Aloha...going down the rabbit hole!

• Aloha from sunny Hawaii. Been playing since the 70s, started seriously gigging over 15 years ago. All kinds of amps, starting with Fenders, then Ampegs, Vox, Mesa, Orange, Two Rock. Pedals? My current board has 15 pedals with two power bricks underneath...40 pounds of tones. We do 80s 90s + alt rock, I use 'em all. I have 3 always on pedals on top of my amp too. Our current house gig the past 2 years, has a steep 20 steps up and down. I used to lug my Two Rock head and oversize cab, pedalboard, gear bag and stuff up and down, 4 trips one way. I'll be 69 next week, and that got old fast! Bought my first solid state amp, Quilter UK... 20 pounds! Got it down to 2 trips one way and my knees, hips and back could tolerate that. I went from 'gotta have that sweet tube tone' to...that's good enough. Took a lot of tweaking but got a very decent tone. I saw a friend of mine using a Kemper. He was getting some real nice tones. It was still a head (toaster) and Kemper Kab, but he had no pedals, only that simple, and light-weight board! I was thinking about it and found Kemper makes the Stage...amps and all the pedals, in one 10 pound package! My brain, and body said this is the future! I 'aint getting younger! Watched a lot of videos, just amazing. But this is like a foreign language/rocket science to this old tube amp/pedal geezer. My friends are helping me out, but already hit a stumbling block. I have a new Mac, but I can't get any rig on Rig Manager to the Profiler Stage. I updated rig manager (3.5.15) but it says Profiler needs an update. Rig Manger shows all 3 'My Profiler' with the Yellow Triangles !!!. I did a search, but could not find any info on how I can update my Profiler. I'll post this question unless someone has an answer for me here.

Looking forward to a new year of killer tones and effects, and one trip up and down those damn stairs! Aloha. Brian 8o

• bmi_100 Hello and Welcome ✌️

It sound's like you have a really nice amp and pedalboard collection.😉

But also congratulations to your kemper 👌

Have you a new profiler or used one?

Are you in Browser Mode or Performance Mode?

Can you do anything else in Rig Manager which has an effect to the profiler or is absolutely nothing happend? (For example, try to load a Rig from Rig Exchange and see if it's load up into the kemper.)

If this is the case, i would try another cable between your Mac and profiler.

When you have Rig Manager open and click on "Rig Manager" in the menu bar you can also check for updates. Normally this brings you a window, asking if you want to update your profiler too.

Kemper Stage - Macbook Air 2017 - macOS Catalina 10.15.7 - Logic Pro X

• Welcome, have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper. Sounds like the fun is already going on, very good! Enjoy this incredible machine as much as most of us here do :thumbup: 8)

You're in the right camp now! Less time and hassle with lugging around heavy stuff but more time for creativity and joy while playing! Enjoy!

I'm sure the MAC folks here in that super friendly forum will take care of your question :)

• Thanks for the welcome...Aloha! I gave my friend who has a Kemper here a call to see if he had a similar issue. He was at NAMM. Said he was talking to the Kemper guys earlier, who were very nice. Even the Tone Junkie guys were there. He went back today to share my issue. They said I need to download the Profiler upgrade to a thumb drive, then put that thumb drive into the Profiler. That should fix the bug. Pretty kool to hear straight from Kemper! :thumbup:

• I went to the downloads page to look for the Profiler. My Mac is Big Sur OS 11.7.10 and the download I believe I need to install says Mac OS 10.12 and before 10.13.6

Can anyone link me the proper Profiler upgrade download for my Mac? I can find anything...thanks.

• Got the downloaded file on the thumb-drive and put it in the Profiler Stage...it's ALIVE! And now the fun begins. Already found a superb clean tone that needed very little tweaking. Now to build some rigs! Thanks again for the welcome!