Posts by Kahuna59

One of my all time favorites.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Clapton? Two killer solos and controversy as to who is playing them on this cut of Derek and the Dominos backing Renee Armand on Devil Road. Many say EC, others disagree. Still classic solos.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

At first my hesitation was price and tube snobbiness. Digital will never get you the true tube tone and behavior right? The reviews, youtubes and forum praise won me over. And regarding price? How many tub amps have I bought and sold over the years? - taking a big loss with each iteration. Now I have all the amps I could ever want and they sound and act just like the originals. A couple grand for a million bucks worth of tone that never gets old. And thanks to Kemper, it continues to get better. Best investment ever. I'm happy.

Welcome, have fun here in the forum and naturally with your Kemper. Which is already going on, very cool :thumbup:8)

Thanks for sharing your story and insights as well as the great picture of your awesome playground. That looks pretty inspiring :thumbup:

Thanks deadman! If it's not easy to fire up then it will get neglected. For added inspiration I have my official Brian Wilson 4U ATA road case above the Egnator. He was selling some gear on Reverb at the beginning of the year.

Shhhh. The company's got enough problems right now. Thanks!

Hi all, This is not my main player but a favorite one I built. The story is that I used to work on the development of the Boeing KC-45A Pegasus USAF Tanker. The airplane is awesome and I decided to use it as inspiration for a guitar build. The KC-46 went through more than its share of development challenges (still has some struggles) but it’s still a game changer compared to the 1950s era tankers still in use. One of the main struggles was with the massive amount of wiring in the plane. So, I built a tribute guitar with rather involved wiring design. I incorporate a 6 position toggle that allows me to select any combination of the 3 humbuckers. Also all 4 pots are push-pull which all each HB to be split. It took longer than expected (about 4 months) and cost more than expected, just like the real thing. I got it a pro setup once finished and it plays and sounds great. I even got the Chief pilot to give it a ride (see photo of the guitar Pegasus in a Pegasus while following close behind another Pegasus. The back is signed by about 15 top company, government and military leaders. Here are the specs:

Basswood body. Maple neck with rosewood fretboard. Bone nut.

Pickups:

Neck – Seymour Duncan Saturday Night Special Neck – SD Nickel Cover, Gibson Black Neck Ring

Middle - Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates Neck – SD Nickel Cover, Gibson Black Neck Ring

Bridge – Seymour Duncan Saturday Night Special Bridge – SD Nickel Cover, Gibson Black Bridge Ring

Tuners: Sperzel 3+3 Locking Tuning Machines – Nickel finish

Strap locks: Schaller Guitar Strap Locks – Nickel finish

Potentiometers: 4 DiMarzio 500K Push-Pull Pots – Gibson black top-hat knobs

Stop bar: Gibson – Nickel finish

Bridge: Graph Tech RESOMAX NV2 Harmonic Bridge Nickel 6mm posts String Saver Saddles

Toggle: Free Way 6-way switch – Nickel and black

Position

Pickups

N

B+N

B

N+M

M

B+M

Output jack: Switchcraft with Gibson jack plate – Nickel finish

Tone Pot Capacitor: 0.022uF Orange Drop

Electronics:

Neck volume – pull to split neck pickup

Middle volume – pull to split middle pickup

Bridge volume – pull to split bridge pickup

Master tone – Push-pull for position 5 only (Pull to activate all 3 pickups. Push for middle only)

Finish:

Body – ColorTone metallic #3893 Silver lacquer body front and front of headstock.

ColorTone Black Aerosol Guitar Lacquer body back, sides, neck and back of headstock
    ColorTone Black lacquer Pegasus airbrush graphics and lettering.

Clear coat: Behlen Nitrocellulose Stringed Instrument Lacquer.

Weight 9lb 0.6oz

Hi everyone. I’ve been a happy Kemper Powerhead and Remote owner for a bit over a year now. I read the Forum posts almost daily but have not joined in the conversation. I do enjoy reading what you experts say and I learn a lot from your posts. I even enjoyed the scuffles and often humorous exchanges in that dark period running up to the Rig manager 3 release. I received the Kabinet in the first wave of orders and think it’s awesome.

I primarily play at home and I love the ability to get great tones from the Kemper even at low volume. I still have 3 tube amps but they haven’t been fired up since I got the Kemper. I don’t know if I’ll be able to let them go – I tend to hold on to gear for some reason. I still have the first two electrics I ever bought, a 1979 Marque Strat copy and a 1980 Strat. My current favorite is a 2017 LP Standard HP. I also build.

Been playing since around 1970 but it’s a hobby not job. I have more fun than talent. I have an aerospace PhD but still find figuring out all the settings and options on the Kemper as challenging as anything I’ve done. Luckily I don’t have to fiddle with every setting to get a good tone. I’m fairly lazy when it comes to dialing in tones so the Kemper is perfect for me. There are so many great sounding profiles ready to go. I like to play 60s pop, rock, classic rock, country and blues. I really enjoy the Kemper and this Forum. Cheers!