Recording from Kemper to Interface Tips needed...

• The majority of the recording I have done has all been done through miking amps....which i still do I use multiple types of amps. Since the Kemper emulates the whole rig I have been just coming out of the back of the amp and into a left and right input on my interface.

What are some things to know about with the Kemper that would need to be tweaked to ensure I am bringing in a clean signal for recording. I always end up listening through my headphones to get as close to what it will sound like as opposed to the monitors.

Thanks

Equipment junky always on the hunt chasing tone. Engl Powerball 2, MT15PRS, PRS Custom 24, PRS Tremonti, PRS McCarthy, Ibanez JS2410

• Watch input levels in the mixer>Daw on the stereo channels you will track/record on. Don't set it right at 0 db , rather set it back a bit (or run a limiter) so that the peaks are not into clip. The KPA is easy to make good tracks with. :)

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Watch input levels in the mixer>Daw on the stereo channels you will track/record on. Don't set it right at 0 db , rather set it back a bit (or run a limiter) so that the peaks are not into clip. The KPA is easy to make good tracks with. :)

Yeah I noticed already its not hard to clip the input level into the interface!

Equipment junky always on the hunt chasing tone. Engl Powerball 2, MT15PRS, PRS Custom 24, PRS Tremonti, PRS McCarthy, Ibanez JS2410

• What are some things to know about with the Kemper that would need to be tweaked to ensure I am bringing in a clean signal for recording. I always end up listening through my headphones to get as close to what it will sound like as opposed to the monitors.

Just use your ears, HT. You're experienced in mic'd-amp recording, so you already have a better reference than many others here. If what you're hearing is at least as good as what you're used to, you're good-to-go IMHO.

I'd actually expect that the lack of room-mode issues alone would, at least in the case of most home setups, expedite the process and reduce the need for additional massaging of the signal in one's DAW sans the "obligatory" high-and-low-pass filtering most mixes require of guitar tracks.

The Kemper simplifies the task of recording so much that I suspect that it might have prompted you to overthink it. IOW, why not just go with it and judge the final-mix results?