Posts by DubiousMe

Hi, I mainly play rock (classic to hard) music.

My setup goes:

Guitar->Kemper stage->Tube Power amp->2x12 Celestion Vintage speakers

With a Strat:

I preferred T7-T11. T1 to T6 were too much highs for my taste

With a LP:

I preferred T7-T9. Same observation with T1 to T6, but T10 and T11 were muddy for me.

For T1 - T6 to be usable for my setup I had to add a studio equalizer.

Hope I was able to help out.

Hey. You are the final freebie. Just sent! Enjoy and thanks.

Hey Matt,

I had a chance today to run through your pack. That was a lot! Thanks again!

I mainly use humbuckers -> Stage -> Tube PowerAmp -> 2x12 cab (Celes Vtype) I don't really use the cab part of the Kemper :)

Without any tweaking or adjustment I found what sounds pleasing to my ears are the NormalBright++ profiles. It cuts through mix well! I will try and give it a go on one of my session in an actual band environment.

Great job!

Have you tried OS 7.14? I believe this version as a specific fix for this issue. Personally, I never got this issue with OS 7.14

I like the Katzbach profiles. But you have to consider, they are HEAVILY tweaked rigs!

Almost all parameters have been used, sometimes in a quite unusual way. There are some parameters where very small adjustments have a big impact on sound. But Katzbach have no fear tweaking quite unorthodox:)

If you like the results you can try to "transfer" some of the settings to other profiles and you will be surprised. When I remember correctly (not at the Kemper atm) they also tweaked the settings in the cab section.

Just so I learn something new, are there any downside to using heavily tweaked rigs?

Okay so I spent some time to play around with the locking feature. I have noticed the Stage behaves differently between:

1. Assigning an Effect Button to 1 locked block

and

2. Assigning an Effect Button to 2 locked blocks

Kemper Stage also locks the Effect button with Case#1. Means no matter where I go (at least in performance mode), the block and button is maintained.

For Case#2 Kemper Stage does not lock the assigned Effect button at all. When I change to a new slot, the effect button assignment is not retained, unlike in Case#1.

Also, I have noticed that if I assigned a locked block to an effect button the lower right LED is turned ON all the time. Hopefully this is normal. :)

The lock button isn’t saved as part of the Rig or Performance. It is either active or not.

Think of it as an override option for what is saved in a profile. It basically tells the Kemper to ignore what the Rig being load contains (in its saved form) and instead just leave the locked FX or Block that is currently locked in place.

Okay, I think I got your point. I appreciate the reply :)

It's just strange that the Effects Button for a Locked Block on one Rig was also applied to other rigs not using this Effects Button as I observed in Step#3

Hi, I have started playing around the locking feature of my Stage. I did the following:

1. I locked Block B which is a typical boost
    2. I assigned Effects Button 1 to toggle Block B then hit Store just to be sure
    3. Saw that this was applied to all my rigs in the current performance
    4. When I switched to another rig (another performance) that has a saved assignment in Effects Button 1, the setting in step#2 was not applied. (I assume this is normal)
    5. When I went back to the rigs in Step#3 the assignment for Effects Button 1 (toggle Block B) was gone

My questions:

1. Are Effects Buttons saved for locked blocks?
    2. Is my observation in Step#4 a bug?
    3. Is my observation in Step#5 a bug?

For anyone that can clarify, thanks in advance! :)