Posts by jon9max

Since I downloaded 7.0.8 and now 7.0.9 My remote hasn't been working. This has never been an issue until this update. While the Kemper rack boots up, all the remote lights will get really bright and then flash off. It will do this a few times and then stay off. While the lights are on the remote says performing power test. The other day while I had 7.0.8, I rebooted about five times then the remote stayed on. When it did, it said performing update. Today I saw that 7.0.9 was available, so I downloaded and installed it, hoping it would solve this problem. It didn't. This never happened before these updates. I have tried different ethernet/con cables. I don't even plug anything directly into the Kemper, I have a patch panel that I connect everything to in a rack. I also plugged directly into the Kemper and that still did not resolve the problem.

Kemper says the non powered Kabinet will be released first. Then raw drivers. Then possibly a powered Kabinet could be released.

Of course, you make a good point. And Kemper could change the order.

Well they announced the editor and speaker cab and Kemper cone in January, then they came out with the unannounced Kemper Stage. So we just don't know what they're gonna do. So maybe we'll see the "Kemper Guitar" first?

I wouldn't bank on that. It look just as editable from the front panel as the other Kempers.

Yes, but who wants to be on the floor on their knees every time they want to change a parameter? I doubt they would release this without a proper editor.

No, They showed a working editor seven months ago. When you tickle my a** with a feather, I'm gonna want some more tickling. I'm saying it's long overdue for a proper software editor. For 2019 the current rig manager is not good. for 2011, the current rig manager is not good. I love the Kemper for what is does and how I use it, it's the best guitar tool I've ever had. Why shouldn't it exceed expectations, And also work. I didn't think I was purchasing a toy, I assumed I was buying a professional piece of audio gear.

I know everyone is going to jump to Kemper's defense, but, It's been 7 months. The editor is much needed and the current editor is kind of a joke in 2019. Setting up performances is very clunky and time consuming. Why show a working editor if it is nowhere near ready.

I got the same problem today. I was unable to overdub a Loop.

The led in front of the looper on/off switch kept on litting after turning the looper off... I am on the latest firmware release 5.7.4.14373.

I will try this again tomorrow.. and report here, about what is happening.

This happens often to me. If I turn the unit off and back on it will function normally. But I use the looper live and it gives me great anxiety not to know if it's gonna work or not. Everything else functions normally

True but who knows if it will mean in the beginning of summer, in the middle of summer or late summer. Summer ends earlier here in Sweden than Germany so it might mean it will be released in autumn for me. =O

There should be an unwritten rule, If you announce and have a working product @ winter NAMM, it's got to be ready to go to the consumer by summer Namm. Just sayin'.....

Getting closer to the summer release hopefully.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Well, it IS officially summer. Let's Goooooo

Is there a specific question? Because there are many ways you can do it, but it depends on what you want. You can send it to your speaker from the monitor out or speaker out, then to FOH from the main out and control them independently. You should really read that part in the manual. It’s easier to read it than explain how the output section works.

Here is a link to the manual where the inputs & outputs are explained. https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads/5/User-Manuals

Thanks! Yes, it can absolutely be done like that, but, I have to be able to do it more on the fly, live, quickly. like, one button to turn on and one to turn off. Having to turn on the looper, hit record, play note, hit overdub play note, play another note, hit stop loop and get out of looper mode in 2 measures. I'm not that good of a tap dancer, haha.

I don't know if this can be done, if it can, I haven't figured out a way to do it.

I would like to play a note, have it hold, play another note, have it hold, then finally a third note, so it forms a chord. Like having 3 different guitarists hitting one note at a time. I know,.. I can play one note at a time of a chord but that won't get the sound. Listen to the very end of the guitar solo from Queen "Bicycle Race." That. Can this be done?

Yep, morphing is the way to go. You can change all the parameters of what is "on" already. Increase gain, add compressor, delay, etc.. I go to the amplifier section and boost the volume there. What you can't do, is turn on or off stomps or effects only change values. So if I want to add a compressor to get some sustain on a solo but I don't want it on the regular rhythm sound, I just set all the values to zero so it has no effect on the regular "non morphed position" click the button to go to the "morph" (top light) and change the parameters. and store. Don't forget to store! There are videos and tutorials about this, it's very easy and awesome. I use a separate foot switch (you don't have to) just for the morph function so I don't have to worry about hitting the wrong button or two buttons on the remote (it's kind of small and buttons are close together)and screwing up the solo. Sometimes you can get over excited going into a solo part. I've done that a few times and it is embarrassing, that's what prompted me to add a switch on one of the pedal slots on the remote.

NAMM was what, the end of January? At the time Kemper was floating idea of the Kabinet and they were wanting feedback. Speedy delivery to market isn't exactly Kempers modus operandi.

So I think it's sorely optimistic to expect to see a shipping product this year.

They were “floating the idea” ? I believe we actually saw the product and specialized software. I would expect this to be in the production stage at this point. Floating the idea would be, “Hey guys, what do you think about us coming out with a speaker?”

For these kind of sounds it can really make sense to go stereo. But if you go mono make sure to turn up the mix parameter within the effects. My experience is that effects are much more audible in stereo and therefore don't need high mix values (and the other way round in mono).

Yes, make sure to audition all of your sounds/profiles in "master mono" output mode. If you are used to practicing and hearing it in stereo and go to a gig and switch it to mono you will be disappointed. You won't hear the effects as loud and in some cases they will sound drastically different.