Posts by deadman42

Hi Jim, welcome and have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper!

Can just emphasize what the three before me said ( paults, JedMckenna , Ingolf :thumbup:). Many way to achieve what you want.

Actually I typically go with one performance per guitar with the essential sounds in it. Created from different profiles (of the same amp) but also with different tweakings. For instance Rhett Shull's free profile of the Skylark Trem is a perfect starting point for my cleaner / breakup sounds. Depending on pedals, guitar, pickup and volume knob position you can create quite different sounds but consistens sounds with it.

Also, rotate your position slowly with the guitar, chances are you are playing near potentially noisy equipment that is being picked up

To add on this one: I had a laser printer in my music room which created such noise by being connected via WiFi. It took me ages to figure out because it only kicked in on single coils, not on humbucker equipped guitars.

Can you describe the noise a bit more? What guitar / pickups do you use? And yes, the higher the gain the more the noise finds its way to your ears. But then it is also there with lower gain rigs. So let's hunt it :)

Okay, sounds good re the approach so far. So next level:

• I assume that "kind of dirty" means unwanted distortion? Are the levels okay or are you maybe driving the GT-10 too hot for the return input so that it clips? Try to reduce the output of the GT-10 then.
    • Are you giving the Kemper the right setup, i.e. clean/distorted profile, direct vs. studio profile, i.e. with cab. That stuff has to be accurate.
    • When you start profiling which profile was loaded? A similar one or something totally different? Rather try similar one as some parameters like Definition are influenced by this.

Somebody else here in the forum other thoughts?

Welcome and have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper!

paults is absolutely right. I would recommend to upgrade to version 6.0 of the firmware as it brings beautiful new reverb algorithms. Absolutely worth it and the version is stable in the combination with RM mentioned above.

Hi and welcome! Have fun in the forum and with your Kemper!

Sorry, as I am owner of nonpowered rack version I can not help with your question. But as you rightly said: There are so many wise people underway here... somebody will have a good hint for you.

Hi Andreas, welcome and have fun in the forum and with your Kemper!

Regarding your problem a bit more information would be helpful...

• How did you do the profiling? Cable connections? Set up?
    • Why is the result considered to be poor? Differences of profile vs. GT-10?
    • Did you profile other amps already with better results?
    • Which kind of speakers / cabs are used?

I did not mean to come across as a critic either

Don't worry. There is nothing wrong in criticism and perhaps constructive feedback. You will find a lot of critical discussions here in the forum as well. Which is fine. I think the Kemper guys who are reading here in the forum take this very serious and they are very helpful whenever they answer here. Same for the support of the company.

That discouraged me...

Who can understand a universe in a day. I definitely couldn't 8o ...yes, it's really a lot to discover and a lot to try out but that's a journey. I enjoy this so much. And I have to admit that I am still in a phase where I am overwhelmed by the pure sound of some amps / profiles which without the Kemper I would never have had the ability to play them. Now I am slowly but more and more diving into the effects section and tweak the stuff for my needs. That's an incredibly inspiring process.

I am brand new to the world of Kemper products, and digital rigs and pedalboards as well.

Hi, welcome and have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper!

Kemper has improved the effects in the Profiler over time via updates of the firmware and many people incl. myself refer to them as rather outstanding. Maybe with some small drawbacks here and there and surely depending on where you come from and what your expactations are. It will take quite some time until you are through all the different effects - don't get misleaded by a few profiles which come with a limited spectrum or parameter settings which do not suit your needs. You can change all this. Take your time, watch the YouTube stuff and learn how to tweak it. It's worth it :)

And naturally you can use analog effects together with your Kemper. Personally I try to avoid this due to the quality of the built in stuff but still own a wah pedal and a tube screamer which I still use with the Kemper. If you put effects in the loop then yes, the quality might be impacted by another DA/AD conversion. I think for live use it doesn't matter, in the studio I would think about it. Just my two cents.

My advice: Don't give up too early. The reputation of the Kemper stuff has a reason. And maybe let the audience here know a bit about the sound you are aiming at. Many people here know great tips and tricks how to get there.

Zu 1: Das erlebe ich auch bisweilen... und den erzeugten Wahnsinn kann ich sehr gut nachvollziehen. Dazu gabs Austausch im internationalen Teil des Forums in diesem Thread:

Having trouble with Slot Names vs Rig Names

Eine Lösung gibt es meines Wissens nach noch nicht wirklich. Aber zumindest den Workaround über Kopie und Rückspeicherung der Performance via RigManager so wie ich ihn in der Diskussion dort beschrieben habe.