ch.1 CC #49 (), Value: 0

This tools make it a breeze to compare what Reaper is sending to the Profiler MIDI Parameter Documentation found here at the bottom.

https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads/5/User-Manuals

Brian