Posts by HT Player

I have the Rack Mount Power amp running into a Matrix power amp and then to two EVH 2x12 cabs. Since most profiles are emulating a given cab how do you disable those cabs and just run hot to the live cabs.... Is it in OUTPUT and then turn off monitors?? Or is there some other settings needed to not over process the sound.

Thanks

I just tonight setup my Matrix power amp which I have connected to the Kemper right and left outputs and then out of the Matrix to two 2x12 cabs. Just for this reason. I am trying to remember what else I was suppose to turn off in the Kemper when doing this.....

Ordered the MATRIX 800 amp after many rounds with them and listening to a shit load of U Tube vids.... did I read somewhere that when using the outputs from the KP into a amp and out to real cabs that there is something in the Kemper that needs to be turned off so the kemper doesn't try to emulate a cab and then go through a real cab? Any clarification would be appreciated!

Been using my Kemper power rack unit for about a month and a half now...been great for studio level recording stuff but I need more volume and width. I wasn't aware this head only had a mono out for a cab and really want stereo. So it sounds like I need a power amp to take the right/left outputs into and then send it to some cabs.

I am looking for some proven and compliant options to do this. I know much of this can be subjective and opinionated so I am really looking for technical info to not hurt the Kemper or to ruin a sounds quality due to something being over processed.

Obviously people play out with this setup just can't seem to get a straight answer.

Thanks

The majority of the recording I have done has all been done through miking amps....which i still do I use multiple types of amps. Since the Kemper emulates the whole rig I have been just coming out of the back of the amp and into a left and right input on my interface.

What are some things to know about with the Kemper that would need to be tweaked to ensure I am bringing in a clean signal for recording. I always end up listening through my headphones to get as close to what it will sound like as opposed to the monitors.

Thanks

wells that's what I did from the start. Downloaded the new OS after a fresh format of the flash drive. Loaded successfully then hooked up USB to laptop where I have RIG MANAGER. It found everything and transferred all the files from the amp. I also pulled in 40 new profiles which seemed to have loaded properly.... and I let it do its own thing until it was done..

Got this unit new a couple weeks ago. Right out of the box while browsing it would crash.... just using some computer intuition I noticed the version number and looked it up off the Kemper site and it was wayyyyyyyy behind. It was a version 5.X. After doing it everything worked perfect.

Today I finally got around to connecting with Rig Manager which upon hook up provided a message to get the new 7.0 release...so I did....now it blows up the same way as before while browsing.. I don't remember the exact version but I downloaded it just over an hour ago so assume its current...

What's the best means to figure this out?

Thanks

Just got a unit last week...did the current 6.0XX update after right out of the box it was crashing when I would browse.....Been working fine but after the recent 7.0 update its blowing up again. Only did the update as the Rig Manager wouldn't work...what am I missing?

Good to know there on point. Another question I have just for clarification;

If I come out of the back of the Kemper using the MAIN OUTPUT (with XLR plugs) I can go directly into a Steinburg USB Interface and into my mac similar to how i have been using it as a mic. This is for home recording stuff. If I decide to get a Power Amp do I come out of the same outputs of the Kemper for further amplification?

Also I assume that at this point I can have full stereo effect for recordings just not for running through two external cabs WITHOUT the external amp....

Thanks

So I just got the PowerRack head recently. It only has a mono out from the power amp and i would like to be able to run true stereo to get a wider sound especially with modulation effects. It seems as if I need to use the right/left outputs in the back of the amp and then run that into an external power amp that has stereo outputs. If this is the case maybe I should of bought the non power head but since I have it so if I do need an external Power amp what are my best options to work with the Kemper?

Thanks HT

Guys thanks for the follow up. Its just amazing the amount of options and combinations. Its a bit overwhelming. LOL! At the end of the day its all about how our ears define a tone so was hoping to just get some basis from how others have put together some profiles. When I read the amp holds 1000 profiles as was like who can possible have that many and now I can see why!

I'll check out the referrals noted and I have some other operational questions but they might be better suited for other sections of the forum.. Thanks