Posts by pbass6811

Fair enough, although I still don't see the point of more cabs.

FOH should be taken care of via direct outs, so its only monitoring for yourself and the rest of the band. I play some reasonably big venues and festivals, and if we struggle, I just put more through the PA monitors.

Given your name, is this for Bass?

Yes. I play bass. For us, the quickest way to a bit "more", is adding more speakers. With the config I prefer, 212s, there aren't many 8 ohm options, so I gotta get creative. Most of the current "top level" bass amps will go down to 2 ohms, but I'm getting into a little bit of guitar playing, so the Profiler will get double duty, but my primary instrument is bass.

My main issue would just be the ability to run another cab, if I so desire. Most of my cabs are 4 ohms, so I can only run one of them off of the speaker output. At some of the bigger venues we play, I'd like the option of adding another cab to my setup, if the need arises.

The 600w in this seems to be plenty. I really like the fact that it puts out the same 600w at 4 or 8 ohms. I played through a 4 ohm cab last weekend, I'll try it through an 8 ohm cab this weekend.

Of course you can, mate. Just check your output settings in the Output menu to make tweaks as to exactly what's being sent there and the level.

Welcome to the forum. Fellow bass player here. :)

Sounds like you like the Fender Precision. Had a '73 Sunburst Precision back in the '80s, but sold it for cheap without realising what it was worth. Switched to Ibanez for a little while, but then managed to pick up a 5-string Stingray from a pawn shop and have been with Music Man Stingrays ever since.

Thanks, my friend! I appreciate the help. I didn't wanna blow up my new toy running a speaker AND running a line to a power amp at the same time.

I'll be honest with ya', I'm not a Fender guy at all. I've had one Jazz bass in my life, and I ended up hating it. I love 'Rays, but I just can't get along with them for too long. Right now, and for the foreseeable future, I'll be playing Dingwall basses, even though I'm not a metal guy.

The username comes from the "P" in Phil, I play bass, born in '68, and I had to add a couple of numbers at the end, LOL! Thanks for the reply!

Thanks for the reply! I did read that. I do get that I can use the Monitor Out to run it to a power amp. My question is can I do that AND run the Speaker out to another cab at the same time??

Hey all,

Just got my PowerHead last week. Used it on a gig on Saturday night. Sound was FANTASTIC, but I couldn't get it to work as my IEM hub. No worries about that. I do have a quick question, though...I'm running a PowerHead into a cab from the Speaker out, can I simultaneously run a line from the Monitor out to a power amp and another cab? I swear I've looked through the manual, but I can't seem to find a definitive answer. Thanks folks!