Posts by deadman42

Welcome, have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper. Sounds like the fun is already going on, very good! Enjoy this incredible machine as much as most of us here do :thumbup: 8)

Great stuff you posted here in the last days Joe, pretty interesting and - as usual when it comes from you - very well played, recorded and especially mixed. Love that sound vibe! Sorry, couldn't comment much in the last days, busy time in my life.

Keep it up Joe! :thumbup: 8)

Welcome, have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper. Sounds like the fun is already going on, very good! Enjoy this incredible machine as much as most of us here do :thumbup: 8)

Fühlt bzw. hört sich der Kemper leise tatsächlich gut an?

Ja und nein!

Ja, der Kemper klingt wenn man das richtig macht in allen Lautstärken "sehr gut".

Nein, die Gesetze der Physik kann auch der Kemper nicht außer Kraft setzen, d.h. das Gefühl der bewegten Luft durch die voll aufgerissene Endstufe wie oben beschrieben kannst du bei leiser Lautstärke nicht genau so haben. Dabei spielt es aber aus meiner Sicht keine Rolle ob das ein Röhrenamp oder ein adäquat verstärkter Kemper ist. Dazu kommen beim leisen spielen, auch geräteunabhängig, noch psychoakustische Effekte, bspw. der Fletcher-Munson Effekt.

Wenn du Sicherheit willst, wie du es empfinden wirst hilft dir nur ausprobieren. Da kann dir mit solchen Posts hier niemand abnehmen...

Du bist auf dem richtigen Weg mit deinen Gedanken! Ist absolut kein Geschwafel denn du hast gut beschrieben, was viele von uns Gitarristen (und sicher auch hier im Forum) in den letzten Jahren erlebt haben (kleinere Bühnen, Lautstärke muss runter, gewohntes Besteck wie 4x12er usw. sind oversized). Für mich gilt: Kemper is it! Ich vermisse nichts seit ich ihn seit ein paar Jahren umfänglich nutze... die Umstellung vom dicken Röhrenamp dauert eine gewisse Zeit aber danach ist es einfach nur gut!

Als dritte Möglichkeit käme auch ein Kemper Stage in Verbindung mit dem Kemper Kabinet in Betracht. Dann wäre ich nicht mehr von der Monitorbox abhängig, die ja immer anders klingen kann und ich könnte zu hause in Ruhe an den Sounds feilen und wäre von allem drum rum unabhängig.

Sehr gute Variante. Macht dich unabhängig und funktioniert super. Denk daran mit dem Stage ein aktives Kabinet (mit Endstufe) anzupeilen. Sonst brauchst du eine extra Endstufe (Platzbedarf!).

Als zweites käme in Betracht den Kemper Stage über einen 2-Kanal Mischer an eine aktive Monitorbox zu hängen.

Mache ich auch, geht schon auch ganz gut, ist aber stärker abhängig von der jeweiligen Monitorbox und den Lautstärkemöglichkeiten. Du brauchst ehre keinen extra Mixer dafür, da die Ausgänge des Kemper wunderbar unabhängig konfiguriert und gesteuert werden können. Da geht ganz vieles ohne extra Equipment.

@Mods, sorry for German here. You might want to move it into the local forum once Newby2024 can read there. Thanks!

Some time ago I approached the guitar player of a really great cover band which was playing at our company's summer party. He had a Kemper on stage and I asked him during a break what profiles he's using. He looked at me sooooooo puzzled and super surprised. Very nice conversation then and he admitted he never had something like that before - because audiences simply do not care if they are not very full of musicians (or even full of guitar players). So it is probably a bit different on music fairs or similar.

By the way: The answer to the profile questions was nice and along the lines of "uh... wait... not exactly sure... some 69 Marshall profile that sounds good and came with that box...". Needless to say he sounded perfect that night :)

Indeed that works for microphones which do not need phantom power of 48V, i.e. any condensers. This is what the Kemper can not deliver. All the rest works like a charm. I do use my SPL Track One Channelstrip to form the mic signal with slight compression, de-essing and some EQ and then route it to the input (and sometimes to the return). That is pretty clean and uncolored sound then :thumbup: 8)

If you want some coloration on top you can as Kellerblues said use some profiles from RigExchange which were made with Avalon, Neve and other consoles or preamps (or their emulations). Search for author "Downfall Studio" and you'll find a handful which worked well for me.

Couldn't agree more, Alan. Very well said. But that truth is quite uncomfortable sometimes due to human nature ;)

...and by the way as well true for "the best 20 free VSTs" to be added to your DAW so that you finally can create the pro mix 8o