Posts by deadman42

Just goes to show you never can judge a book by its cover.

This. Same thoughts here Alan. When I was a kid this was the "most boring grown-up music". Not rock'n roll, not rebel music, but party music for parents, aunts and uncles... 8o

20 / 30 years later looking back with a broader view on music and especially music production the beauty of James Last's work comes out so much better for me. Very impressive I have to say what he did and also how commercially successful all this was. And he modernized in the background and did collaborations with younger musicians as well. Certainly full of passion and surrounded by great musicians of which Erlend is a superb example.

Wow Joe, phantastic tune! Well done.

Super much reminds me of the H-BlockX, a German Punk-Metal-Crossover band which was big here in the 90s. Your tune easily fits in their waters, so I can imagine Henning and Dave singing on it. Very nice :thumbup:8)

Usual question: Rythm guitars, what do we hear guitar- and profile-wise?

Brilliant Per, that would have been a hit back then! Or can be nowadays when the next retro wave kicks in. As usual the vocals would make it most complete. Anyway, very well balanced mix and nice elements in it. Cool thing :thumbup:8)

Very nice. Great with the distorted bass! Cool thing :thumbup:8)

"Mr. Rotten? Your voice is needed, please enter the vocal booth at Per's studio soon..."

Great intro Per! Love it until the guitars kick in. Fine and energetic afterwards but for me the first part is the stronger one. Great sounds in it! :thumbup:8)

Some "Stairway to Heaven" in the intro? :)

That groove in the second part is nice. You always nail a nice underlying vibe with that. Cool sounds on top of that (mostly; that super detuned guitar is not my cup of tea though) :thumbup:8)

Welcome, have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper. Sounds like the fun is already going on, very good! Enjoy this incredible machine as much as most of us here do :thumbup:8)

Welcome, have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper. Sounds like the fun is already going on, very good! Enjoy this incredible machine as much as most of us here do :thumbup:8)

Briliant and beautiful Per. I like that open space and how the guitar leads take that room. Nice tempo and overall vibe. Commercial one again :thumbup:8)

but maybe not as one's mind will often trick you with all your background and let you think your own cooking is genuine, it happens all the time :o

For sure. It becomes harder and harder to be orignal at all. Look here. That's around 40 "different" songs... :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.