Posts by pippopluto

Basically, what you are requiring is a convolution reverb.
    I like the idea, altho I suspect there's not enough CPU power/memory for executing one.

OTOH, convolution reverbs are usually used in DAWS rather than in digital modelling...

As a side note: if we are talking about small rooms (like in a house), then you already have one: your own room.

There was some talk a long time ago about implementing that, I have no idea what came from it!

(From the first post in this thread, I did get the impression Greg was asking about simple presets for the existing EQ, just as shortcuts to quickly get in the ballpark of a certain sound image. Maybe it's a semantics thing: I think of "presets" as nothing deeper than pre-saved combinations of certain settings...)

Well, re-reading it it seems truth is in between.
    "Different Amp EQ Types or, at east, some presets taken from real amps"...
    where, of course, the tone controls mimic the interactive behaviour of their real counterparts.

:)

Not getting into the rest of the discussion, but I want to point out that the Kemper already has EQ presets for a lot of classic amps. Just long-press the EQ button, then turn the Browse knob to see the list. They're coded in the usual way to avoid trademark infringement ("Fan" = Fender, "Mars" = Marshall etc.).

Those are handy, but of course this is not what we are discussing here: the OP (and many of us of course) is after the stack to respond like the original amps, not after an EQ setting ;)

This is exactly what I'm saying

Yep MM, responding to the OP ;)

however when I said this the OP said

Yep, I am following ;)

pippoloto

... now this is nice, actually X)

I use the EQ at will, and TBH just care about the final results.
    I tend to think of it for what it is, that is a Studio, 3-band graphic EQ (plus Presence).

I must be missing something from the OP, because when working with a linear cab (and not a guitar cab) I hear no "sameness" in different profiles, unless they are clean, and use the same (the profiled one) cab and mic. If they sound the same,of course, it's because the profiled rigs sounded the same.

So if I apply a linear filter (KPA's EQ) to differently-sounding profiles how can I get any "sameness"? 8|

Anyway, you might know that the EQ on the KPA can be placed pre- or post-amp; this makes a huge difference, specially on the distorted tones.

HTH :)

I have tried all of the de tuning options and it still sounds warbly and like a 12 string guitar

Are you sure your volume level is high enough to not let you hear the guitar itself while playing? This happens more often that expected and could lead to the symptoms you describe indeed :)

For each Stomp or Effect that you want to be always available just long press the corresponding button on the Kemper, then press the Lock button.

When you do that they stay the same regardless of which profile you're using. If you have the remote you can then assign them to buttons on the remote so you can turn them on and off that way. ??

Ad you can just lock the Stomp and Effects section as two... wholes, no need to lock each single slot.

I experience random glitches as well. I am afraid that the new code will not reduce the number of bugs tho.
    I wish they had rewritten code from scratch, but I doubt this is the case.

It seems inconsistencies may derive from the many ways you can have RM and KPA interacting. I wonder whether there are operations the user is - as a matter of fact - able to perform that should not be allowed?

Yep, I am aware of them; those are just profiles tho, they don't seem to apply the BR effect on your guitar... or at least you can't dose the effect specifically for your acoustic...

Chances are the KPA can't properly profile BodyRez... I have never tried a BR profile that gave me the effect of the hardware.

I really believe it would be an extraordinary option for acoustic players.

Atomic Amps is apparently not producing their passive CLRs any longer, but i'd look for a (pair of) second-hand one)s).
    Best FRFR concept on the market I am aware of for the prize.

HTH :)

Thanks everyone for your opinions :)

I have some wound by a guy who has a few Pafs he bases his on. They are great. They have that growl and sweetness that I love in paf pickups. The best I have ever tried in 20 something years. He doesn't have a buisness yet, he winds for a few people here and there, word of mouth although he is thinking about offering them in small batches soon through a website, his price is good but I don't know what he will sell them for when he offers them. Has done some work for some notable artists. I got his email from someone respectable and took a chance. Now, pretty much all my guitars have his pickups. Remember his name Polar Llera. He's from Florida.

Thanks BB, but I am not sure what to do with this piece of information :D

if there are so many variations of the PAF sound, what are the characteristics of the PAF sound in general?

