Posts by Steve5478

Don't modify your Katana ; sell it if you don't use it or keep it in this state if you want to play with it.

You can buy a Power Kabinet ; it's the simplest solution or the cheapest route is a DIY Power Kab ;

- an empty 1x12" closed cab : 120/150€

- a Kone : 150 €

- A class D amp ; https://www.thomann.de/fr/harley_benton_gpa_100.htm , https://www.thomann.de/fr/hoto…er_portable_power_amp.htm , https://www.thomann.de/fr/warwick_gnome.htm ,

https://www.thomann.de/fr/tc_electronic_bam200.htm ; 80/165€

- A speaker cable ; 15/30€

Price between ; 370€ to 500€

Done ....;)

The main question is : Do yo really search for the "amp in the room" ?

If you want to run imprints and have them sound like the real speaker the Kabinet is really the only option.

No obligatorily, i mean to obtain "amp in the room". With OP's devices you can already get that. The powercab is the only stuff that can provide amp in the room too today....The way to have it, is to disable Kemper cab's block and select the speaker you want in the Powercab+ . Done

Of Course, is the Kemper + Powercab as good as Kemper + Kone ? I don't know, i've sold my PC+ long before buying the Kone but it could be interesting to compare the result....

I think buying a Kabinet would be relevant if you wanted to go to rehearsals or gigs (i always leave it at rehearsal room).

In your case, i would go for monitor speakers or headphones to play at bedroom level....

At the beginning, i was thinking you need two cables one to control the profiler, the other, one 1/4" jack from your guitar to the profiler.

But you're right, i know for gigs, i have a shure GLXD16, then i have a lot of cable and need multiple power supply....

With your configuration, you kcan hide all those stuffs at the back of stage....:thumbup:8)

On the other side, i like the All-in-one format....

I have a stage so didn't know precisely the remote but i thought that you had one guitar input in the remote.

It's not the case, i'm a little estonished it could have been a better choice.... I assume that's because Ethernet cable just send midi informations but i don't find that convenient....

The fine print: All amp brands are trademarked by their respective owners and are in no way affilliated with Tone Junkie. You are purchasing a license to use these profiles for your own personal and/or professional use but profiles are not for resale or any other unlicensed distribution, free or compensated.

I see nowhere here that you can't sell your device with profiles you bought....

It only says ; don't make business with my work or don't give them for free to your friends.

The question is ; Is the licence linked to the person or the device ? I think to the person because you can have 3 Profilers and fill them all.

On the other hand, i don't see bad thing in giving them to the new owner if you erase them from your computer

The kemper price won't be so much higher even if you've spent 1000$ profiles... It'll just be easier to sell yours comparing to another one....

Do you remove Windows when you sell a computer ? :/=O

OK, si je comprends bien, ce que tu souhaites, c'est le réglage entre ton mp3 et le volume de ton Rig AC30 ?!

Il faudrait plutôt régler le volume de l'auxiliaire. Si tu modifies le volume du RIG, ça va générer un delta entre tous tes RIgs.

Faudrait régler ça dans un premier temps, que tes passages d'un rig à l'autre soit bien fait, que le volume augmente si tu as besoin de faire un solo, etc....

Ensuite pour jouer avec de la musique, il faudrait aller dans le output menu et régler le niveaux de mix que tu veux suivant la sortie (voir p116-117 du manuel). Ou cette vidéo :

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ensuite le master volume servira à entendre l'ensemble plus ou moins fort....

Je ne sais pas si tu as une pédale mais c'est un bon investissement également pour les deltas entre Rigs....

Le master Volume ne sert qu'à agir sur les sorties, on peut choisir si c'est de manière dissociée ou non...

Si le souci est de gérer les problèmes de différences de volumes entre les rigs, il faut soit agir sur le volume du rig soit sur le volume de l'ampli.

