Posts by deadman42

I patched in the Kemper as an outboard effect in Cubase, and Cubase measured the latency and compensated (as it does).

Which I do exactly the same way, see my post above. Nevertheless I do not have the phenomenon you describe. If I record DI/Stack on two tracks and then reamp the DI track with the exact profile I get exactly the same "wet" track. And if the latency compensation did the job well they are so well aligned that they eliminate each other if I flip the phase of one "wet" track. Silence then. Perfect for me.

So what goes wrong where? :/

Constant latency can indeed be important. The magic is to introduce the Kemper into your DAW as an outboard gear, e.g. for me as an external effect in Cubase. When setting this up you can let the DAW measure the overall latency of the whole chain: Going out from DAW to Kemper, processing in Kemper, sending back to DAW. Now once this latency is figured out the DAW will automatically align the tracks exactly when this is used for reamping :thumbup: 8)

If "Constant Latency" would be disabled then the measured value would only be true for the particular rig and settings. Again you'd have phasing then.

Yes, I know, not all DAWs do offer that latency adjustment for external gear. But the better ones do!

And yes, you can reamp without that but then, exactly as musicmad wrote it, you'll need to manually align the tracks to make sure you do not run in phasing issues.

Welcome, have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper. Sounds like the fun is already going on, very good! Enjoy this incredible machine as much as most of us here do :thumbup: 8)

Not whiny at all. Relevant point when you start to explore the machine. As Kellerblues said, ASIO4ALL is the go to solution at the moment until the official ASIO drivers from Kemper arrive.

Is going XLR-> the focusrite going to give me everything the kemper has to offer?

Yes. Absolutely no difference in the features you can listen to. Many people here will tell you as well that there is no way to distinguish if the sound was transferred digitally or analogue via the XLRs. On the Kemper side those have an incredible quality, it's rather about your Scarlett preamps then which depend a bit on the generation of the interface. For convenience reasons I am in the digital camp as well, using SPDIF, but all recorded tones I heard via XLR were pretty, pretty good. Others might chime in here...

Welcome, have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper. Sounds like the fun is already going on, very good! Enjoy this incredible machine as much as most of us here do :thumbup: 8)

You're in the right camp now! Less time and hassle with lugging around heavy stuff but more time for creativity and joy while playing! Enjoy!

I'm sure the MAC folks here in that super friendly forum will take care of your question :)

Well said. And interestingly a good song - which is attractive and well conducted - can benefit from stereo or whatever else. But it remains a good song. Even in mono. And more sophisticated approaches like quadro or the 5.1 sound on some concert DVDs... did that really materialize as the next step and goto level? Not really. Good songs matter 8)

Lovely drum groove Per, and the drum sound is very cool. Mix sounds pretty good to me with exception of the heavy guitars, too squeaky for me. In parts with clean guitars it has super glue in the mix... :thumbup: 8)

Good stuff Larry. I like the dry sound, it is pretty transparent, I can hear all instruments well in the mix. Nice breaks as well, that makes it more lively than some of your (much) older tunes :thumbup: 8)

to be honest I don't like the drum, .. sounds a bit Outside the rest of the band, ..not not referring to Timing (it's fine) I sounds ..in another room.

This! Too far in the background and not united with the rest of the instruments. It's a bit of a guitarist's mix...

Freqout stuff sounds pretty nice! Also how it is positioned in the mix.

Congrats on the new Tele. You've been waiting way long enough for that one now. Good to see/hear that it inspires you! :thumbup: 8)