Posts by pippopluto

the noise gate in the input section is only global when you lock it. Once the input section is unlocked you can have different values of the Noise gate in every rig.

And this is its very weak point IMO: if I lock the Input so that CS and DS are preserved for my guitar(s), then I have to use a fixed value of the NG - which makes little sense IME, since the main source of noise is a distorted amp and not my guitar.
    It would be great if there was a flag allowing the user to include or not NG in the locking of the Input section, in order to save an effect slot.

Would you forward this request to devs?
    Thanks in advance!

Valuable!
    I practised gong fu, and am currently a performance couch.

Happy music :)

There are several things contributing to the overall performance, and I believe some other chips (I/O for example) have bee upgraded (Double Loop, Saving... IIGIR can't just be a matter of fw).
    If they said the main CPU is the same as before I see no reason to believe they are laying ;)

Sorry for hearing your troubles! I feel you so much... :/

When you are (hopefully soon) good to go, you might try and use the 11R just as a "buffer", deactivating any internal sound processing (a blank preset?).

Let us know when you're riding back!

IMO and IME, a Global (locked) NOise Gate makes little sense, since with the gear I use most noise comes from a distorted profile's amp section, not from the guitar.
    Having said that, general rule is that if you so not lock the Input each rig will carry its own settings for the whole Input section :)
    HTH

You have all options in OS 7.0 and Rig Manager 2.3. You can sort presets by category or type and just pick the once you want to import into your PROFILER.

Thanks, appreciate that :)
    Wouldn't it be a good thing to leave the reverbs and delays packs available online for those who do not want to run Betas? They would then be removed when 7 goes Release.
    :)

Hey samgren, welcome here :)
    IME, an FRFR cab is more than just adding a cone to an envelope: the cabinet's size, proportions, internal shape, insulation etc affect the response and all the above must fit the loudspeaker's global response in order for the final result to be linear and transparent.
    In this respect, I'd strongly advise against swapping an active FRFR cab's transducer with anything else: they have carefully chosen components in order to flatten the cab's response.

From what you wrote, I'd wait for an original Kabinet (but it will be passive at first, they said), or go for a GRFR kind of cab (such as an LG12 by Red Sound), which will be a great compromise (the punch of a guitar cabinet but more linearity, so you can keep the Cabinet section of your KPA on) and will more easily return the "amp in the room" you are after.

HTH :)

I cannot run the interface for Bias without setting the 11R to Reamp to stop the 11R signal from sounding in ProTools, because, if I don't, I cannot hear the sound of the Inserts/plugins from Bias I am not getting just the "Guitar In" signal, I am getting the rig in the 11R.

This is because you were using the 11R as a sound generator tho, isn't it?
    It might be much easier to just have it interfacing the KPA with the computer?
    Hope that's the case :)