Le seul moyen actuellement, c'est d'aller dans les paramètres soit appuyer sur le bouton "Rig" (9) et aller régler le volume soit appuyer sur le bouton amplifier (section 4 du schéma) et de modifier les paramètres du volume de l'ampli.

Une fois que les écarts sont réglés, il n'y a plus à y retoucher....

@nicogarcia691, je serai curieux d'entendre le résultat même si je pense que ce n'est pas le top....

Le Laney a une configuration FRFR standard avec deux drivers séparés ;

• 1 x 12” custom driver + 1” LaVoce compression driver

On avait échangé sur d'autres threads pour faire l'inverse ; avoir un modélisateur tierce (Helix, Fractal) avec le Kemper Kone et un modo nous a indiqué que le résultat ne serait pas optimum car le Kone était davantage un broadband speaker qu'un FRFR standard...

Du coup, la config du paramétrage pour le Kone est faite pour vraiment marcher avec celui-ci par rapport à sa conception propre.....

I know you fellas over the pond think we in the states are big babies when we cry about gas prices when they are >$4.00/gal. I have done a fair amount of travel in Europe and have been stunned at the prices of fuel there! IIRC it was around double when I figured out the euro/liter to dollar per gallon calculation. In Germany today, Google says gas is ~$7.14 / gal compared to $3.52 in the US. People in the US would flat out revolt at this price!

Strange how you never see an F150 in Europe ;)

In 18 century, they invented other units to make complex calcuation between countries cause they knew it'll be helpfull with gas/oil.... :D^^:D

Inch/Feet/Gallon, i'm lost....Without talking about change rate :D

The F150, called raptor is commercialized in the utility vehicul range to avoid carbon tax....But i think we gonna see less and less this kind of cars....

I play in a band that covers a lot of different kind of songs.

I use every kind of speakers directly integrated in Rigs BUT :

- I've bought TJ Mega Full Pack and my performances are built this way ; Same Amp/Cab from clean to crunch and most of the time, i'm gonna play the song with the same performance not to have an important gap when i change my rig. When i play another song no matter to change Performance...

It happens sometime i change totally rig : intro fender, marshall for the rest...Or acoustic and electric....But i do it less and less often....

The Kabinet is and was always intended for Profilers and nothing else. Maybe they have a desire to share it with others, but so far that answer is no. My guess is that the reason you don't see a Powercab-like offering is because the imprint technology interacts with the Profile in some way.

If that's true (and its total speculation), you can't replicate it in a standalone.

I think that Kemper could have done exactly a Powercab-like. But it means that they should launched directly a powerKab with an integrated CPU (or something like that) to simulate and choose the different speakers....

I think that Kemper started from the observation that every customers already owned a Profiler, and it's true, so no matter if Kone's parameters are in the Profiler instead of the Kabinet.

Some of Profiler's owner have got the Power ones (what Helix doesn't provide) so they didn't want (IMO) to force to pay another amplified device....

The other advantage we have is that we can built our own Kabinet, just buy an empty one, buy 1, 2, 4 Kones and you have the Kabinet you need/want....

Everything in not wrong and i understand why they did so.

If somebody buys and likes the Kabinet, he might also try the Kemper.

I don't think it's gonna work that way. IMO, most will buy a profiler first and wil go farther to have "amp in the room" with Kabinet addition...

That would be a great solution for other modelers that currently can't use the Kabinet....but it depends what the Kabinet is for.

I think you see it as a separate product, I see it as part of the eco system for Kemper..... so why would Kemper "give away" their tech to make other modelers sound better? They basically give away their USP....but its up to them if they see the additional sales of the Kabinet compensates for reduced sales of the KPA...

Also….How does one create an IR for a technology requiring a special speaker.and is specifically designed to eliminate the one thing an IR requires? That being a microphone to capture the sound. The response part of Impulse Response.

If it could be done, someone would have, and not just for imprints.

The only current competitor i see, is L6 with its Powercab familly....

This unit can live by itself and it integrates all the menus to have a FRFR speaker or an amp in the room speaker (you choose which one you want)...

