Posts by TheSystem

I wanted to add another video link that helped me some as well.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yes please. I have been looking into this and have realised that I'm pretty MIDI ignorant. Cant even program a preset change.

If you could point me in the right direction, I'd be grateful. I need "Reaper-Kemper for dummies" ! =O

I am still learning.

Basically what I did was to create a new Track in Reaper and insert a MIDI item on it. Then I dragged the right side of the MIDI item to make it longer to get the length I wanted and then glued it.

I doubled clicked the MIDI item to open it in the MIDI editor. From there I clicked the icon at the top on the left (3rd from left for me) to open the Event list. I then added CC99 with a value of 53 and CC98 with the value of 8 to select stomp D (53) of my loaded Performance and 8 to edit the Wah Manual parameter. After I went back into the Piano Roll view by clicking the icon on the top left.

I went to the measure where I wanted to start controlling the Wah Manual setting in Reaper and on the bottom left I added under More (CC0-31 14-Bit) a 06/38 Data Entry 14-bit point. Then I want back to the Event list and edited the 06/38 I just added to make it Linear. The Linear setting is what I talked about earlier. It defaults to Square.

Then back to Piano roll where I copied and pasted the first 06/38 Data Entry 14-bit point to the next measure (or where ever you want it.) Then I positioned each point where one was low and the other high and copied them and pasted them along the next measures.

Moving them up or down sets the data value. If you back to the Event lists, you will see this.

It is easier than all that text looks.

Now I am fooling around with trying to scroll through Slots in a Performance.

Let me know if that makes and sense.

Good luck.

Brian

Drained it!

As I mentioned turning on/off effects was working and was easy to do. Where I hit a snag was that I was not setting the CC Shape correctly for my data. It defaults to Square.

I added a few Data Entry 14-Bit (6/38)s in Reaper's MIDI Event List and then changed the CC Shape to linear. Once I had them where I wanted them in my session (measures) I copied and pasted in the Piano Roll view at the bottom.

I HTH someone who may have this question someday.

Brian

Hi

I do not own an expression pedal yet and was trying to do something like this using Reaper.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Is there a tutorial for this anywhere? i am able to do some basic stuff like turning effects on and off.

I am not sure how to do things like control the wah like 49s in the video.

I have gone through the Profiler MIDI Parameter Documentation a couple of times.

I am slowly getting my head around. I am well versed in Hex since I come from an engineering background.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Brian

Thanks Alan.

Any idea if what I am talking about might be on a road map? IMO what you are describing allows me to modify existing presets and save them as new presets. While technically this allows me to create new effects presets, they are based on existing effect presets provided by Kemper. This makes me wonder if there are any 3rd party effects presets on the market. I will look on the Googles.

I have been doing what you describe and it works.

I just have some pedals that I modded that I really like that I thought would be cool have in my Kemper.

Thanks again for the help.

Brian

I am looking to do something similar but with my Tube Driver. I am not seeing much specifically on effect profiling. I only want to profile the effect and save it as an effect preset so I can load it in front of an amp profile.

It has been a while since I did any profiling since there are so many out there of my amps and that sound great. To do what I want to do, do I follow the steps for a DI profile and then am I able to save it as an effect preset vs a rig (kipr)?

Or if someone can point me to where this is documented that would be great. I went through the manual and quick start but did not see what I wanted. Maybe my search was not right. I did not see a video on it either.

Sorry to hijack the thread but when I tried to start a new thread, the site led me to a few existing threads and this was the closest to what I wanted to do.

Thanks

Brian

Someone mentioned that the first one is WAD (Working As Designed). Maybe. I see this behavior as well. I have been marking Rigs as Favorites and then using the mouse or Up/Down arrows to get around it. Oddly enough if I a Rig pissed me off and is no longer a Fav, I can Shift F to remove it and then go about business as usual. I would expect that if it is necessary to store a Fav and keep it marked, the opposite would be true to un-mark it.

I did not try with comments.

Brian

I have been having pretty good luck with RM 3.0 so far. However when I run it, my pc seems 'laggy' in that my mouse hangs and the PC just sluggish with RM 3.0 running. Once I close RM, my pc acts how I expect it should.

The PC is a has an X99-A/USB 3.1 MoBo. w/ an Intel i7-5820K 32 GB RAM I built about 2 years ago.

I set the Windows Compatibility mode to Win 7 and I no longer see this issue.

I looked in the manual and did not see anything about this. Are there some tweaks I should be doing that I missed? Like Run As Administrator or whatever...?

Thanks

Brian

If you spent a bit more time in the Download section rather than this thread, you might be surprised!! Different layout than at the NAMM show?

ok so we now know where the pic of the now defunct Kemper 'editor' came from.

so in the spirit this K2K 3.0 Thread, where did you get the picture of the cat? that about knocked me off of my chair. funny as hell.

I own a kemper, but for all the people who think it's sooo great , It would be even better if one could get around more easily,

If it would directly sell more units, a good editor would have been done already. Although a good tool, kemper it is Not the end all be all!

How many here have only a kemper ?

i have many many amps including a Mesa Dual Rec Tremoverb, and early 80s JSM800, a Peavey JTM60, Peavey Ultra 60, a Carvin Legacy, H&K Statesmen. I sold a 66 BF Fender Showman to help fund the Kemper.

i now use the Kemper more than any of them. i modeled my Carvin and it turned out great. i have found several free profiles that can do the others amps i have great also. i plan to sell a few more amps soon.

i am looking forward to the editor but ToastMe does what i need now. i am still pretty new to the Kemper but i love it. it is one my top 3 of favorite purchases including Jamstix (#1) and Reaper.

ToastME won’t (and as I understand it can’t be made to) work with OS7 due to changes Kemper made to the S/W.

I have only started using ToastME within the last month. I never knew it existed until 209523 posts ago in this thread. Well hell it is more like a comfy pair of jeans now. Anyway I never used every function or feature of it before I upgraded to the last OS on my Kemper. But I have used it in the same capacity since I upgraded a few days ago. So it works in some capacity still.

If you want to know what still works, don't ask me, I don't know, know, know...

4) If you bought one on the perceived promise or thought that it had one, do your research before.

I did finally make the leap to buy a Kemper because of #4 (the first half at least since I did look into it.) Not sure why you called it a 'perceived promise' though as I fully expect that there is going to be an RM3 with the editing functionality. Also not clear on what research you mean. That it did not have an Editor? If that is what you meant then I agree, people who bought a Kemper expecting that it had one without looking into should have known better.

Again I do not see it as perceived promise though. We will get it when it is ready.

You guys are sorely missing out if you’ve never tried any of the Universal Audio stuff. It is eons above everything else I’ve got (Waves, Overloud, Neural).

i have several UAD plugins but never bought any of the amp models they have after demoing. Most likely because I am a cheapskate and only have a Duo and a Quad.

i did eventually (P.K.) buy the BX version of the Chandler as well as their Rock Rack. Mesa, Bassman amps. i got most of them for less than $29 or almost free with a voucher.

P.K.=PreKemper :)

IIRC the UAD and the BX Chandler are the same. it is nice IMO.

My forum, RE and google searches came up empty.

Are there any free or 3rd party Shaw Amp profiles available? Something like a Full Tilt 18 or 30.

Thanks

Brian