Posts by TheSystem

Hi Everyone

I did some DI profiles a few months back of my Carvin Legacy. I did a clean and a dirty profile. I uploaded them on RE. If someone wants to try them out and let me know what you think, they are called:

PBB - Carvin Legacy 100

PBB - Carvin Legacy 100 Cln

or you can find them by Author TheSystem

I use IRs with these. To me they sound like my Carvin do when I run my Suhr Reactive Load into my DAW.

The chain I used to profile them was:

Carvin Legacy>Suhr Reactive Load>Kemper. I may have had a GTQ2 in between the SRL and the Kemper. I did these quite a while ago.

Brian

PS. I have many other amps I could profile but they all exist in some form already on RE or through Profile providers.

Not saying it is Supported or on the list but I have been using an M-Audio Audiophile 192 for last 4 or 5 days since I found out that ToastMe even existed.

No issues so far. It worked right from the start.

Everyone wants - except those, who don't want and try persuade others, that editor is not needed ;)

By the way, have you tried community editor by one of our members, DamianGreda ? Here is the thread about it - and here is direct download link

Download, unzip, run it, select your midi device from MIDI option in menu and you're good to go!

skoczy

thanks for turning me onto ToastMe. i wish i had noticed the that thread earlier.

i got it now and it is working.

brian

Hi,

I was just prompted to install Rig Manager 2.3 but it says it requires Profiler Software 7.0 or above:

About Rig Manager 2.3

Features and changes in this version (2.3.1):

- Important: this version requires Profiler Software 7.0 or above!!!

- Added Preset management

- Improved USB link with Profiler

I am on 6.0.0.14574 Release and I do not see version 7 as a download.

I am fairly new to Kemper. Am I confusing software? Where do I get version 7.0? Will updating the Rig Manager then update my Kemper to 7.0?

Thanks for the help

Brian

Not whining here BUT the NAMM anouncement in Jan WAS what helped me make the final decision to buy the Kemper. I have and still use the Suhr and IRs and get tones I am very happy with.

I am looking forward to its release. I am also enjoying a great summer and playing the hell out of my kemper.

Being in Europe, an Axe fx is a bit pricey and I don't know anyone with one. The Kemper effects are beyond what I ever though necessary for a guitar and more importantly very creative .

I think the release was loosely set for summer and most likely to come as soon as I am away without my Kemper:-)

Karlic

Shouldn't you be heading off for a holiday already instead of wasting time on this forum? You deserve a break :)

Brian

alphaking

i just found your profiles and wanted to say thanks for all of your hard work and for sharing. after some simple tweaking, i am getting some terrific tones from these.

i have had my kemper for a few months now and love it.

brian

Not sure what forum to post this but I wanted to share what I think is a somewhat funny story but is really a testament to how good the Kemper is...

I have just started doing some profiling. I got my Kemper last week. After doing a few variations of the same amp, I hit standby on the amp and for about 5-10s I could not figure out why I could still hear my amp (I was playing the guitar just after I this standby) even though I put it on standby.

Doh!

This is an amp I bought new around 1989 so I know how this amp sounds and I seriously was dumbfounded (fooled really) for a few seconds.

I could not tell the difference. What a technological wonder this Kemper is.

Brian

If you've spent any time at all playing through traditional amps, the first instinct is to compare what you hear from the Kemper with what you're used to hearing when standing in front of your tube amps....

Chris did a great job explaining this. There is another explanation that I just found in the Addendum in case any noob like me wants to read more about it.

In this section starting page 56:

PURE CABINET (or "how to cure a decades-old sound disease")

Brian

Chris

Thanks for the great advice. I sort of went through this when I got my SRL. The Amp in the Room vs how a mic'd up cab sounds. Pete Thorn did a video on it.

I found a lot of great ones yesterday in Rig Manager's Factory Rig Packs.

I plan to do a Direct Profile of my Carvin Legacy today and do the side by side thing.

I want my wife to hear how great this thing really is since she suggested I get it. Yeah she's that awesome!

Brian

so far this thing is sounding great. the first few profiles i went through got me nervous.

i have since found several awesome sounds in the Free Rig Packs that are in the unit.

many of amps i own like Carvin Legacy TS100, Mesa Dual Rec, JCM800, Peavey flavors (I have an Ultra 60 I bought new around 90) and a VTM60, 66 BF Showman. ...

I also have an H&K Statesman 6L6. I need to find some profiles for that one.

once i stumbled amps i own or have owned, the nerves went away.

i have been using a SRL which i plan to keep for doing direct profiles if i find i need to and just to have since i love it.

one thing i have noticed is that some dirty profiles do not clean up as nice when i roll back the volume. might just be the way that particular works. now that i write this, i am going to go back to some of the amps i own profiles and see they do when i lower the volume pot.

off to have more fun.

Hi HavenHearse

Welcome. I am new as well. Looking forward to getting mine next week.

I have always been a tube guy too. I did finally try 'the other brands' but none ever sounded right to me. I am still a tube guy but cannot wait to my Kemper in my home studio. What an awesome tool it will be to have.

Brian

Hey Everyone

I finally decided to get a Kemper. I have been considering it for ages now. I ordered it last Friday Mar 8 (8 days ago.) It was on back order. It will not be here until Wednesday the 20th.

So now I am torturing myself with anticipation after going through the forums, watching how to videos, making room for it in my rack and all that. Selling stuff in my studio to help make my wife happy.

Seems like the more I read and watch the more excited I get and I still have DAYS until I get my hands on it.

Oh well at least I should have a good grasp on it by then.

Do any of you folks name your Kemper? If so, what? I have to figure out a cool name for mine.

Oh I am new and wanted to say "Hello."

Signed

"Waiting patiently and waking up in the wee hours of the night to read more about the Kemper."

Brian