Is that an IR, an EQ or something else, i don't know, but if i have a Mooer, a kemper, a boss, a fractal, etc...I just have to disable the cab section in my modeler/profiler and choose the speaker i need in the Powercab....

I've understood in another thread that Kone wasn't an FRFR speaker but a broadband speaker.

I don't know exactly what it means || but when you tick "cab off" it reacts as an FRFR.

It implies that even for FRFR you can't use a Kabinet with another modeler....

I assume that Profiler are not magical devices and there's a receipe to achieve this....EQ/IRs ???

On one side, i understand that Kemper don't want to tell competitors how they achieve it (and they have to if they want customers to use it with other modelers due to Kone/Kabinet design), on the other side, i understand customers who have many modelers (it's more and more usual ;)8)) and don't want to buy a Kabinet cause it's only done for Kemper profilers.....

Well said!!!

I think the KPA is daunting for anyone who is coming from the Valve world. Arguably its worse coming from the digital world because you spend so long understanding a device only to be faced with a different interface, terminology and fundamental approach. Try moving from Apple to Samsung :)

I would be agree with you but the example of Teejay proves the opposite.

In my opinion, it depends on how you're curious and look for things.

When i read that he had a Helix, i thought, no problem ; he's gonna catch easily Kemper's behavior. But had some doubts when i saw he had to plug his Helix to computer to work on presets.

I had one, and honestly, it was a very good improvement school for me, but why ? Cause i tried all i could do with this device? i've married it to its little variax sister and powercab plus brother. Pushed everyparameter i could on each device....Read a lot of forums to see which problems others met and how they solved them, etc....

I've discovered a lot of basics stuffs i should know before ; Where i have to place a volume pedal to obtain more/less gain or if i just want to play on the dB level with the same amount of gain....How reacts a delay before or after the amp....And so on....

Some analogues guy, already know that...And some digital ones have just changed presets without editing them....

The other guitarist in my band just bought a Helix LT (exactly the same i had), i've created some presets, i've showed him how to use it, what are snapshots, done the update, etc.... He changes nothing at home or at rehearsal....I don't think he uses snapshots whereas it's an ultimate weapon. I assume he won't go deeper in Helix capabilities....:rolleyes:?(

It's just a question of approach i think

My big asks are:

5. Modern form factor, Smaller footprint, color touch screen, stomp switch knobs like the QC and an integrated expression pedal like an HX

7. Performance modes like the QC to use the buttons as a pedalboard, preset selector or scene switcher.

8. The ability to add profiles to the effects, so I can profile pedals.

In fact, you want a Quand Cortex ;):D (if you don't have already one)

Just ask Neural Dsp to improve it, it'll be faster....

For me, N°7 is unecessary, Kemper purposes Presets in Browser mode or Performance selection, Scenes with Perfomances and stomps with the dedicated footswitches... I don't have the QC or played with it but Helix had this possibility to change mode ; stomp, presets, snapshots, i've never been lost or regreted it....

that's funny, my band just put up a cover of that song a few days ago. I'm using my new kemper in a few days with the band, can't wait to give it a shot. Sorry to interupt...Rockhouse doing I Want It All

It's one of my favorite Queen songs...

I'm going to just turn it on as soon as I get plugged in and the minute that it takes will be meaningless. But the look when all the LED lights and buttons come on will be awesome LOL.

My favorite band !!!! <3<3:thumbup:

Beautifull playing, would like to do the same ! ;)

This song is so great, i understand smile on your face :D

Well, if you guys are happy with how it is, good for you. But to me personally, I was really shocked when I first turned it on because I've never had any piece of gear that slow just to boot up.

I've got a stage so it's less slow to boot up.... But all modelers i have/had need/ed time to boot up.

The Kemper is the main device, so you turn it on first, it leaves time to switch on computers, speakers, etc...All is ready at the same time ! :thumbup:;)