Posts by AntoninoF

Hello,

I need your help because i've got a big issue with my Kemepr Powerhead yesterday during a gig.

During the beginning of the soundchek, everything was ok.

This is my configuration : my kemper is connected to a 2x12 DvMark Gold cabinet with the speaker output (output level : -20db) and also connected to the mix table with one of the main output

I play with a HH configuration on my main guitar.

At some point during the soundcheck, a huge feedback start to come out of my cabinet with all my distortion profiles.

At this moment, i have not turned up the volume of the main output yet

I searched unsuccessfully for the origin of the problem : checking the output settings, testing with another HH guitar...

The only solution for the gig was to switch to a spare guitare with SSS configuration (Strat American Deluxe).

On the moment, i thought of an issue with an electric ground connection, but the problem persists at home.

Can you help me ?

Have a nice day

Antonino from Dijon, France.

Hello,

I have try my kemper into the cab of a friend (a Mesa recto 4x12) and we have make a comparison with his own Kemper with same profiles, same eq and same output settings.

Both sound great and absolutely identical.

However, i think the probleme i hear in my cab does not show up very well in the video.

When i play my Kemper in my room, i really hear a "swar of bee" effect and i think we can't hear it clearly in the video

Perhaps something is damaged in my cab or the combination of this cab and the kemper is bad...

I don't know...

Ummm..sorry man, but that sounds great! Seriously, I don't hear any issue..just good tone. Sounds just like mine : )

Unfortunately, i think the sound of my camera minimize the problem a lot...

Anyway, i will try my kemper through the cab of a friend and compare the tone of my powerhead with his own powerhead... Same profiles, same settings and same guitare, cable and cab...

We will see if there is a notable difference...

Here is a copy of the last mail i send to the customer service

"

Hello,

My i run my kemper through the speaker output with the "monitor cab off" function activated.

I have also try the "init global settings".

The output source for monitor output is "master mono".

I have try it with different speaker cables and a lot of different profiles (factory profiles, SinMix, Michael Britt paid profiles etc...)

Have a nice day."

That being said, maybe the guit cab is not for you..Go FRFR. (Come on Kemper cab!! )

Perhaps i'm not as clear as i must be.

It doesn't sound like it's a matter of taste or something similar.

It sound like a technical problem...

What i hear is very far of what i can hear in the Michael Britt video...

Hmm..I have the opposite exprerience..I run my powerhead right into a Mesa Recto 4 x12 and it sounds just like the profiles I use (all are profiled through the same cab..) I have to say, even my other profiles (Marshall, Fender, Deiezel, etc..) all sound great through the cab..Although the cab (Vintage 30's) colors the sound (just as any cab does..). Clean and super high gain, everything in between sounds awesome. I have NEVER had any issues that I d=couldn't dial out or in with a little eq. If the Kemper Profile sounds good direct, it should sound good through the cab. So, my suggestion is to find presets or rigs that were originally profiled through the same cabinet you are using. That should clear up a lot of issues... Keep in mind that those tone controls (Treble,Bass,Mid, Presence) are very sensitive and a little goes a long way. And always turn CAB off when running into a cabinent, otherwise it will be over compressed, muddy and fake sounding.

I have tried to play with rigs profiled through the same cabinet as mine...The probleme persist...

The sound is absolutely fizzy when i play with the cab section off...

Perhaps an important detail: i have only try it at bedroom volume

Welcome to the forum! I think I would start by checking how it sounds recorded or through powered monitors.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your answers.:)

When i record my Kemper in a daw (cubase) it sound great.

The main probleme is what i describe wehen i play my Kemper into my cabinet.

I have already tried the monitor output EQ and the studio eq tricks.

I think it sound better because we can cut the extra treble and presence but in my opinion, it's not miraculous because we still can't ear the identity of the specific amp profiled and it still synthetic....:(

Hi everyone,

I'm the owner of a Kemper powerhead since 6 month ago and I have a big problem when i play my kemper directly into my Marshall cabinet.

When the cabinet section is activated, it sound very deaf and muddy, like a bad POD tone

And when I disable the cabinet section with the cabinet button of the front panel or with the monitor cab off fuction, it sound absolutely awful, like a vey synthetic distortion with the presence at the maximum.

I read a lot off people who are very happy with playing a Kemper powerhead straight into their cab.

Can someone help me please ?

PS: i'm a french user, sorry for my average english:(

UPDATE:

Hello,

I have try my kemper into the cab of a friend (a Mesa recto 4x12) and we have make a comparison with his own Kemper with same profiles, same eq and same output settings.

Both sound great and absolutely identical.

However, i think the probleme i hear in my cab does not show up very well in the video.

When i play my Kemper in my room, i really hear a "swar of bee" effect and i think we can't hear it clearly in the video

Perhaps something is damaged in my cab or the combination of this cab and the kemper is bad...

I don't know...