Yep, it would of course be quite hard to determine "the" PAF sound. I believe tho that LPs from 1957 have something in common (granted, lutherie matters as well).

Quite weak as a hint, but better than nothing :)

What are in your experience the PUs that best represent the classic '57 PAF sound?
    I've been told that the PUs that currently equip the LPs are more modern and basically different.

OTOH, original PAFs from the '60s are very expensive and those from the '90s seem to be the worst in terms of manufacturing (or so I've gathered).

What would you look at for a real '57 LP's tone and feel nowadays?

An interesting thread indeed, for many reasons.

We are like veering towards a philosophic discussion, but this is somehow misleading.

Let's try and establish some outcomes:

• Many users find this feature useful;
    • Most users have no idea about how complex implementing it would be;
    • Apparently, it would be more complex than most users think;
    • Apparently, most resistances by Devs to implement the feature are related to how "expensive" it would be Vs. their perceived convenience.

OTOH, I believe things should be made clearer and simpler.

This is a features request thread. While it's great that Devs investigate in order to understand userbase's needs and approaches to the KPA, and suggest alternative options, the discussion just ceases to make sense beyond a certain threshold: it's up to Devs to determine whether the requested feature is worth being implemented or not (both in terms of costs and KAOS' appeal increase/saleability). Trying any harder to convince the users that the request makes no sense above a point starts to sound weird.

Opinions can be discusses up to a point, beyond which it is not constructive/useful any longer. Thinking for example of the inversion of the Up/Down switches on the Remote, that has been requested (or has at least raised perplexities on several forums on the Net) by literally hundreds (if not thousands) of users in the years: it is clear that, after a while, discussing about the reasons why it's this way and not the other makes no sense: I just know that every time I use those switches my brain has to devote a thread to the operation itself, b/c I have to recall the notion that it's the other way round that my spontaneous approach.
    I won't certainly dismiss the Remote just because of this, even tho it doesn't work in a way that makes sense to me :)

Not sure what are you referring to, but the BROWSE knob will show recently loaded preset, which this request is about. Could you explain more "what it never shows"?

Browse is useful to check the last used preset only. If you load a certain preset in rig A and then another preset in rig B, the information about what preset was used for Rig A will not be shown by the Browse knob.

Hope this clarifies :)

I still don't understand what the reference to the original preset would help you with.

As I have written in the thread I linked, it is a reference point specially for those effect where

• lots of parameters are available;
    • the sonic result may vastly vary depending on parameters' values;
    • there's (this is a real issue for me at least) no way to tell it from the way it sounds;
    • it' not trivial to tweak by ear in order to try and match a sound.

User may want to use similiar effect in different RIG. Of course he can use LOCK function or copy/paste function.

Yep, Copy is always available. OTOH, it's of no use when for example

• you want to restart from scratch with tweaking a preset you have worked on hours/days ago (so Undo would not be available) because you liked its original sound but you feel you're not going in the right direction;
    • You want to have the original preset as a reference point and want all your sounds to move around a certain family of sounds, i.e. to be variations of the same "mother".

I have a band where I use rigs with 2-3 delays and 1-2 revs, and while each rig sounds different I am trying to keep a certain sound consistency, and feel that referring to a same preset is part of that.
    For a new song, I'd like to know what I've used in other rigs, so that I can start from the same basic sound every time.
    Hope this makes sense :)

Parameters could be modified to an extent, that this statement "based on preset A" is meaningless or even misleading.

True.
    We have already discussed this in the other thread tho: it doesn't seem an outcome that would render the option useless (see above).

You can delete presets, you will be able to modify and replace presets or rename presets in OS 7.0. Rigs can be shared without "their" presets. So, this message "based on presets A" could lead into the woods

Right. it might not, tho. If a specific preset is not on the device the feature would be less immediately useful, but I could nevertheless be able to retrieve it from a backup or from a colleague, if I knew what to search for.

Hope this makes sense.

the comment field comes to mind, you can easily fill this info in using Rig Manager

True.

With 3 delays and 2 revs for each rig this is quite a demanding and long task tho. And, things would need to be edited every time the user changes their mind about what to use.

Hope this makes sense.