Compromising Situation

• The clean guitar is from my new G&L Tele with the MFD neck pickup. I'm pretty surprised how bright these pickups are. Glad I did not get the Fender Tele.

Some guys on here laughed when I said I could get nice feedback playing a guitar next to my monitors which is exactly what I did on this solo. I only kicked in the FreqOut on the clean arpeggiated part and then dive bombed. I used my Charvel with '59 neck and a JTM45 profile.

This was one of the first songs I ever wrote. I was trying to match a chorus tone I did on an old recording of it and came pretty close using the Kemper effects, but I think my old tone was better. I tried to put more midrange in this bass track and prevent it from being too heavy on the lows. I was having all kinds of trouble with string squeak on the bass which I mentioned in another thread.

Timing was tricky throughout with all the slides into the next note/chords.

Let me know what to improve on. Thanks!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Well Done! I like the 2nd half of the track! from FreQ to end..

Bass is perfect to me! no issue, Punchy n' Loud

to be honest I don't like the drum, .. sounds a bit Outside the rest of the band, ..not not referring to Timing (it's fine) I sounds ..in another room.

Maybe I'd work on Reverbs

Nice track anyway!

• to be honest I don't like the drum, .. sounds a bit Outside the rest of the band, ..not not referring to Timing (it's fine) I sounds ..in another room.

This! Too far in the background and not united with the rest of the instruments. It's a bit of a guitarist's mix...

Freqout stuff sounds pretty nice! Also how it is positioned in the mix.

Congrats on the new Tele. You've been waiting way long enough for that one now. Good to see/hear that it inspires you! :thumbup: 8)

• Nicely done BayouTexan , I agree with the others about the drums not feeling like they're in the same space. It's not necessarily about snare volume always but about the actual sonic characteristics. You can approach it with multiple techniques, using the same effects on multiple tracks to "glue" them etc.

• Nicely done BayouTexan , I agree with the others about the drums not feeling like they're in the same space. It's not necessarily about snare volume always but about the actual sonic characteristics. You can approach it with multiple techniques, using the same effects on multiple tracks to "glue" them etc.

I wanted a softer drum sound like I did on a previous clean mix but this track came out more upbeat than I thought so probably should have gone that way. I also broke the rule of wailing for your ears to rest overnight before proceeding. Just in a rush to play some more new Tele.

• The tele sounds clean indeed, but the chorus eats the details of it's tone , maybe a dry fender tone would be more transparent ?

Does it twang on heavy hand attack ?

The original tone I was trying to match had chorus effect in it but I no longer have that signal chain anymore, and it's better than what Kemper is giving me. I added the phaser and chorus because I thought is was too thin.

The Tele does twang and it's tone is something I am not used to at all. Just strumming it unplugged is super bright to me. I need to do some exploring with this thing. But I love how it is so much different than my other guitars.

• The Tele does twang and it's tone is something I am not used to at all. Just strumming it unplugged is super bright to me. I need to do some exploring with this thing. But I love how it is so much different than my other guitars.

yeah that's the beauty of the tele, it needs some proper amplification & play , might sound thin but cuts every mix with ease.

I highly suggest the great Danny Gatton , both for tones & play style , incredible talent

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• yeah that's the beauty of the tele, it needs some proper amplification & play , might sound thin but cuts every mix with ease.

I highly suggest the great Danny Gatton , both for tones & play style , incredible talent

I'm noodling the tele with a soft crunch AC15 and a Fender twin and I adore the sound I get. It definitely cuts. I need to develop some good techniques on this guitar. I'm trying to figure out what tune to mix next on it.

That semi-hollow ain't too shabby either.

• I'm noodling the tele with a soft crunch AC15 and a Fender twin and I adore the sound I get. It definitely cuts.

Back to the roots man ! That's the tele vibe

Trying the free NAM VST would clearly get you a step ahead in this direction , as the fender tones I get with ... hmm hmm ,... I cannot get them on my KPA , period

• Can't You Profile them?

Yes I can & did with my "alice in mars" profile for instance.

but it's mainly a feel & growl that does not transcribe well to the KPA , for instance Hendrix tones and major jangly amps like fenders. KPA profiling smooth it out too much and forgets the details.

My best example is this one , I could never achieve this exact tone on my KPA after weeks of try , I even opened a full thread about it, but no luck ... until I tried NAM , and it was a major revelation for me as I could finally get it & for free ( but not without hassle , it's open source ).

External Content www.youtube.com

And to be perfectly honest , it doesn't matter once recorded & mixed, you cannot tell which is which.